I have seen others struggling with the same thing on a youtube video. You need to do this because Discord‘s Go Live feature is designed to stream games to a small group, but it doesn’t know the difference between games and any other program. Thank you so much dude, been needing a replacement for rabb.it. But suppose you want to do something other than play a game live. Join 350,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles. Read next: Before you can use Discord’s Go Live feature, the first step you need to take is to join a server. Sure, Discord isn’t exactly the best program for either of those activities, but it’s ubiquitous and it’s relatively simple. Ever since Discord released the new streaming feature, I was curious if you can stream videos and other things. Short version is that I set Discord's call audio device to one of them and then I can use the mixer to control which output(s) it goes to (three physical, two virtual), and that lets me use an audio recorder (I use Audacity) to record from a virtual channel, so I can basically redirect my Discord call audio to both my headset and an audio recorder/editor for later. With the introduction of the most talked-about Netflix Party plug-in, you can watch the same Netflix shows with your friends together. In diesem Artikel stellen wir eine Methode vor, die sich schnell und einfach einrichten lässt. So when you go live with a movie, you can basically stream video and audio to your audience. There are some things that you need to make sure before you can stream the movies on Discord, you need to own a Discord Server or at least be a part of a sever. There are some things that you need to make sure before you can stream the movies on Discord, you need to own a Discord Server or at least be a part of a sever. Here’s how to set up your stream with just a few clicks. Choose from the available server templates or create your own. in Basics. If you added your movie watching program, it’ll appear as a small tile at the bottom of your screen, above the “voice connected” indicator. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Well, we got you covered! Currently we have listen together for Spotify, I believe watch together can be done too, just a way to watch videos (including YouTube) together, without Screenshare as it's kinda laggy for the others. Movie night using Discord streaming Ever since Discord released the new streaming feature, I was curious if you can stream videos and other things. Luckily, you can bypass this limitation using Discord. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. With this feature, I think it will be really fun to watch some cool movies with friends. It’s simple to use, and quite useful for sharing other, non-gaming things like movies or shows. Thus, you and your friends would not see and hear each other while watching a show. You’ll need to use the desktop or Chrome browser client to watch Discord streams. If you are on Windows and your Discord is updated, go under Game Activity in the settings and select Google Chrome. First, open Discord and enter the server where you want to stream, then open the game you want to stream. If the game you want to stream isn’t automatically giving you access to the “Go Live” icon, you can add the game manually. You will determine whether you have successfully connected when you see a green sign at the bottom saying Voice Connected. Further, if you need help to screen share, you can refer our guide on how to screen share on discord for step by step instructions. How to Install Third-Party App Stores on Android, How to Hide Most Used Apps in the Start Menu on Windows 10, 10 Great iPhone Home Screen Widgets to Get You Started, Your Keyboard’s Media Keys Work in All Modern Web Browsers, © 2020 LifeSavvy Media. TNW uses cookies to personalize content and ads to Although Discord was initially developed for gamers and the like, users can now take advantage of its sleek interface and highly functional features to stream their favorite movies and Netflix shows. This the “Go Live” button. Select either the “Applications” or “Screens” tabs, and click one of the options you can scroll through. I do this with my friends every weekend, to stream from google chrome/mozilla/opera, you need to go to settings, add game and you add your browser there. Good old Discord actually provides a way for you to watch movies with ... you can basically stream video and audio to ... join a voice chat room in your Discord. A tech expert and has huge industry experience. We do also share that information with third parties for Step 2: Scroll down and find Gaming Activity and click on it. Select your game, then go back to your server and click the “Go Live” button as above. How to Stream Movies and Shows on Discord. Moreover, it has decent video and audio quality when streaming. Next, join a voice chat room in your Discord. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. It is also accessible and easy to set up. It also gives you more options than just text and voice chat, which I recommend taking advantage of in order to alleviate isolation. Here’s how to use it. Google confirms an employee in India tested positive for coronavirus. Streaming it much the same as streaming a game, but it can be just about anything you can do in a web browser. To watch their Discord stream, hover your mouse over their name and click “Join Stream”. Discord today announced that the limit for Go Live viewers has gone from the relatively modest 10 viewers up to 50. Unlike Zoom and Facebook, people can take advantage of this feature on their devices. In the Go Live menu, select “Change” if Discord didn’t automatically recognize the game you want to stream. From here, you’ll see a drop-down menu. This step is relatively easy because all you need is to click on your preferred Voice Channel on the available list. Um den System-Ton von dem Desktop über Programme wie Discord abspielen zu lassen, gibt es verschiedene Möglichkeiten. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Are you facing the Magisk SafetyNet Failed Issue and struggling to resolve it with the latest update by Google? Discord is a great program if you’re trying to keep in touch with online friends — and in recent days that’s become more important than ever. There will be a button near where you would disconnect from a voice channel that will ask you if you want to go live.