", "The Helen Reddy story and the song that inspired a revolution", 'Love, Weddings and Other Disasters' Trailer, 'The Opening Act' Interviews with Jimmy O. Yang & Steve Byrne. One or two of the managers remembers Harry, but he hadn't been checked into their hotels in months. The Priest's Wife. If you get the chance to see it - do! ... Phineas and Ferb The Movie Candace Against the Universe "Get ready for a mission that's out of this world!" And with regard to Harry's personal life, "it won't be a question of which woman he'll go back to, but rather which woman will take him back." The Bigamist on the Web:IMDb. Harry Graham leads a double life and is caught out when he and his wife Eve apply to adopt a baby. Producer/Screenwriter Collier Young was married to Fontaine at the time and had previously been married to Lupino. Back home, he tried again, planning a vacation for the two of them; but she dismissed the idea, noting that she was pleased with the state of their marriage. A man secretly married to two women feels the pressure of his deceit. I'm Thinking of Ending Things. When Felton is found dead, Gwynn is the prime suspect. He was overjoyed to find that this time Eve was fully receptive. They live in San Francisco but in fact, Harry has a second wife Phyllis and a baby living in Los Angeles. Despite the provocative title (and the fact that it only barely passed muster with the Production Code censors as it was), The Bigamist is … Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. I'm Thinking of Ending Things. Harry and Eve Graham are trying to adopt a baby. I am glad to see she did not make Eve, as a working woman, the reason for Harry’s double life. Via flashbacks, Harry tells the adoption agent how he ended up in two marriages. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. | View production, box office, & company info. Harry looks curiously at Jordan, something that worries Jordan. Certificate: Passed The fact of him being involved with both women is easy enough to believe, but what is harder to swallow is the fact that he refuses to choose between them or to tell either one what is going on. The Bigamist is the shocking true story of how one man manipulated an intelligent, independe The woman on the other end of the line told her that Will Jordan, Mary's husband and the father of her two younger children, had been married to her for fourteen years and they had five children together. The receptionist calls around to all the hotels, but none of them have a Harry Graham registered. I came across this movie included on a DVD bringing together three strangely-assorted films under the title Leading Ladies of the Silver Screen. I’d definitely like to see more of the movies she directed, though I had slightly mixed feelings at times about this one. Harry looks curiously at Jordan, something that worries Jordan. When 2 detectives steal $80,000 from a dead robber, one of them suffers from a guilty conscience which could lead to murder. It was the only time she directed and starred in the same movie. I came across this movie included on a DVD bringing together three strangely-assorted films under the title Leading Ladies of the Silver Screen. In its own way, this is almost as tense and suspenseful as The Hitch-Hiker. Upon returning home, Harry was resolved to rededicate himself to his marriage, starting with planning to hire someone else to handle the L.A. business so that Harry would no longer have to be away from Eve. As a footnote, I see that the BFI is bringing out a book by Amelie Hastie about the movie in April in the UK (February in the US), which would be interesting to read if I manage to get hold of it, and probably show me a lot that I’ve missed in thinking over this melodrama. The film ends with Harry awaiting his sentencing hearing. Kitty Foyle, subtitled The Natural History of a Woman, is a 1940 film starring Ginger Rogers, Dennis Morgan, and James Craig, which is based on Christopher Morley's 1939 bestseller also titled Kitty Foyle.Ginger Rogers won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of Kitty Foyle, and the dress she wore in the film became a new dress style, known as a Kitty Foyle dress I found the film compelling to watch, but with jolting changes of pace and tone at times, as well as intrusive music to signal key moments coming up. He soon discovers Harry has done an unusual amount of traveling from his home in San Francisco to Los Angeles. He soon discovers Harry has done an unusual amount of traveling from his home in San Francisco to Los Angeles. Directed and starring English-American actress, singer, director and producer Ida Lupino, The Bigamist is raised from mere melodrama to a delicate portrayal of one man and his two marriages because of its components in characterisation. With Raymond Burr, Barbara Hale, William Hopper, William Talman. I’ve seen several films recently which, while they don’t exactly justify murder, seem to try to make it understandable, and show how an apparently sympathetic character could be driven to kill. Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Showtimes & Tickets In Theaters Coming Soon Coming Soon Movie News India Movie … A couple who have been married for 8 years, and can not have children, wish to adopt one. The Bigamist Daniel Bubbeo . Tennis prodigy Florence Farley is torn between romance and her mother's ambitions. The judge notes that once Harry has served his sentence, he'll be legally obligated to support both women. They talked and spent time together but parted with Harry not expecting to see her again. He soon discovers Harry has done an unusual amount of traveling from his home in San Francisco to Los Angeles. Looking for something to watch? He loves Eve but she seemed to be more interested in their family run business and they had grown apart over the years. [2] The film received rave reviews at the time of release, with Howard Thompson of The New York Times calling it "Filmakers' best offering, to date". The Encyclopedia of Film Noir considers The Bigamist to be "unusually ambiguous" for the period. Three months later, with Eve still away, Harry had no choice but to return to L.A. to tend to the business interests there. The head of the agency senses Harry is keeping a secret and does some investigating. Menu. I was interested to see that she seems prepared to bring up her baby as a single mother before Harry suddenly returns and offers marriage. When Jordan is about to call the police, Harry tells him how he got into the situation. Harry and Eve live in San Francisco and are co-owners of a business, with Harry traveling to Los Angeles frequently for work. He planned to call Eve, confess his infidelity, and ask for a divorce, but then came the news of her father's death. A true pioneer. The Bigamist (1953) Plot Summary (3) A man secretly married to two women feels the pressure of his deceit.