The prompt will be related to one of three issues: Which could contain issues related to public health, medicine, nutrition, fitness, prevention, treatments, therapies, medications, drugs, attitudes. Important Notice to Candidates: The PCAT is administered in a computer-based test (CBT) format. Evolution Writers. These are areas of discussion frequently found on radio programs such as those airing on NPR, or in news magazines such as TIME. For example, “Nelson Mandela” is better than “a politician,” and “the civil war in Syria” is better than “current wars.” On this exam, specificity is more favorable than generality! I always thought that online writing services are scammers who paraphrase other people's papers from the Internet. It’s possible to write a great essay and still score poorly because of the number of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. As long as you make an attempt, you cannot receive lower than a 1.0. At first, I was worried about the result, as I had never ordered an essay before, but the writer returned my essay a day before the deadline. Meaning of the response is clear. Good luck!! Though some people may doubt its efficacy, resulting from __________, their assessment is shortsighted based on the evidence of ___________. The writer makes very few, if any, mistakes in sentence formation, usage, and mechanics, and no errors are serious enough to interfere with the overall flow of the response or with its meaning. In your essay, you must demonstrate that you understand the problem described in the prompt, and then you must describe a possible solution. one of our experienced Academic Managers! New norms: Beginning with the July 2016 PCAT administrations, all percentile ranks reported on Official Score Reports and Official Transcripts are based on a new norm group: all candidates taking the PCAT for the first time from July 2011 through January 2015. For example, if the problem is that too many people are dying in car accidents while texting, then you could recommend that the police adopt a harsher system for ticketing those people caught holding their phones while driving. Haphazard organization and redundancies in the essay. Email: scoring.services@pearson.com. This is what can be called professionalism. If you leave the essay blank, you will be given a 0, or invalid score. Quantitative Reasoning: At least half of the items in this subtest involve a practical scenario or situation and pose a quantitative problem that must be solved. For example, perhaps if people knew that the landfills were detrimentally impacting the earth, they would be motivated to recycle. Essays are scored as 0 if left blank, or if written in a language other than English. Reponse not convincing. You can learn more about the scoring rubric for this section beginning on page 2 of this document: http://pcatweb.info/downloads/Faculty/Interpreting_PCAT_Scores.pdf. If you are under the age of 18, complete the following steps to begin the registration process: PCAT Customer Relations will contact you within three business days to initiate your registration during normal PCAT hours of operation (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT). Your essay will be scored twice, once by a trained scorer and once by Pearson’s Intelligent Essay Assessor TM. The pcat score and style. Ineffective presentation and irrelevant solution. All you need to do is fill in the blanks with the prompt’s problem, your chosen solutions, and your specific examples. Also, 50% of the items in this subtest involve a practical scenario or situation and pose a quantitative problem that must be solved. We want you to enjoy the cooperation, so we are ready to hear any feedback. Clear paragraphs, appropriate organization and planning, as well as a smooth “flow” to your essay will help you earn a 6.0! Be sure to use examples to support your position. The PCAT exam consists of 192 multiple choice questions and 1 essay question. It also checks for spelling and grammar errors. Cash refunds are not available. Welcome to PCAT Practice Test, a free test prep website for the Pharmacy College Admission Test. Order our online help and get a brilliant paper you can use as an example. The Writing section of the PCAT is scored 1-6, with 6 as the highest. Our experts are used to handling all types of essays, term papers, and article reviews. You can also receive a 0 if you write the essay about something other than the prompt or in a language other than English. Your essay must be typed. You could propose a change in leadership as a possible solution. Solution not clear and support weak. I received praise from my professor. http://pcatweb.info/downloads/Faculty/Interpreting_PCAT_Scores.pdf, Free Pharmacy-Themed Valentine’s Day Cards, 8 Considerations When Choosing a Pharmacy School. This is the best experience of my life. Critical Reading: 40% of items in this subtest (formerly called Reading Comprehension) include items that require the interpretation, analysis, and evaluation of passages with humanities or social science content. Writing: This subtest is scored through a process that includes both trained scorers and Pearson’s Intelligent Essay Assessor™. Alternative solutions as well as good examples are presented. The PCAT Secrets Study Guide includes comprehensive reviews of specific content areas, practice tests, secrets to success on the PCAT, test taking tips, suggestions on overcoming test anxiety, guidelines for writing a top-notch essay, and a PCAT Quick …