I know that nursing is a field that provides opportunities to having a high income with not a lot of time of learning, coaching and training compared to other fields, such as teaching or engineering. Powered by Career Corner. According to Johnson (2015), in his article “Why Good Nurses Leave the Profession”, there are various reasons why nurses leave the bedside and eventually the Nursing profession. Focus on Both Career Discovery & Career Development. The continuous short staffing of nurses drives them from the bedside and eventually drives them from the profession. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median yearly pay for registered nurses nationwide in 2016 was $68,450, meaning half of the RNs made more than that amount, and half earned less.RNs who work for national, state or local government employers are the highest paid, with a median salary of $73,980, while nurses who work in state, local and private hospitals earn $70,590. We will send an essay sample to you in 2 Hours. I have already taken the steps to make sure the one-year commitment to the Vocational Nursing Program can be fulfilled. The profession requires a lot of hard work. They do a job of many people which is very stressful resulting them to leave the profession. I want to become a professional nurse; therefore, I am ready to continue my education. Your why do I want to be a nurse essay must impress your evaluators and make them realize that you have the potential to become a great nurse. Others have become nurses because they are satisfied with the pay and benefits for nursing services. Wholistic Counseling Approach. (2011). Besides, my volunteer work has given me an opportunity to develop good communication skills, which are crucial in nursing profession. As such, many victims tend to appreciate the underlying treatment prescribed by doctors to reduce its effects. Nurses have always been portrayed as professionals dedicated to caring and curing. I realize that my education will continue for over the next 10 years. Minoritynurse.com. Nurses should be involved in the profession stands the test of time through ages. Gaurav Bhosle. Introduction to Topic Nurses play a vital role within the health care system due to their brilliant ability in taking care of patients.
Therefore, Nurses should be appreciated by the management and their role recognized. 2020 © PapersOwl.com - All rights reserved.

The movie  shows that type 1 diabetes is insulin-related and when the [...], According to the article, research has demonstrated a broad range of factors that influence the risk of diabetes which is an epidemic problem in the U.S. especially among immigrants. To me, being a nurse is far more than a job or even a career. There are many reasons why I want to be a nurse. when the management does not actively engage the well-educated nurses in developing the health facility strategies and policies, leads them to have a negative attitude towards the management team. Some women and girls have become nurses because they highly value their job aimed at making a difference every day. Most of these nurses are dissatisfied with their salaries. One of the major reason is poor management. Poor management always lead to job dissatisfaction. You can use it as a starting point for free. We can create an original paper just for you! Taking into consideration my knowledge about nursing as a profession, I place emphasis on three major reasons why I want to be a nurse, including personal development, good pay and benefits, and social recognition. Firstly, money concerns and constraints. Based on study, participants discussed [...]. It requires one to have an advanced higher degree to advance from the bedside tasks. The process of patient care is a complex one. Medical professionals such as nurses work day and night to protect the dignity of each other. Keeping in mind that the nurses deal with life and death situations, sustenance of human life as well as providing care and guidance for patients with chronic illness. They tend to compare themselves with their friends working in other industries who have received promotions and salary increase. Thus, the reasons why I want to be a nurse are comprehensive. 50+ Parameters - Deepest & Broadest Career Report, Experts with 15+ Years in Corporate & 1000+ Hours of Mentoring Record, Focus on Both Career Discovery & Career Development, Stream/Subject Selection Assessment (8th-10th), Engineering Branch Selection Assessment (Online Test). The lesser the nurses the better the quality of care leading to decreased turnover. The first reason why I want to be a nurse is that nursing is a unique profession as it provides massive opportunities for personal development. Short staffing is a disadvantage to the nurses because they have to pick up the slack of other nurses.
There are also many women and girls who have become professional nurses because they want to help their ill relatives to get rid of various diseases. From a discussion with nurses ,the writer demonstrates that many nurses who are dissatisfied with their jobs are choosing to leave the client care or the entire profession.

The third reason why I want to be a nurse is that nursing ensures social recognition. The burnout the nurse’s experience makes them leave the nursing profession as they feel they cannot do the bedside nursing forever.The article adds that nurses who are overworked are underpaid. The Nursing career is demanding. However, reducing the nurse to patient ratio is advantageous to the management.