Here are some real life examples we’ve compiled from Facebook and Twitter that show how Muslim’s use this word in everyday conversation. It is a phrase that Muslims often use in conversation, especially when thanking God for blessings. The Quran says, ‘”Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer, we will surely cause him to live a good life, and we will surely give them their reward [in the hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.”, Helping another person is a sign of a true Muslim. Glorified is my Lord, the Great, and by His praise. Example #3: Al Hamdulillah Brother, Be proud May Allah Bless You! The Quran says, “And remember when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]. All very respectable qualities. This is a powerful Arabic word which translates to mean “All praise is due to Allah”. May Allah help us in strengthening our imaan and guide us to straight path. The meaning of Alhamdulillah is ‘All the praises and thanks be to ALLAH’. Alhamdulillah may be a statement of gratitude to God for any gift, whether it be simply the gift of life or the gift of success, health, or strength. It is also commonly used by non-Muslim speakers of the Arabic language. The more I silently whisper, Alhamdulillah for Islam. Mother-In-Law, The Mother of your spouse, The woman married to you fil (Father-In-Law). "Alhamdulillah," also spelled "al-Hamdi Lil lah" and "al-hamdulillah," is pronounced "al-HAM-doo-LI-lah" and means "Praise be to Allah," or God. Every pain has a purpose. Putting this together we get “All Praise To Allah” or “Praise and thanks be to Allah”. It is frequently used by Muslims of every background, due to its centrality to the texts of the Quran and Hadith—the words of the Islamic prophet Muhammad—and its meaning and in-depth explanation have been the subject of much exegesis. Alhamdulillah (Arabic: ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ‎, al-Ḥamdu lillāh) is an Arabic phrase meaning "praise be to God", sometimes translated as "thank God". Glorified is my Lord, the Most High, and by His praise. Now, what power you need from this phrase? Alhamdulillah (also referred to as tahmid which means praising). As in English, the article is used here to single out the noun as being the only one of its kind, "the God" (the one and only) or "God". Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum Bi Rahmatika Astagheeth Meaning, Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel Dua Meaning. Also express your thanks to Allah for saving you from calamity. The most common reason would be for dhikr meaning short prayer to remember and thank Allah. The word Allāh (Arabic: ٱللَّٰه‎) means "The God", and it is a contraction of the definite article al- and the word ʾilāh (Arabic: إِلَٰه‎, "god, deity"). for another Day. There are many different situations that saying alhamdulillah would be acceptable. The name is derived from military.It was one of the first top-level domains, created in January 1985. 'Praising')[2] or Hamdalah (Arabic: حَمْدَلَة‎). Early 19th century; earliest use found in Edward Daniel Clarke (1769–1822), antiquary and mineralogist. The phrase is first found in the second verse of the first sura of the Qur'an (Al-Fatiha). I got an A in chemistry!". Nothing can happen without the will of Allah, sometimes our ego starts to control us and we begin to believe in our supremacy. Anas bin Malik wrote that Muhammad said: "God is pleased with his slave who says, al-ḥamdu li-llāh when he takes a morsel of food and drinks a draught of water. Huda is an educator, school administrator, and author who has more than two decades of experience researching and writing about Islam online. There are four possible English translations of Alhamdulillah, all of them very similar: The Islamic phrase "alhamdulillah" can be used in several different ways. Alhamdulillah may be used in prayer. And you both can say “Alhamdulillah.” The Quran says: “As for those who believed and did righteous deeds, for them will be the Gardens of Refuge, as accommodation for what they used to do.”, Treat others with respect, dignity, and equality. Example #5: The more I see of the world. All praise is due to God, Lord of all the worlds. I thank Allah for his blessings which he has filled me with. Alhamdulillah (Arabic: ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ‎, al-Ḥamdu lillāh) is an Arabic phrase meaning "praise be to God", sometimes translated as "thank God". It is a phrase that Muslims often use in conversation, especially when thanking God for blessings. But if you deny, indeed, my punishment is severe. Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakatuh, >"Allah has ninety-nine Names, one-hundred less one; and he who memorized them all by heart will enter Paradise. Example #7: I’m very lucky that despite having no mentor whatsoever, the collective guidance of my family and close colleagues fills that void. A longer variant of the phrase is al-ḥamdu l-illāhi rabbi l-ʿālamīn (ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ رَبِّ ٱلْعَالَمِينَ), meaning "all praise is due to God, Lord of all the worlds". ‘Al-hamdu lillah (all praise and gratitude belong to Allah)’ fills the scales, and ‘subhan-Allah (how far is Allah from every imperfection) and ‘Al-hamdulillah (all praise and gratitude belong to Allah)’ fill that which is between heaven and earth.”, Grade: Sahih (Al-Albani) English reference: Book 40, Hadith 927 Arabic reference: Book 1, Hadith 927. Alhamdulillah can sub-divided into three parts, Al, Hamdu, and Li-llah. 'Praising') or Hamdalah (Arabic: حَمْدَلَة‎). hamdu, which literal means “praise” li-llah, preposition + noun Allah. As a Muslim, reciting this word is an integral part of our deen; both the Quran and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (saws) teach us to say this word daily. When things go right, the only thing Allah asks in return is your gratitude. This is a powerful Arabic word which translates to mean “All praise is due to Allah”. Hadith on Importance of Remembering Allah: Abu Malik Al-Ash’ari (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Purity is half of iman (faith). Very grateful. Saying Alhamdulillah when someone sneezes: Abu Salih reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “When one of you sneezes, he should say, ‘Praise be to Allah.’ When he says, ‘Praise be to Allah, ‘ his brother or companion should say to him [Yarhamuk-Allah], ‘May Allah have mercy on you.’ Then let the person who sneezed say [Yahdikum-ullah wa yuslihu balakum], ‘May Allah guide you and put your affairs in order.'”. That same "heavy duty sheet" would not be strong enough to line a land fill. A six mil reinforced film can be considered "heavy duty" when it is used to cover a desk to keep it clear of dust. Whenever we find ourselves waiting, instead of escaping the present moment through our phones we could say silently to ourselves subhanallah, alhamdulillah and allahu akbar repeatedly. Just know the core intention behind this; Praising ALLAH for whatever you have. We also hear al hamdulillah ala kulli hal, which means : Praise be to Allah in all circumstances. From Arabic al-ḥamdu li-llāh, lit. A Mosque in the area of Medina, possibly: This page was last edited on 24 September 2020, at 02:16. Example #1: Make dua you find a spouse who completely understands you and supports your every decision every day of your lives together, because trust me it’s priceless. Here are four ways to use alhamdulillah in thanking Allah: Say “Alhamdulillah” after blessings and hardships. Whenever we pray salah (daily prayer) we begin with the recitation of “Alhamdulillahi Rabbil ‘aalameen” which is the beginning of Suratul Fatiha and means [All] praise is [due] to Allah, Lord of the worlds. Example #4: Everything is slowly piecing together, alhamdulillah. "[citation needed], سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ ٱلْعَظِيمِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ, سُبْحَٰنَ رَبِّيَ ٱلْعَظِيمِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ, سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ ٱلْأَعْلَىٰ وَبِحَمْدِهِ, سُبْحَٰنَ رَبِّيَ ٱلْأَعْلَىٰ وَبِحَمْدِهِ, AlHamdulillah - Detailed Explanation from Tafseer Ibn Katheer - Surah Fatiha, Everyday duas in Arabic with transliteration and translation, ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul-Muttalib ibn Hashim, Current Ummah of Islam (Ummah of Muhammad), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alhamdulillah&oldid=980007515, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles with unsourced statements from June 2018, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Saying Alhamdulillah is more than just a word, it’s a philosophy. English translations of alhamdulillah include: Various Islamic phrases include the Tahmid, most commonly: Jabir ibn Abd-Allah wrote in a hadith that Muhammad, said: "The best remembrance of God is to repeat lā ʾilāha ʾillā llāh and the best prayer (du'a) is al-ḥamdu li-llāh." For example: "Alhamdulillah! But I’ve recently identified my mentor, told them that’s how I see them; and they put in the time when I ask, Hamdulillah! If left unchecked our egos become inflated and we can become boastful and prideful forgetting about the role Allah has played by giving us the chance, opportunity, and timing which all factor into our success.