“It was not in their power to save Mr. King,” Harris related. Of course not. Kentucky/Barkley lakes, Tennessee/Kentucky [160,309 acres and 58,000 acres,­ respectively], 13. The second gator — which needed four arrows to finish off — was a near carbon copy of the first, and also stretched the tape to 14-1. A few weeks ago photos of a huge alligator, purportedly in Lake Sam Rayburn, began popping up on social media. 1, I received reports back from a number of guides who said the overflow parking for all the ramps had to be opened,” Hall said. Lake Tohopekaliga, Florida [22,700 acres], 17. You have permission to edit this article. Unregulated market hunting and habitat alteration resulted in near extirpation of the species in Texas by the 1950's. The Sabine Index | P.O. Logan Martin Lake, Alabama [17,000 acres], 94. All Rights Reserved. Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire [20 miles long, 9 miles wide], 77. Photo: John Toliver. Two paramedics from Anahuac were the first to respond. With the area still reeling from the devastation left by the flood of 2015, northwest Louisiana needed some positive news from one of its fisheries and Toledo Bend Reservoir delivered in a big way. Then as now, Chambers is likely the swampiest, “gatoriest” county in Texas. Below, we see one apparently using a red-eared turtle for a chin-rest and another basking close to a trail…. © 2020 Texas Fish & Game Publishing. Former LSU football player preaches hunter safety after accident, Court decision bars California from banning sale of Louisiana alligator products, Piecing together the Gulf Coast’s fishing puzzle. Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota [132,000 acres], 11. “So I just took another crazy dive at him and when I did, I grabbed the arrow again and got him up,” said Rivers, who appeared on Season 5 of Swamp People. Unlike the popular “Swamp People” show on History, they were on the bank close to the waters edge instead of a boat. Link to post Share on other sites. That changed on Friday, and it happened in nearby Orange during the early morning hours. “That sucker’s not going to break, and that’s what I usually tie to,” he said. Ugly encounters are inevitable. Stonewall Jackson Lake, West Virginia [2,630 acres], 84. The 9th Annual Toledo Bend Classic was hosted last Saturday and Sunday at the Toledo Bend Reservoir, which borders Texas and Louisiana, and is … We report on vital issues from politics to education and are the indispensable authority on the Texas scene, covering everything from music to cultural events with insightful recommendations. Consistently a premier stop for ardent and recreational anglers alike, Toledo Bend Reservoir is about to get catapulted into the stratosphere when “Bassmaster” Magazine announces on Thursday the fishery has been selected the No. Bull Shoals Lake, Arkansas [45,150 acres], 45. “Early in my career it was known to produce big numbers of bass, but it has turned into the premier bass fishing lake in the country, and it’s exciting to see,” said Hackney, the 2014 Toyota Bassmaster Angler of the Year. Pickwick Lake, Alabama/Mississippi/Tennessee [43,100 acres], 37. Rainy Lake, Minnesota [360 square miles], 19. Despite the ubiquitous signs warning against getting to close to alligators and explaining the potential dangers of messing with these big lizards, many of the folks who saw gators in the park’s waters or hauled out on the bank treated them as if they were in some zoo. “On instinct, I just bailed right on top of him. Unlike the popular “Swamp People” show on History, they were on the bank close to the waters edge instead of a boat. “When we figured out what was going on, the alligator jerked Kaleb away from him. And if you’re thinking this is all just about hanging a chunk of chicken under a tree and getting lucky with a big gator, Rivers puts a lot of effort into scouting, setting his lines and creating just the right mix of bait to lure true trophy gators into biting. The incident was caught on camera by several people and audience members can be heard screaming in horror. Lake Wateree, South Carolina [13,700 acres], 97. Keep up with her work and what's buzzing in San Antonio @MaddySkye. “I actually thought we lost a good gator. St. Johns River, Florida [310 miles long], 57. West Okoboji Lake, Iowa [3,847 acres], 68. Father and son were Life Flighted to a Houston hospital, where they were listed as in serious condition but expected to recover. That’s why Hackney and other pros love it when they see Toledo Bend show up on their Elite Series schedule for the next season. Can they erupt into action faster than a rat-trap? Toledo Bend Reservoir Report post; Posted August 18, 2009. P.O. Chickamauga Lake, Tennessee [36,240 acres], 43. 1 since our inaugural list. All of them made it to the shoreline and family members called 911.