This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Freya is attested to in the myths as benevolent and approachable: she readily answers the prayers of her worshipers, particularly in all matters of the heart and fertility.

It was inspired by a model presented by Diana Paxson in her book “Essential Ásatrú.” It differs from my usual method as this is in prose form rather than poetic verse.

You inspire me to make peace among my enemies. by

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:05 am.

But, this is the internet and I can do my own thing.

In Norse mythology, Freyja (/ ˈ f r eɪ ə /; Old Norse for "(the) Lady") is a goddess associated with love, beauty, fertility, sex, war, gold, and seiðr.Freyja is the owner of the necklace Brísingamen, rides a chariot pulled by two cats, is accompanied by the boar Hildisvíni, and possesses a cloak of falcon feathers. You are the envy of all the Gods, the treasure of the nine sacred worlds.

Hail FreyR, God of the World, Lord of Alfheim, the one who wooed Gerðr and makes the land fruitful, You who brings frith and wealth to our folk, I bid you come swiftly to my aid, I ask that you bless this house, keep it safe, and bring joy and peace to its walls. May my hospitality be true And help me act in frith.

You can use wine (especially a rosé) as an offering. Help me to bring beauty Into my own deeds and all that I make.

Help me to make peace among my enemies.

( Log Out / 

Proudly created with Wix.com. Poems: My Own Hail to the Lady of passion, “Freyr, god of the harvest, fertility, and abundance, You who bless the crops and bring needed wealth, Master of Alfheim and lord of the elves, I ask you to bless my endeavors with fertility

Shining One, Giver of Wealth and Bringer of Frith, I make this offering to you in thanks for your gifts and in honor of your glory. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account.

There are people who simply choose to think about Her for that day, others who hold devotional practice for Her, and others who like the posts and tweets but don’t say what they do. By Seidhr rune-wise and true as words from your tongue.

Poems: By others Freya, mighty and magnificent, So the Freya Prayer Day was born. to burn through the pale shadows of our lives of our own creative fire. A proud sexual appetite is something many consider one of her attributes.

Terms of Hail, FreyR, God of the World and Lord of the Swedes. For if I am battle-slain in truth May my actions be worthy of your choosing.

Teach me to walk through my day with pride in my own being, with confidence, with power. Very interested.

On the 2nd Friday of every month, we invite people to join us being aware of Freya in some way. ( Log Out / 

Bringer of luck,

Prayer to Freyja. I have an intrest in studying the Norse gods and goddesses, as I am only familiar with Greek and Roman patheons.

Need to be prepared for it. Aesir and Vanir: Two Divine Tribes Freya's Family Freya's Lovers Other Norse Gods and Goddesses Working With Freya: Rituals, Prayers, Spells Myths of Freya .

by Notify me of follow-up comments by email.

You can use whatever ritual you would like. Be careful, the gods do not like being disturbed at trifles.

Or choose from the Bible's Psalms, such as 50 and 145, or Albert Schweitzer's prayer asking God to watch over his creatures.

She is famous in the lore for appreciating romantic poetry and song. And war-maiden’s shield. Hail to the Lady of steel.