My mother and father are British (supposedly he’s my real father) My mothers family are all from Wales at least her mother is half and my grandfather and great grandfather is. One is Norwegian, with all great-grandparents from Norway. part may be reproduced without the written permission. #4 You like picturesque towns and spectacular scenery. The Vikings were an incredibly adept seafaring people. The team's analysis also found that genetically Pictish people 'became' Vikings without genetically mixing with Scandinavians. Thank you for taking your time to send in your valued opinion to Science X editors. My maternal grandparents were from Finland so my Finnish DNA is 61%. "We discovered that a Viking raiding party expedition included close family members as we discovered four brothers in one boat burial in Estonia who died the same day. Maybe. They are directly descended from the royal line of kings. ( Log Out /  Genealogy tips and discoveries from genealogist Liane Jensen. My Heritage describes a very small amount as Inuit and the map is similar to that of Ancestry. This provided ample opportunity for Scandinavian DNA to expand along with the empire. There have been multiple publications that have looked … Hans Christian Anderson called Copenhagen home, and the city’s emblem is a mermaid who was turned to sea foam when she lost her true love. Between the Vikings’ raids and settlements, expanding political borders, immigration and trade, it is fairly easy to imagine how Scandinavian DNA made its way around the continent. Since the new AncestryDNA test is able to tap into over 700,000 locations in your DNA it gives you a broader, more vivid image of who your ancestors were. They said MacAuley's slave ancestor was taken by ship to the Hebrides and had an affair with his owner's wife, thereby intruding DNA into the MacAulay line. It’s not that they don’t like you, it’s just that they don’t need you. Required fields are marked *. I get that there was a migration, but how does 55% from 1600-1700s travel down to me when all I find are people born in the Netherlands back 8+ generations? You can read this post to learn more about centimorgans and using them to determine a relationship: https://whoareyoumadeof.com/blog/2018/02/21/beginners-guide-shared-centimorgans/. or, by University of Cambridge. Hi, nice article, thanks. For 1099 cMs, it gives a 98% probability of a half-niece for that number. Read more on the story here: http://ancstry.me/NMR3qz, Got Scandinavian? But my results Came up 42.2% british 32.1% Scandinavian 19.5% irish, scottish and welsh 6.0% Italian.

The average height in Sweden is 175.5cm, which is the same height as your average model. Could some of your ancestors be slaves from Great Britain?