1962: As of August 15, 1962, BM1 Bruce Keene was OIC, or Officer-in-Charge (dates of the time he began and ended his tour are not known— he served at least through September 1964.) 1979: MK3 Carl Hatch was a member of the crew. , Portsmouth, PO Box 565 Beautiful lighthouse and grounds with trails available. The current tower was built in 1858. Address: Quoddy Head State Park is located four miles off Maine Route 189 in Lubec on the easternmost point of land in the United States. The lighthouse was beautiful and the whole area was very scenic with nice trails. 1978: Through May 31 the OIC was BM1 Cliffton Scholfield. Sail Rock, Maine, just offshore of West Quoddy Head, Maine – easternmost point in the 50 states, by direction West Quoddy Head , Maine 44°48′55.4″N 66°56′59.2″W  /  44.815389°N 66.949778°W  / 44.815389; -66.949778  ( West Quoddy Head ) – easternmost point on the U.S. PO Box 565 The Park affords some of Maine’s best wildlife-watching. New!! Get quoddy.com coupon codes, discounts and promos including 20% off and 10% off. Most of the peninsula is part of Quoddy Head State Park, and the light station is located near the southern end of its eastern face, A stone sign describes the lighthouse as the "easternmost point in the U.S.A." It is the easternmost building in the United States (a nearby sign proclaims the "easternmost giftshop in the U.S."), but the easternmost point is at rocks extending eastward from the shore. A lighthouse at West Passamaquoddy Head, Maine, was authorized by Congress in 1806. The museum was closed due to Covid, but this is a picturesque setting with stunning views of the bay.. Beautiful lighthouse with spectacular views . The tower is built of brick, and painted in alternating horizontal red and white stripes. ☆ A lighthouse at West Passamaquoddy Head, Maine, was authorized by Congress in 1806. Zip Codes; Jump to a detailed profile, search site with google or try advanced search. Pemaquid Point Light is located in Pemaquid Lighthouse Park. ☆ [5], The light station was added to the National Register of Historic Places as West Quoddy Head Light Station on July 4, 1980. In 1820, Congress authorized the first fog signal at the station, a 500-pound (230 kg) bell, for a cost of $1,000 (equivalent to $18,000 in 2019). Restaurants near West Quoddy Head Light, Lubec on Tripadvisor: Find traveler reviews and candid photos of dining near West Quoddy Head Light in Lubec, Maine. He had a crew of two assistants: MK3 Kenneth Fisher (February-July 1977), MT2 Carl Hatch and FN David Blanding. 90 Quaker Hill Dr. 90 Quaker Hill Dr. Some parts © 2020 Advameg, Inc. Report an error or a problem with this picture. Lubec's Code Enforcement Officer is Gary Rhoades Code Enforcer's Office Hours: Tuesday 8am-2:00pm Email: lubecceo@gmail.com Call for an Appointment 733-2341 FLOOD MAPS Building demolition forms Building-Demolition Notification Driveway_Entrance_Culvert Ordinance & Application Maine Shoreland Zoning Handbook Junkyard_Ordinance Revised Shoreland Zoning Ordinance 2014 Shoreland Zoning … Quoddy Head State Park is located four miles off Maine Route 189 in Lubec on the easternmost point of land in the United States. [6] The present light station includes a tower, former keeper's quarters, service building, and oil house. Find West Quoddy Head, Maine (N 44° 48' 47.2896", W 66° 57' 45.918") on a map. The 3rd order Fresnel lens is the only 3rd order and one of only eight Fresnel lenses still in use on the Maine Coast. Upload your own Lubec, ME photo and show it to the world! That tower is closed to the public. This page was last edited on 16 August 2020, at 14:57. Search businesses by city. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. ☆ The tower is built of brick, and painted in alternating horizontal red and white stripes. On its 532 acres, purchased by the state in 1962, the park features 4.5 miles of hiking trails, extensive forests, two bogs, diverse habitat for rare plants, and the striking, red-and-white striped lighthouse tower of West Quoddy Head Light. Richard Copeland was his assistant. ☆ 1981: As of September 14, the OIC was BM1 John Richardson. , Unity, PO Box 339 Bristol ME 04539 3115 Bristol Road It's adjacent to Quoddy State Park with a 5 minute walk to West Quoddy Light. He had two assistants. Great place to visit for the kids. Use at your own risk. 1978: On June 1, BM2 George Eaton took over as the OIC of the station. The current tower was built in 1858. [8], U.S. National Register of Historic Places, National Register of Historic Places listings in Washington County, Maine, "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: Maine", "Lighthouses of the United States: Eastern Maine", University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, "NRHP nomination for West Quoddy Head Light", Disputed between the United States and Canada, History of the National Register of Historic Places, National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=West_Quoddy_Head_Light&oldid=973312794, Lighthouses on the National Register of Historic Places in Maine, National Register of Historic Places in Washington County, Maine, Articles using NRISref without a reference number, Infobox mapframe without OSM relation ID on Wikidata, Pages using infobox lighthouse with NRHP heritage, Pages using infobox lighthouse with NRHP embedded, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, place listed on the National Register of Historic Places. ☆ Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. This page was last edited on 16 August 2020, at 14:57. Lots of open air. Postal Service issued a 25-cent stamp featuring the West Quoddy Head Light. Commissioned by President Thomas Jefferson, West Quoddy Head Light was first built in 1808. ZIP Codes are a system of postal codes used by the United States Postal Service (USPS) since 1963. Richard Copeland was his assistant. What attractions are near West Quoddy Head Light? 1963: As of October 27, Keene was still OIC and (Engineman?) The lighthouse is beautiful and the views spectacular.