Voir plus de contenu de Read Theory sur Facebook Support Us; Sign up. Useful if not exciting adaptive tool for assessing reading ability. I passed my test in my first attempt. Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences in the point of view they represent. OR. Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text. (This information is shown to teacher users after they have entered their students into a class.) It is gamified, but the badges didn't have any draw for my 9th graders. Giving me a totally different email to mine and a password from them which is all automated. Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas. Analyze a complex set of ideas or sequence of events and explain how specific individuals, ideas, or events interact and develop over the course of the text. In addition, teacher users can click the “Printer” icon to access reading passages and questions by grade level that they can download. I recently bought the carbon theory soap and it has been revolutionary. By the end of grade 11, read and comprehend literary nonfiction in the grades 11–CCR text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range. Does not meet our recommendations for privacy and security practices. Only the latest review will count in the company's TrustScore. With prompting and support, identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text. Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently. Read Theory is a website designed to assess users’ reading ability by lexile score. With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text. Unfortunately, lessons aren't provided on ReadTheory, but teachers can check out an associated site for those materials. However, if they answer incorrectly, Read Theory will provide them an explanation regarding the correct answer before they continue to the next question. Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text in which the rhetoric is particularly effective, analyzing how style and content contribute to the power, persuasiveness or beauty of the text. Teacher users can click the “Pencil” icon to toggle on and off written questions. Read Theory is a website designed to assess users’ reading ability by lexile score. Beyond the assessments, teachers may find it helpful to plan conferencing conversations and future targeted instruction around the valuable data provided in ReadTheory's progress reports. Categories My Reviews My Settings Install App Help Log out Log in Sign up Install App For companies Overview Reviews About Flag Theory Reviews 1 • Average . Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words in order to address a question or solve a problem. Student users can complete those quizzes. Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text. Behavioral or targeted advertising is not displayed. Privacy ratings are created by Common Sense expert evaluators and are independent from our "Common Sense says" age-based reviews. Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts. Teach Middle Schoolers About Social Media with Fun Online Sim, Free Distance Learning Templates for Teachers and Families, 7 Tips for Remote Family-Teacher Conferences, Quick Digital Citizenship Activities for K–5 Distance Learning. With prompting and support, describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text. Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings. This time I’m preparing my exam from theory test pass. The app works well. There seems to be a problem with the login page and so , what's really annoying, you cannot get to speak with anyone and all I want to do is, login and can't. ReadTheory is a K-12 online reading comprehension program that assesses reading ability and builds reading comprehension by providing texts for students to read at a "just right" level. Identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic (e.g., in illustrations, descriptions, or procedures). Analyze the structure an author uses to organize a text, including how the major sections contribute to the whole and to the development of the ideas. and its Implication to the Teaching of Reading. English Language Arts, College & Career Prep. I’m crossing my fingers I’ll pass there test soon ^^, Best customer service, great staff and excellent study stuff, Excellent application to help with theory test, Well worth the money. I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT THIS PROGRAM WAS SO GOOD TO USE. Then it is simple: Read the passage, take a quiz, and see answers and explanations for answers after finished with the quiz. With prompting and support, read informational texts appropriately complex for grade 1. ReadTheory tracks student performance on Explicit and Implicit questions as well as Vocabulary questions. So, is readtheory.org safe? Sign up now. Analyze a case in which two or more texts provide conflicting information on the same topic and identify where the texts disagree on matters of fact or interpretation. Continue reading about this tool's privacy practices, including data collection, sharing, and security. Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s). All rights reserved. Learn about the benefits of TeachersFirst free membership. Identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book. Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain. Share. Teacher users can then manually enter students’ first and last names and they can click the “Add Row” button to continue enrolling students. Visit www.ReadTheoryWorkbooks.com to browse our vast inventory today! Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers. Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words or phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area. Student users will then complete a pre-test to gauge their reading level. Log in. Great data but groanworthy busy work for students, Quizzes can be repetitive. Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text. Families, educators, and policymakers turn to Common Sense for unbiased information and trusted advice to help them learn how to harness the positive power of media and technology for all kids. It’s an easy-to-use app and full of all the help you need to be able to pass your theory test! It is an easy way to get a glimpse at what they are struggling with.