I think you're heading in the right direction.

From there on, getting Fire Prevention, Basics of Survivability, and either Exeprt … So I have full range secondaries with CE, and EM.). I couldn't count the amount of times the agility, or lack thereof, of Roon failed me. The Hindenburg base is 80+ and with upgrades i've pushed that to 91 which chews up planes just fine.

(I will transfer in a 17 point captain which I currently use on Tirpitz/Bismark with a view to transferring to the Hindy when I get it). now I have 2 extra skills to place. (This also partially requires -7% dispersion) IFHE is useless, as you already can already penetrate the Khab with your 1/4 divisor HE. The Roon is a funny bugger that likes to kite (rear guns) but also loves a scrap (Trutleback armour and torps). It's worth considering in this slot. The Roon has good secondaries (not sure about Hindenburg, but people have said to just go for AA on Hindenburg).

Instead, I use triple rudder, with range increase. WoWs - Dark . Also this is my "sneaky" Tirpitz and Scharnhorst capt. (If I'm being honest, I have my Tirpitz captain in her. Knowing when it's safe(r) to expose your back turrets is key info in this ship. TIER 4 - Concealment Expert.

Some players prefer the super-fast rudder shift so they can dodge shells like Pensacola, while some prefer the additional concealment. Expert Loader can be handy if someone shows broadside suddenly. The trouble is that the range is pretty mediocre. Pretty out of touch with the meta these days. I mean...you have a bad rudder and concealment to begin with, so why don't you fix your rudder so that when you are already in detection range regardless, you have a rudder that actually works? TIER 4 - Advanced Firing Training. The Roon is one big target for AP bombs and limiting that effect is paramount. https://youtu.be/dLjVky6jIFk build at the end, Hindenburg 0.6.0 - The Return Of The DPM-Monster [202k damage] [16:00]. - added The Old Sounds (from WoWs 0.9.5) v.9.6.1 #01 (27-07-2020): - updated clan icons - updated contour icons: Hualala - added 43 ship skins by SEA-Grup v.9.6.1 #00 (21-07-2020): - initial compatibility with WoWs 0.9.6.1 v.9.6.0 #13 (18-07-2020): - added Emblems: Old, Ace Combat, Pin Up, Extinguisher, Flags, Kancolla [#365] Now before you go grab the pitchforks let me explain why, my Roon is build to work in a voice comm coordinated div and that build works very well in the above mentioned Fat Freddie div her usual partners assisting them with a hard push, my role is to keep the damage stream constant not giving you a break in between their salvos and sweeping for DD's the 2ndaries out range the hydro when … Earthglade, July 4, 2018 in General Discussion. I posted this a few days ago, but repeating it here: Priority Target > EM > SI > CE > AFT > BFT > JoAT, Alternatively: Priority Target > EM > BFT > CE > AFT > DE > JoAT. What to do with 19th Point? I currently have a 14 skill captain. You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

Link to post Share on other sites. PT is amazingly useful because it gives you an indication of when to push and when you can unleash your 4 autocannons and also when not to push and when you fall back a bit. I decided to finish off the German cruiser line and I now have a brand spanking new Roon sitting in port. There's no right answer.

Just wanted to pick the brains of experienced Roon captains about their setups and what they feel works best. shells usually coming,   Hindenburg  also has a special Captain good for spotting Torps at long range, both a lot of fun boats. That captain got me through Roon quite well and still serves me well on the Hindy. Thanks to those who made suggestions, appreciate your help. I did at first but after looking at some recommendations I switched to AFT. As I recently bought the mini-hinden, I was wondering on what skills and upgrades I should get.

A bit of a waste. Max_Battle, July 13 in General Discussions.

Press J to jump to the feed.

I went Hydro once I got B hull and was fine with it.

Like i said, i really enjoyed the Roon but it had to give way for the Buffalo. It wrecks anything silly enough to show broadside, like when cruisers swing out there rear to use torps! As usual you can find my recommended build at the end. Dodging ftw at long range. Probably won't PvP in Roon now that I have Hindy.

One skill that really helped me is Expert Loader, 1pt. Guns are life and having your only front one knocked out isn't fun. At tier 8 with no Repair consumable it has allowed me to live longer and cause more damage!

Recommended Posts. Even then, CE should be your first 4 point skill. Next go for EM (2) and something like EL(1).

Do you gain the Repair consumable at Tier 9? btw, I run spotter plane, Jack of all Trades: Probably not the best pic, but I use my consumables a lot and this captain is also used in Clan Battles.

By _Guest_, January 23, 2017 in German Cruisers. Once the basics are covered, you have some options. Just go Adrenaline Rush and push on up the captain skill tree.

As long as you have AR, SI and CE your Roon should be set. You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section. both rudder mods to dodge and reposition easier.

Buff the AA range as far as you can and you will get satisfactory - if not spectacular - results. Buffing AA by BFT and AFT or man AA only if you play often with CV in div and still others (USA) are better in it. I'm also currently in the process of upgrading the Roon. I feel I get more out of the ship this set up. The Roon is one big target for AP bombs and limiting that effect is paramount.

I basically put my Hipper captain on it. For capt, yeah get rid of BFT and get DE. Try it for yourself and decide. PM, AR, SI, CE, FP. But if a silly cruiser shows broadside, I can change quickly before breaking my concealment. What is PM and DCCA for? By Main gun property is changed to HE. 20.7km range and a ~6s rudder shift. Also on T4 i took RPF and CE over AFT/MAAA. I use 1- PT 2- EM AR 3-SI, DE 4 CE for 16 points. Heavily recommended, Superintendent: That extra heal is justification enoughDemolition Expert: The HE is my primary ammunition.

yeah, that build .

You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section. Priority Target > EM > BFT > CE > AFT > DE > JoAT. TIER 2 - Adrenaline Rush. Gunboats. @goldeagle1123My current Hindenburg captain has the following: Priority Target: A handy skill to know if you are being targetet and by how many. PT, EM, BoS, DE, CE are my captain skills.

What have we done to deserve this, Wargaming?

Detect by sea is 11.1, Max firing range is 18.8, I like this. 20.7km range and a ~6s rudder shift. Followers 0. Your gain is not nearly enough to justify the loss of three points. Like punishing a broadside asapDirection Center for Catapult Plane: This serves two purposes. You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section. 30 comments in this topic.

9 comments in this topic ... WoWs - White (Default) WoWs - Classic .

How to make an impact? If not then I would pick PT and BoS to make you that much wiser and tougher. Yeah sure is no fun at all killing stuff with secondaries on CV. Hydro or Def AA? manual 2ndaries, mostly for when he's capt of Tirpitz and Sharn. I also got my Ibuki a couple of days ago and can tell I already prefer the Roon. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the WorldOfWarships community. I didn't need another reason to be tempted into buying Graf Zepplin. Your first recommendation looks good.

My Roon captian has 16 points, PT.

Instead, I use triple rudder, with range increase. I'm planning on taking BFT and Adrenaline Rush, but with the current BB meta I'm considering taking Demo Expert to burn them or Vigilance to spot torps for my BBs at a greater distance. What is PM and DCCA for? I advise heavily against Survivability Expert.

Good stuff. One might be tempted to buff the secondary range, but it's a German CA, you don't really want to … 2 sets of AP bombs can outright kill you.

When firing main gun, increases own Reload by 1% (3.5%) (Can be stacked up to 12 times). Otherwise, I specc'ed it the same. Such a good 2 pointer it's not even funny and great with German Ships that tank.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I feel that the AA becomes reasonably good with +44% range, so I would go for DE, which will improve your fire chances. Now before you go grab the pitchforks let me explain why, my Roon is build to work in a voice comm coordinated div and that build works very well in the above mentioned Fat Freddie div her usual partners assisting them with a hard push, my role is to keep the damage stream constant not giving you a break in between their salvos and sweeping for DD's the 2ndaries out range the hydro when spec'ed reaching 7.6 km and give you 2 more barrels firing straight ahead thus making her more efficient at clearing smokescreen (sometime to the point where we can use it). Meta German cruiser captain skill should really be-in order of acquire priority: Next points depends on personal preference. With the German AP being as good as it is, it'll be worth doing a quick swap instead of shooting HE and then load AP. Without both, you are a sitting duck to a good CV captain (you are the slowest cruiser in tier 9). It was my number one gripe with all German cruisers. Concealment is always useful however increased rudder shift or better acquisition are good choices too.

I am interested in hearing suggestions from what you experienced captains have found running her. Planning to take manual fire aa and expert loader as the last perks, currently at 17 point commander. I can't wait to take the Weser out in Scenarios and kill some bots with the Secondaries. A game about huge boats. The HE isn't bad either. General WoWs Discussion ; Discussions about Warships ; Cruisers ; German Cruisers ; Roon and Hindenburg Captain Skills Sign in to follow this . SLOT 6 - Steering Gears Mod 3.

By

Because you are running DefAA then Vigilance is a solid choice instead of Hyrdo.