A true taste of Taos- authentic charm, a few rough edges but spotless. It is not a cushy resort with fancy decor. Great property and location! We try to match the stewardship required of this building to the warmth and care we hope to be able to share with our guests. Intimate and quiet in the am, increasing in activity, and hustle bustle in the afternoon, and jammed at night by everyone enjoying free music every night. Book signing for new release by Taos resident M. Elwell Romancito, “Ghosts & Haunted Places of Taos,” at Hotel La Fonda.

The young son of the Embert family shot and killed a young woman who was rumored to be the father's mistress.

I have stayed several times and you never quite know what your room will be like but I have always been pleased.

I can't wait to go back. All I can say is that the Shrimp Enchilada, Beef Tacos & Rio Grande IPA are to Die for. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. An unidentified ghost of a man in a black suit haunts the backstage area and a certain table in this historic building. Ask diverdownfbh about The Historic Taos Inn. I ate alone while I got some work done and felt happy in the company of the lobby crowd. The Historic Taos Inn: Haunted or not ?

This business uses tools provided by Tripadvisor (or one of its official Review Collection Partners) to encourage and collect guest reviews, including this one. Local artwork changes periodically. 79.2 miles from Taos, NM.

The old Salvador Armijo House is now a hotel named "Casa Esencia". The walls were adobe and the windows tiny -covered by lovey shutters. Staff and diners have reported lights turning on and off of their own accord, the apparition of a cowboy and a ghostly presence that brushes past them in the ... Rumoured to be a former hospital, a long dead patient allegedly still roams the halls after dark. The ranch was built for the 'Pony Express' in the mid 1800's. In fact this is the spot for people watching year round. It was spotless and had an old New Mexico sensibility that you simply can't find in a newer hotel-no matter how many kachina dolls they decorate with.

Read more » 0.

It is rumored that in the 70's a wife discovered her husband was having an affair so she followed him to the hotel, killed him and his mistress and then herself in the bathroom. Ghostly noises, scratching sounds and screaming can all be heard at the Park Inn. Black mists are said to rise from the site and horrible feelings of oppression were claimed to be felt at this abandoned asylum. Ghosts and Haunted Places of Taos (English Edition) eBook: M. Elwell Romancito: Amazon.de: Kindle-Shop The Historic Taos Inn is full of sentimental history and a thriving musical venue which is the setting for an upbeat local crowd and welcoming environment for folks like us passing through for a few days. Place been here for ever and lots of history and their Hotel is connected to the restaurant . We try to match the stewardship required of this building to the warmth and care we hope to be able to share with our guests. History aside, The Inn remains Taos’ central gathering place and hosts live music throughout the year. Witnesses have heard the sound of a woman ... Reported to be haunted by a handful of ghosts including Ramon or "the man in black" who is alleged to have been shot at the saloon. Bandelier National Monument preserves the land and homes of the Ancestral Pueblo People who lived from 1150 to 1600 CE. Apparently it's haunted just because everyone says it's haunted.

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. The brick building is also believed to be haunted by a hovering cloud, which has been observed making its way between rooms before disappearing into the inoperable elevator shaft. Cold spots, voices being heard (in a motel, no way! The bathroom was clean but could use an update. Rumored to be a "gateway to Hell", the place is said to have once had several cat totems distributed around. It is not a cushy resort with fancy decor. The Historic Saloon at Laguna Vista Lodge dates back to 1898, and was frequented by the crew working on the movie Lonesome Dove. Where the property falls a tiny bit short on finishes, it makes up with fantastic customer service and comps to nice gym facility and yoga studio. This town appears on every single ghost website around.

I have worked here on graveyard shift for a little over 3 years and have heard many stories. Considering every university has the rumor of the girl who hanged herself, it should probably be placed in the "dubious" file. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. Christopher S, General Manager at The Historic Taos Inn, responded to this review. After the ... People have reported feeling uneasy while inside this rural town hall, which was formerly a private residence. The Taos Inn is a good reflection of the town-authentic, interesting and a bit unconventional. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. The Historic Taos Inn is full of sentimental history and a thriving musical venue which is the setting for an upbeat local crowd and welcoming environment for folks like us passing through for a few days. Intimate and quiet in the am, increasing in activity, and hustle bustle in the afternoon, and jammed at night by everyone enjoying free music every night.