AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT vs. Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super: Which Budget Graphics Card Should You Buy? This does technically make it the cheaper of the two options, but not in a way that anyone can guarantee, outside of the trust you have between yourself and a random person selling GPUs on the internet. Very partial to JRPGs and the fetching of quests. The pricing of today is different from where we were in 2018, thanks to a little thing called "Super." Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super vs. Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: Which 4K Gaming Card to Buy? Another immediately obvious difference among these three cards is their cooling style. The two RTX 2080 cards use a pair of on-card connectors, a six-pin and an eight-pin, to sip off your power supply (PSU). But until the launch of the RTX 3080, it was the only option you'd find sitting at Nvidia's recommended MSRP of $699. I was particularly impressed by how it handled Shadow Of The Tomb Raider’s tough SMAA x4 anti-aliasing setting. Now, as you'll see later in our benchmarks, that increase in raw core counts doesn't always translate 1:1 into performance, but there's a reason for that. The only game where I found myself getting bottlenecked by my CPU at this resolution was in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. As we'll see in the benchmarks a bit later, there are some caveats to that claim, but the RTX 3080 is nonetheless a gigantic leap ahead. PCMag, PCMag.com and PC Magazine are among the federally registered trademarks of Ziff Davis, LLC and may not be used by third parties without explicit permission. With all that in mind, then, let’s get down to those tasty bar charts. More about that when we have an opportunity to test these new Ampere cards on a PCIe 4.0 testbed, but we saw no signs that the RTX 3080 was hamstrung by our cutting-edge Intel 10th Generation Core i9-based testbed, which supports only 3.0. As for the ordinary ports, both Founders Edition cards get you one HDMI output and three DisplayPorts, The only difference there is that the RTX 2000 series cards use HDMI 2.0 as opposed to the HDMI 2.1 in the RTX 3080. Overview The GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB is a High-End Graphics Card based on the Turing Architecture. For starters, the basic specs are worth comparing... You'll notice that we have actually three cards up there, not two. All three cards ran at their default, out of the box clock speeds, so they should be fairly representative of their respective card categories. For a full comparison of the RTX 3080 versus a dozen "Turing," Nvidia "Pascal," and AMD Radeon "Navi" and "Vega" cards, see our full review of the GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition. Previously, he worked as a freelancer for Gadget Review and Digital Trends, spending his time there wading through seas of hardware at every turn. It comes down to something known as FP32 and INT32 cores, short for floating-point and integer cores, which are used differently depending on the game. She's also RPS' resident deals herald. Nvidia RTX 3070 review: RTX 2080 Ti owners look away now! The RTX 3080 is supposed to run games well not just at 4K but with RTX and DLSS. So yes, the RTX 3080 and its new Ampere GPU architecture represent quite the leap over the RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Super, all for the same kind of price to boot. ® © 2020. On ports and connectivity, this is the only area where the RTX 2080 Super might have an advantage in gamer's minds. There are plenty of GPUs that can do that for a fraction of the price of these high-end behemoths, such as the excellent AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT, and you shouldn’t be spending upwards of £650 / $700 on a 1080p graphics card. Nvidia’s new GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card delivers 1440p PC gaming at a more affordable price point. Turns out this speedup was possible because the two cards weren't even based on the same die. AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT vs. Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super: Which Graphics Card to Buy for 1440p Gaming? That's because unlike the RTX 3080 cut its VirtualLink port (a variety of USB Type-C port that was meant to be used as a single-cable connection for VR headsets) at the same time it added support for HDMI 2.1. How to Free Up Space on Your iPhone or iPad, How to Save Money on Your Cell Phone Bill, How to Find Free Tools to Optimize Your Small Business, How to Get Started With Project Management, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition Review, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition Review, our full review of the GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition. The RTX 2080 Super can still connect to...Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 via a single-cable solution so...yeah. Nvidia have also increased the TDP (or thermal design power) of the RTX 3080 to 320W this time, compared to the RTX 2080’s 215W TDP and RTX 2080 Super’s 250W TDP. Indeed, the RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Super still struggle to hit 60fps on High in a lot of games at 4K, and are really only fit for playing older titles, such as The Witcher III on these high-end settings, or well-optimised games such as Forza Horizon 4 (which I’ve removed from the table since they’ve already hit the all-important 60fps mark). Best Warzone loadout for Season 6, Nvidia's flagship RTX cards go head to head. Likewise, when the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super was released, it came in below the MSRP of the original Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Founders Edition. That was Nvidia's new move in 2019 with its previous-generation "Turing" card line; the company started issuing upticked "RTX Super" versions of its three key RTX cards that upped their performance. Just how much did all those changes from the RTX 2080, to the RTX 2080 Super, to the RTX 3080 actually mean once we put them all through their paces? To test the RTX 3080 and its 2080 siblings, I paired them with my Intel Core i5-8600K CPU and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LED RAM and put them head to head in my general games benchmarking suite, taking an average frame rate from either their own built-in benchmark tools or from my own repeated manual gameplay tests. Related: RTX 3080 Aftermarket Card Comparison List: 20+ Models Compared, Best Graphics Cards for Ryzen 9 3900X Builds, Best Graphics Cards for Intel Core i9-9900K Builds, 4 Best TRX40 Motherboards for Threadripper 3960X & 3970X, RTX 3080 Aftermarket Card List – 20 AIB Models Compared, Best Memory (RAM) for Intel 10th Gen ‘Comet Lake’ CPUs (i3/i5/i7/i9), Best GTX 1660 Super Aftermarket Cards for 2020. The games includes Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Final Fantasy XV, Monster Hunter: World, The Witcher III, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Metro Exodus and Forza Horizon 4. There is no situation here where the RTX 3080 doesn't come out the other end of a benchmark looking like a substantially better value than any card that Nvidia has released before it.