Entertainment Weekly is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Do you know what’s going on with him or is it also a mystery to you?Well, I have ideas and I have sort of my journal, but I think the best part of it is for that kind of mindset, he’s always torn all the time. ", He's abusive — physically and emotionally — to his girlfriend, Maddy. He literally towers over everyone, giving him the sense and appearance of being above everyone else. I didn’t really do anything else. However, we're not here to talk about them. All rights reserved. 3. I don’t know. It was really, really gnarly, but it came at the end of my shooting period. While we don't have a psychiatrist's assessment as to whether Euphoria's Nate Jacobs is a certified psychopath or not, Entertainment Weekly's Clarkisha Kent argues that he is the most horrifying and realistic villain on television. Rue, a friend of Jules' who feels bad that Jules is hurting. I truly don’t have any qualms about which direction it goes. He wants to control her because he can. That’s a different show isn’t it? I don’t know why that is because I’ve seen other sorts of TV villains get tortured online and get called awful things and I’ve heard that they’ve been spat at in the street. I got a concussion. How did you prepare to play someone so toxic?I was an intense, dark, tortured teen [laughs]. I had the same questions when I got to work. He manipulates his girlfriend into taking him back time and time again — he'll guilt her into staying with him or buy her presents to make up for his actions; he manipulated Tyler into taking the fall for choking Maddy when HE was the one who did that; and he blackmailed (more on that in a bit) Jules into lying to the police, saying she witnessed Tyler choke Maddy. She thought he was a boy named Tyler (ShyGuy118), who she started developing real feelings for. There’s really no other way to explain it. Maddy, his girlfriend who he is abusing. I have a magazine cover for Wonderland and you can see the cuts on my arm. Sure, Voldemort and Cersei are villains in the abstract. Entertainment Weekly may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. But I think for me, definitely the breakdown scene, because, I mean, before I started the show so sort of when I made my first movie, one of my qualms was like, “Oh, man, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to do an American accent.” I knew I could do one but my fear was that I would just forget and be stupid.