Cook is of Irish, German and English descent. [11] He received his first guitar, a Fender Stratocaster, at the age of 13. Likewise, his third album- Digital Vein also became famous among his fans. [67] Before the performance, Cook confirmed to Shirley Halperin of the Hollywood Reporter that he was without a recording contract, having departed from RCA, and was self-releasing "The Last Song I'll Write for You". He has been in one celebrity relationship averaging less than one year. He had been collaborating with Raine Maida and Chantal Kreviazuk, Matt Squire, Gregg Wattenberg, John Rzeznik, Sam Hollander and Dave Katz, Claude Kelly, Brian Howes, David Hodges, Tommy Henriksen, Steven Van Zandt, Kevin Griffin, Zac Maloy, Ryan Tedder, Jim Irvin, Jamie Jamie Houston, Ryan Star & Julian Emery and Max Martin. ", "Gavin DeGraw and David Cook Announce Co-Headlining Fall Tour", "Interview: David Cook Discusses Hitting the Road with This Loud Morning", "David Cook to Perform on 'American Idol' May 10 (Exclusive)", "David Cook – "The Last Song I'll Write For You" (VIDEO) *He's No Longer With RCA! Likewise, Davis is active in the social site like Instagram, Twitter. At Blue Springs South High School, he performed in musicals, including The Music Man, West Side Story, and Singin' in the Rain. [26] Members of that band Andy Skib and Neal Tiemann later became part of David Cook's post-Idol band The Anthemic. On April 7, 2016, he returned one last time, performing a David Bowie medley in tribute with fellow winners Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze, Phillip Phillips, and Nick Fradiani. Kris Allen Bio, Net Worth, Married, Girlfriend and Family, Charli Baltimore Bio, Age, Net Worth and Daughter, Stacy Lattisaw Family, Marriage, Husband, Children, Salary & Net Worth, Jeremy McKinnon Family, Siblings, Married, Wedding, Children & Net Worth, Lindsay Ell Bio, Family, Relationship, Boyfriend, Salary & Net Worth, Darci Lynne Farmer Bio, Family, Siblings, Net Worth & Relationship, Carina Round Bio, Family, Marriage, Husband, Children & Net Worth, Katelyn Jae Bio, Husband, Marriage, Children & Net Worth, Ingrid Michaelson Bio, Family, Relationship, Husband & Net Worth, Trinidad James Bio, Family, Parents, Relationship, Girlfriend & Net Worth, Syreeta Wright Family, Marriage, Husband, Children & Net Worth. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Michael Rowland Height, Bio, Net Worth, Partner, Wife, Children. [56][57] Besides that, he also collaborated with members of his band, The Anthemic – Neal Tiemann and Andy Skib. [74][75] In this tour, Daniel Damico replaced Andy Skib and Devin Bronson as the lead guitarist and keyboardist, drummer Adam Reidelbach replaced Nick Adams, and Andy Wildrick replaced Monty Anderson as the bass guitarist. In May 2008, Cook asked Season 2 American Idol alum and TV Guide Network correspondent Kimberly Caldwell for a dinner date while on the red carpet before the show's seventh-season finale. Cook then sang "The Time of My Life", the winning song of the 2008 American Idol Songwriter's Competition. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. A rep for the singer would not comment but insiders say it's a longtime girlfriend. In an interview with XL 106.7, Cook revealed that both Kimberly and Cook were “Still Seeing each other”. On May 20, 2009, Cook performed "Permanent" during the finale of eighth season in honor of his late brother Adam, where proceeds from the live single went to Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure (ABC2). [25] He was the bassist for their EP Incoherent With Desire to Move On. [58] He had hoped initially that a single would be ready for release in April 2010 and the album that summer. [33][34][35] Cook's arrangements of "Happy Together", "Hello", "Little Sparrow", "Always Be My Baby", "All I Really Need Is You", "Baba O'Riley", "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", "Dream Big" and "The World I Know" were original arrangements. He returned to later USO tours in 2014 and 2016. 1.80m and weighs around 79 kg i.e. All rights reserved.Billboard is part of MRC Media and Info, a division of MRC. ", Cook appeared at the 2008 Glamour magazine Women of the Year Awards as a guest of Mary Steenburgen to surprise honoree Hillary Clinton, a fan of American Idol. [52], Cook began to concentrate working on this his second album after his first major tour, The Declaration Tour, concluded in December 2009. He … [62] He has also stated that at the beginning his goal was to make an album that "really, really pushed the concept of dynamic". ", "Week Ending May 25, 2008: David Vs. David, The Showdown Moves to the Charts", "David Cook Makes The Cover Of The World Almanac 2009", "Interview with Andy Skib of To Have Heroes / MWK / David Cook Band", "David Cook Promises "Twists, Turns" On Debut CD", "David Cook joined us to talk about "Stand Up To Cancer" CD", "First Single Title Announced – "Light On, "In the Studio With 'American Idol' Alum David Cook! He recorded and self-released a solo album Analog Heart in 2006. [77], An EP, Chromance, was released on February 16, 2018. He was also an avid baseball player (pitcher) during high school and once gave up a home run to Albert Pujols in an American Legion Baseball game. Read More: Kris Allen Bio, Net Worth, Married, Girlfriend and Family. Celebrities such as David Cook never have admitted they are homosexual, this is because they are definitely not gay or because they are and do not want to go public. [71] On March 24, 2015, Cook signed a publishing deal with Warner/Chappell Music. Cook also made numerous returns to American Idol. "Criminals" was the first official single from the album released on July 31, 2015. Prior to Idol he released an independent album entitled Analog Heart. During a radio interview with XL 106.7 on October 13, 2008, Cook revealed that he and Caldwell were "still seeing each other." [79] Cook returned to Kinky Boots for a second limited run starting July 17 to September 9, 2018. David Cook was born on December 20, 1982, in Houston, Texas, the U.S to parents Beth Foraker and Stanley Cook. See you out there in February!!!! The band was initially named Red Eye, later changed to Axium. On the second song in Hollywood, he sang "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. 35. [2], Cook was born in Houston, Texas, and raised in Blue Springs, Missouri. In 2009, Cook performed songs from his debut album for the troops during a USO tour, where he was able to visit seven bases. David Cook’s Height and Weight. [20][21] He was encouraged by Evan Sula-Goff of 8stops7 to make an album when he went to Cook's school to judge a contest, Mr. Jaguar, where David Cook and his band performed Guns N' Roses' "Paradise City". [40], Cook also signed an endorsement deal with Skechers that ran through December 2009. Most notable was his record shattering feat of having 11 songs debut on the Hot 100 that week, beating the previous record set by Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) in 2006 when she had six songs debut on the chart.