Pass through two open meadows before arriving at the pristine turquoise waters of Twin Lakes. From the farthest lake walk around it clock-wise and head up the boulder field to the ridgeline between the two peaks (the saddle).

© Copyright 2020. Monashee Lake Trail via Monashee Creek Trail is a 13.5 kilometer out and back trail located near North Okanagan E, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. Eagle Pass Mountain and Twin Lakes Trails share the same trailhead. There are also numerous rock cairns and flagging tape along the way where the trail gets a little faint to help you stay on the trail. HikingAddiction is a division of Koingo Software, Inc. Upgrade to "Pro" to remove ads & unlock all trails. I also have a car and live in Kelowna. Don't have an account? If anyone is departing from kelowna I could follow who knowa the way, that would be super helpful. Trail work planned for the Macpherson West Approach Trail! Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Drive for 8.5 km on the Crazy Creek FSR until you reach a Y. Change ).

This trail is in need of some work. Follow this road for another 5 km climbing to the trailhead. Twin Lakes Trail Overview Map PDF. Recent work done to the trailhead access makes it an easy approach. But after the turn to the trailhead at approx 9 km from TCH we decided to park and walk the last 5 km, as our car couldn’t clear the water runoff bars. Description: A great day outing. Twin Lakes - Monashees The kids were off picking stones for a new field at one of our favourite organic farms, the weather forecast was perfect so I headed off to Twin Lakes in the Monashees. A great day outing.

Have a backpacking trip planned there for later thia year so really interested in checking it out first with people who know the area. Great hike- was still quite snowed in and was just there July 9/10. Upgrade to "Pro" to remove ads & unlock all trails ; Sign-Up; Meet Me; Donate; Home; Join; About Who We Are; FAQ. Thanks, Hi everyone,I live in Winfield,I would like to carpool with some people if it possible.Let me know if you want to do so.thanks, You must Login to view trail directions. trail is now closed at the start of Monashee Creek Road. The trail is well marked up to Twin Lakes and down from Monashee Lake.

Haha too funny, looking up this trail again yrs later and read above post…my golf that blew oilpan, that was a long day! Cannot go past 5km. The trail is well marked up to Twin Lakes and down from Monashee Lake. The turnoff was about 3 km past Frank's Store in Cherryville onto the North Forks Road. This is an extra 2.9 km, but well worth the journey. ... which also has an outhouse and the Twin Creek Lakes hiking trail sign. From the parking lot at lat 50 13.069 x long 118 17.930 head east along the trail along the north side of Monashee Creek through a lightly forested meadow to some timber and continue east till you come to a long slide section full of alder and lush forbs and herbs.

After the peak, head down to the next saddle and descent through a smaller boulder field to an open grassy field. Turn left (north) and walk through the meadows to the top! Could possibly either take people in my car or split fuel with someone who has room in their vehicle... a little cautious riding with people due to past experiences though. Twin Lakes Trailhead: N51 03.038 W118 33.782; Twin Lakes Y: N51 03.399 W118 33.294; Twin Pass: N51 03.702 W118 33.493; Upper Twin Lakes Campspot: N51 03.939 W118 33.617; Useful Maps: Backroads Mapbook. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out /  I've also got a TON of dirt-road experience, and it was a slow-going challenge to make it to the trailhead with that car before I got my jeep. Some of the photos were pulled from other trips as the weather was better. Trail starts at 5000 ft, ascends to an alpine pass, then drops back down into the upper lake where you will find a fantastic camp spot.

Turn off your ad blocker to see a map of this trail, St. Leon Hot Springs [CLOSED / PRIVATE PROPERTY], Carl Wylie, Black Prince, Woodland Bell Loop, Silver Star Mountain, Alder Point, and Paradise Trail Ski Route, Monashee Lake Trail via Monashee Creek Trail, Regional District of Central Okanagan, British Columbia. Twin Lakes Trail KML file on Dropbox. Create Free Account. To get to the Twin Lake Trailhead from Lumby, drive 22 km east on Highway 6 and turn left onto North Fork Road. Monashee Lake Trail via Monashee Creek Trail is a 8.4 mile out and back trail located near North Okanagan E, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult.

The Y is well signed for Twin Lakes and Eagle Pass Mountain. the waters of Peters, Margie and Spectrum Lakes are a fisherman's paradise. However, there is no defined trail past the lakes. Equally, if not more beautiful than any trail in Mount Revelstoke National Park, and you are almost guaranteed to have it to yourself. Once reaching the stream, turn left and follow it through the meadows back to the main trail. Coincidentally, another VW Golf made it up to the trailhead ahead of us, but tore open its oil pan on the way back down and will have a hefty tow and repair bill at the end of the day.

4×4 with good clearance is a must to access this trailhead! City of Revelstoke Trails Strategy Open House Jan 23 4:30-6:30 at the Revelstoke Community Centre. Twin Lakes Trail Detail Map PDF. Road is now active logging so closed. Joining Our Group But, I'm not sure how much the trail has changed. The ascent is an additional 330 meters, with a substantially steeper 20% slope.

To avoid snow, we suggest only doing this hike absolutely no earlier than the third week of July. This route is way-finding only and there is no official trail or flagging.

This is a 6 kilometer hike, which takes about one-and-a-half hours. Ideal for a backpacking camping experience for some serious solitude. Glacier Lilies on Twin Lakes Trail. It was a holiday weekend morning so it didn’t take long for some awesome folks to offer us a lift the rest of the way. Equally, if not more beautiful than any trail in Mount Revelstoke National Park, and you are almost guaranteed to have it to yourself. That being said… a recent avalanche on the south side of the pass has taken out the trail in a few spots making the trail hard to see in places. From the parking lot at lat 50 13.069 x long 118 17.930 head east along the trail along the north side of Monashee Creek through a lightly forested meadow to some timber and continue east till you come to a long slide section full of alder and lush forbs and herbs. ( Log Out /  From the lakes, you can scramble up to a couple of summits for endless Monashee Mountain views. This trail is in need of some work. With good routefinding skills, staying on the trail is not a problem. Alternatively you can stay on the main trail at the fork and head to the summit of Eagle Pass Mountain. Sorry- no facebook so can not see if there was a discussion about this there already. ( Log Out /  That being said… a recent avalanche on the south side of the pass has taken out the trail in a few spots making the trail hard to see in places. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Twin Lakes is the easiest of all these hikes and I think this is my fifth trip to this location. Trail starts at 5000 ft, ascends to an alpine pass, then drops back down into the upper lake where you will find a fantastic camp spot. It is not a scramble, and can be easily done by most hikers. Last time I did it in 2011, I could reach it with my 08 Prius. Directions: Follow Hwy 1 west of Revelstoke to the Crazy Creek FSR. The destination as one can tell from the name are the Twin Lakes, however, you can continue on to two peaks for some fantastic view. ( Log Out / 

Monashee Park's beautiful lakes are teeming with Rainbow Trout. It's about 2:15 from Kelowna and a one way hike of 1:45. With good routefinding skills, staying on the trail is not a problem. As you approach the jade coloured lakes nestled between mountains you will be glad you came. This spectacular alpine hike has a moderately challenging ascent that gains 500 meters over roughly 4 km. Still, worth the effort. Still, worth the effort. The Twin Lakes Hike is located in the Monashee Mountains near Cherryville, BC. Bushwhack Approach and Alpine Traverse Routes Summary, Woolsey Creek to Durrand Glacier Chalet Trail, Swan Creek Trail (Fairy Meadow Hut Trail), Mount Macpherson Summit via Macpherson West Approach Trail, North Tilley Lakes via Macpherson West Approach Trail, Mount English South Pass Creek Road Trail, Mount Macpherson to Mount Begbie Traverse, Revelstoke Reservoir ‘Cliff Jumpers’ Trail, Sale Mountain Biking Trail (aka Martha Creek Trail), Bridgland Pass via Tumbledown Creek Bushwhack, South Airport Way Rd High Elev Established, Mount Revelstoke High Elevation Established Trails, Mount Revelstoke High Elevation Traverse Routes, Sale Mountain to Mount Revelstoke Traverse, Glacier High Elevation Established Trails, Glacier Circle via Illecillewaet Neve Traverse Route, Glacier Circle via Spillimacheen Traverse Route, English Lake Provincial Park access via Mount Macpherson West Approach Trail, Mount Griffin Provincial Park access via east approach bushwhack, Arrow Lakes (Shelter Bay) Provincial Park, Monashee Provincial Park access via established trails, Monashee Provincial Park access via bushwhack routes, Monashee Provincial Park established hiking trails, Monashee Provincial Park alpine traverse routes, New www.revelstoketrails.com Facebook page, City of Revelstoke Trails Strategy Documents and Survey.