We did around 40 songs. Rather than offer caucasian audiences lyrical signposts to what they’re thinking, Balvin and Bunny make you come to them, with only a shared sense of explosive, downright experimental musicality and almost brutally propulsive rhythm. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Proceed to checkout ({qq} items) {$$$.$$}.

Balvin has peeled away layers of reggaeton’s usual misogyny for a sound as compassionate and vulnerable as it is passionate. Both artists revisit the concept on “Cuidao Por Ahí,” where Bunny works food metaphors, Balvin compares sex to collaborating on songs, and both make promises about what happens when their pants come off. I told him it’s something I haven’t heard from him before — something that he should keep on doing. Sky: Bunny brought that in.

Separately, J Balvin and Bad Bunny — respectively, Colombia’s global ambassador of reggaeton and Puerto Rico’s leader of Latin trap — have remade the future of Caribbean culture and Spanish-language hip-hop in their image and, more importantly their heritage. Tainy: That was one of the beats that Benito brought.

Then Balvin and his team flew me down to Miami. He was doing this track with only the ukuleles and some minor percussion. Those were the elements my brother and I were thinking about when we focused on creating that crossover African stroke. They listened to the tracks.

It has that classic reggaeton feel. Tainy: Sky heard it and was like, “Yo, I have a chorus for that.” So I was like, “Ok, I’ll keep working on it.”. After that I made four or five more beats. Months later, I got a call that Bad Bunny had hopped on “Estamos Arriba” with Myke Towers. Then there’s “Odio,” their ode to spite sex, where Bunny makes romance an evil, incendiary topic. For the retro-nodding “MOJAITA,” their divergent flirty techniques merge into a gratifying mix that highlights the individuality of their personal and popular appeals. For Balvin and Bunny to put that record on there shows where the world is at. Reviewed in the United States on December 30, 2019. So I raised the key of the song. I swear to God I thought it was too intense for people that are not from Nigeria. I get like, ‘Oh shit — is he gonna like it, is he not gonna like it?’ I showed the idea to Tainy; Tainy liked it. [Balvin and I] toured together with Michael Brun.

In the beginning, we didn’t have the trumpet.

Everybody agreed that this was the opening track for this project. Bunny is the next logical step in this progression, a SoundCloud Latin trap upstart turned certified heavy hitter whose discography, just a few years in, is already a wellspring of airtight hooks and alternatingly clever, thoughtful, and crude observations about sex and relationships.
It’s a fusion for [different] generations. As if being two of the biggest and busiest artists working today wasn’t enough to make an album-length team-up between J Balvin and Bad Bunny a tricky project to pull off, there’s also the difference in the stars’ lifestyles. There is life in the vocals but the rest of the music sounds dulled. Biden’s Eminem Ad Reminds You About That ‘One Opportunity’ You’ve Got Tomorrow. I come from a city [Medellín] where rock is very popular. I played him some stuff, and this is one of the ones he was feeling. Style: Reggaeton. Read Next: Theater Stars Urge Fans to ‘Bring Back Broadway’ by Voting Blue, Puscifer’s ‘Existential Reckoning’ Has Tool’s Maynard James Keenan Dropping an October Surprise: Album Review, Verzuz Co-Founder Swizz Beatz’s New Obsession: Camel Racing (EXCLUSIVE), Ariana Grande’s New Album: Everything We Know So Far, Harrison Ford Remembers His ‘Indiana Jones’ Dad Sean Connery, Eddie Hassell, Actor in ‘The Kids Are All Right’ and ‘Surface,’ Dies at 30 After Being Shot, ‘Jeopardy’ GOATs Return in New ABC Primetime Game Show ‘The Chase’, Sophia Loren on Her Triumphant Return to Movies With Netflix’s ‘The Life Ahead’, COVID-19 Brutalizes AMC Theatres Quarterly Earnings, Losses Top $900 Million, Eminem Licenses 'Lose Yourself' for Biden-Harris Campaign Ad, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill Team With The Lincoln Project for Anti-Trump Videos, Eddie Vedder on 'The Howard Stern Show': 6 Things We Learned, ‘Let Him Go’ Review: Diane Lane and Kevin Costner Head Up a Floridly Gripping Thriller, Johnny Depp Loses Libel Case Over Amber Heard Allegations, Shirley MacLaine's Secret to Her Longevity: 'I'm Not a Diva', Ellen Pompeo on Whether This Is the Show’s Final Season, It’s Back to the Future for These ’70s Retro Homes, Harrison Ford, Mike Bloomberg Praise Joe Biden’s ‘Empathy’ in Zoom Chat, After 60 Years, the Berkeley Bandit Returns as an EV Made Partly of Plant-Based Materials, WWE Replaces Arena Merchandise Loss With E-Commerce Gains Amid Rebound, Soothe Your Body and Mind with the 19 Best CBD Oil Products. That shows me the song was still fresh.

Reggaeton, salsa, they all have their roots in Africa. I kept wondering how he was gonna do it without Bad Bunny there but, I was so pleasantly surprised. It was kind of a joke in the studio. Dos artistas de primera, buen disco si te gusta este estilo musical. Nominees will now be announced in February. I love him even more now. That was from the days of “Si Tu Novio Te Deja Sola,” the first featuring Balvin and Bunny. Bad Bunny kills in his verses with references to Puerto Rican culture while J Balvin creates melodious hooks that make for an effective 1 2 punch. Tainy: I worked a bit on the production of the drums. Quick view Quick view. We were like, “Shit — we need another concept, another sound, another route for this.” This was in like, May.