A rabbit will have unobstructed airways. Are they sneezing? A blocked up nose can be extremely distressing and lead to rapid health decline in rabbits. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. What Point(s) of Departure Would I Need for Space Colonization to Become a Common Reality by 2020? My rabbit is breathing very fast. A) Rabbits respiration should be 30 to 60 breaths per minute, B) Rabbits heart rate should be 130 to 160 beats per minute, C) Rabbits temperature should be from 103.5 – 107F. What can I do to help my rabbit breathe more easily? By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Just run your hands under water and stroke his ears. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Remove white line in painted multirow tabular. Why Is My Rabbit Breathing Fast? No one can surely be seen from where rabbit sudden breathing get faster, but based on some facts here are common causes you must know including. How to do a simple calculation on VASP code? My rabbit is breathing very fast. They are also easily frightened, which could explain the fast breathing. hay, grass or bedding. Operating through a UK-wide network of 48 Pet Hospitals, PDSA provides low cost and free veterinary care to the sick and injured pets of people in need and promotes responsible pet ownership, Registered charity nos. A mucky nose (or mucky front paws/legs from cleaning). The picture of the lungs indicated the whole nature of the problem from tumors, fluids, or inflammation. Any of these symptoms could indicate a problem with their lungs or airways. They may put more effort into breathing than usual meaning you see their abdomen move when they breathe. Weather here is so much hot, about 92 °F. Some might even think this is due to a hot day. Breathing issues in rabbits tend to be serious because: A normal, healthy rabbit should take 30-60 breaths per minute (when calm). Overheating can definitely cause fast breathing. Breathing problems in rabbits can be very serious and left untreated, can be fatal. There are many ways you can help your rabbit who is breathing faster with effective and guaranteed methods. Please help me, it's urgent! Infections, an allergy, passive smoking, heart disease and tumours are all conditions that cause breathing problems in rabbits. A frozen bottle of water (2-liter soda bottle works well) is less messy than ice cubes or packs. Required fields are marked *, © Copyright 2020, Whyrabbits.com All Rights Reserved, Allergies and irritation from dust, insects, or inhaling pollen, Edema and swelling in the upper respiratory system, Inflammation of the palate or throat in the voice, Just pay attention to congested noises while breathing, change its appetite and pay attention to he eats or not, Not cleaned cage (it can lead to a high level of ammonia), To find out a rabbit’s respiration breathing, temperature, and pulse rate when he is in a healthy condition. Is my rabbit potentially sick and I need to see a vet? How is it possible that a