This sheet is also available on my website so you can inspect just from the smartphone. Most important parts of Tractor Trailer Pre-Trip Inspection are. The buggy pin is in place and buggy pin liver is secure. TRACTOR BODY:-  on driver side has no damages, loose parts. Clearance lights at passenger side are working properly, trailer wall and reflectors have no damages. Convex mirrors are tight and secure. Initially, it may take 50 minutes but you can save time if you follow a tractor-trailer pre-trip inspection systematic inspection sheet. You can sign in to vote the answer. I am checking to see that the straps are not loose and the fuel line does not leak. WHEELS:- have adequate air pressure, tire thread is acceptable, wheel wall has not cuts, no damages, no open cords. License plate – Secure, clean and up to date. There is nothing in between the wheels. If I am swapping trailers, I do a pre-trip on the new trailer as well. I am looking for diagrams of tractor trailer for an pretrip inspection. There is nothing in between the wheels. Brake lights, indicators are working properly, the license plate is secure and license plate light is working properly. This Pre-Trip is done on my truck and trailer. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. As a professional driver, I am responsible for the safe operation of my vehicle. WHEELS:- Have adequate air pressure, tire thread is acceptable, wheel wall has not cuts, no damages, no open cords. Catwalk is secure. Before you go out of the cab, Start vehicle applying clutch, Turn the steering wheel to left, Turn lights, high beam, and flashers on, check dashboard lights and gauges. Total time for the first step is 2 minutes. Landing Gear - I am checking the landing gear of the trailer for secure mounting and missing, damaged, or broken parts. BUMPER AND LICENSE PLATE:- has no damages, it is secure, the license plate is secure and clearly visible. (Undo them to check the grommets.) Driver's door-I am checking to see that the drivers door is not damaged,the outside latch works properly,the hinges are not damaged and are secured to door and truck.I am checking that the door seal is intact(not broken or any part missing). Approach the vehicle from the front, look from top to bottom. Rim has no damage, no rust, the air pressure valve is secure and capped. GOVERNOR CUT OUT: – Governor must cut out minimum at 100psi and maximum at 145psi. If I owned and operated a tractor, I would want to make sure that it’s safe to transport the tractor on its trailer. PRE-TRIP INSPECTION GUIDE TT ii Introduction This is my Pre-Trip Inspection , done my way! Best to follow a systematic sheet, so you do not miss anything. Download Tractor Trailer Pre-Trip Inspection cheat sheet pdf here, Thanks for reading and watching. Brake looks adjusted as slack adjuster knob is within brake adjustment indicator poles. I am checking that the connections are tight and do not show excessive corrosion. Bumper – Secure, not cracked, bent or broken. I am checking that the cell caps are present (If maintenance-free, mention that there are no cell caps required.). When I’m done for the day, and every time I swap trailers, I do a post-trip inspection. I’ve been working on this for a long time and … Every professional driver with a commercial truck or tractor-trailer with a gross weight exceeding 4500kg must do a pre-trip inspection at least once in 24 hours. AIR AND ELECTRICAL CABLE:-  have no breakage, rubbings and no cuts. FUEL TANK:- cap is tight and secure, fuel tank straps are secure, no dents on the fuel tank, and fuel is not dripping to the floor. free printable driver vehicle inspection report form, tractor trailer pre-trip inspection cheat sheet, truck and trailer inspection checklist pdf, A guide to the basic truck and trailer repair efficiency, Some effective ways to reduce GHGs from transportation. Clearance - I am checking that the space between the back of the tractor and front of the trailer is enough so that turns can be made without the tractor or trailer coming into contact. No major leakages underneath, liquid drippings. Pre-Trip Inspection My pre-trip begins as I approach the vehicle. FUEL TANK:- cap is tight and secure, fuel tank straps are secure, no dents on the fuel tank, and fuel is not dripping to the floor. BRAKE:- chambers have no damages, no caging. Cab to Trailer. I will pass him the list so he can go over the trailer before taking it to a mechanic. I am checking the windshield wipers for missing, damaged, or broken parts; that the rubber is good and it is flat against the windshield. LIGHTS FLASHERS:- brake lights working, flashers have no damages and no cracks, license plate light is working, the license plate is secure. I would imagine this would be a similar list for tractor trailers. Also, ask at your local truck driving school, they may have the checklist w/ diagrams available. CDL pre trip inspection of the Tractor part of the 18 wheeler. Share this article with friends. Tire pressure is good (check with a hammer), tire thread is acceptable, wheel wall has not cuts, no damages, no open cords. What’s more dangerous? Home. Hint: Start at the bottom and work your way up. That completes the Cab to Trailer Section, continue to the, (Make the same checks on other mirrors as you pass them. Brake chamber has no damages. EXHAUST:- has no leakages, no cracks, exhaust clamps are tight and secure. I imagine the inspections are performed so that products can be tracked. No need to spend extra time, just focus on the defect you found in the first look. ✅ 9. Listen for cut out sound. Before you hit the road check seat adjustment, seat belt, and driver area once again. And how much more dangerous? Brakes looking adjusted as slack adjuster knob is within brake adjustment indicator poles. Still have questions? If you are studying for your CDL, practice, practice, practice when you get the diagrams. Check license plate, should be there with a valid sticker. The passenger side mirror is securely attached to the body, no cracks, no damages, providing a clear unobstructed view. PRE-TRIP Inspection 7505 Dahlia St. Commerce City, CO 80022 303-227-7841 Engine Compartment +1 Axle Side and Back of Truck +1 Axle Connections and Trailer +1 Axle External Light Check In … What causes the most automobile accident deaths? I am feeding family watching white strips on asphalt, so I have to spare time for tractor-trailer pre-trip inspection. Landing gear assembly and legs are secure. Secure the vehicle and turn it off leaving the ignition on. WHEELS:- Have adequate air pressure, tire thread is acceptable, wheel wall has not cuts, no damages, no open cords. This Pre-Trip is done on my truck and trailer. ✅ 2. Get your answers by asking now. Airbags are secure, no cuts, damages or air leaks. Apply service brakes and put brake holder stick under the steering wheel. FLASHER AND TRACTOR BODY:- right wing has no cracks, flasher working properly. How to become a Truck Driver in Canada - Truck servicez, We will only send you an E-mail, when something exciting is happening with. Battery Box, Foot Step, And Catwalk Secure. Tractor trailer pre-trip inspection cheat sheet. My friend sent me a picture of the floor debris. My glad-hands are secure and seals are adequate. BRAKE CHAMBER:-  has no damages and brake chambers are not caged. WHEELS:- Have adequate air pressure, tire thread is acceptable, wheel wall has not cuts, no damages, no open cords. Adequate Fluid Levels, No Fluid Leakages, Missing Fuel Tank Caps. Will Autonomous Trucks Kill the American Trucker? DOJ alums: Trump reelection could be 'point of no return', Iconic restaurant chain files for bankruptcy, For a closing argument, Trump attacks LeBron, Fox ratchets up parenting spat with estranged husband, Don't know how you caught COVID-19? Tractor Trailer Pre-Trip Inspection is compulsory for every professional driver to safely operate tractor-trailer on roads.