", “Here’s [Kyle] Wellwood, seven-and-oh in the faceoffs, plus-two, two assists, played 20 minutes, drew eight minutes on the power play, lost a tooth and a pint of blood. Dave 'Killer' Carlson: Coach, I want that hundred dollars. Enough is enough. Makes me cry the good tears and drunk dial old teammates.". Johnny Upton: They're f***in' horrible-lookin'. Directed by George Roy Hill. Let 'em know you're there! One game. Reggie Dunlop: You're right, he's bullshit. My other car is a Zamboni. Reggie Dunlop: You cheap son of a bitch. Jesus, if she underlines the f*** scenes for ya, she must worship the ground you walk on. Not this... bunch of... pussies. It is one of the most repeated, considering nearly every NHL arena has “time to get the crowd riled up” montages and this scene is a staple for those such endeavors. Shes just scrappin' Hey, how does Braden treat her? Take a one-handed bowler, add in an Amish farm boy and a sexy con artist, and you get box-office gold. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be”, “When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one in the back”, “You don’t have to be crazy to be goalie, but it helps”, “It’s going to be great. Feel these nipples!" Jack Hanson: Nah, I am in the middle... Steve's 20 and Jeff's 18. The sad part is, Sly Stallone talks like this even when he's not beaten to a bloody pulp. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be” Best motivational hockey quote ever “When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one in the back” Bernard “Bernie” Parent “You don’t have to be crazy to be goalie, but it helps” That's what you've earned here tonight. That makes it a worthy No. Most of the hockey-movie library is comedy driven, though one of the best sports films of any genre is a puck-filled drama (Miracle). And he says lots of times, you don't even run down the court, and that you don't really try, except during the playoffs.". I don't agree with much he says, but this is as close as he's been to right-on to date. The Hansons: [in unison] Dave's a killer! "You can't learn karate by washing cars!". It’s beautifully shot, beautifully written and perfectly executed. Lily Braden: What's the story on that dog? A catch phrase or epilepsy?". The peanut vendors are standing up to them! The sad part is, I've used this line on people and they don't get it. From an interview Dennis Hull, aka "The Silver Jet," did with Brian McFarlane: "[My] brother Bobby [Hull] was in Montreal one time and he met a hooker on the street. Except you, Turkleton. Now go out there and take it.”. Are you crazy? They come here tonight... to scout the Chiefs... the toughest team in the Federal League. White men can't jump. And who's coming toward them but the hooker he talked to earlier. Save me with your witchcraft and put the fire out! you know you've got a magical movie on your hands. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. You're garbage for letting us all go down the drain. There have also been some fun and colorful gentlemen that have shared some fun moments from the booth with hockey fans everywhere. Get that f***in' stick in their side. Bobby walks right by pretending he doesn't see her when the hooker shouts back at him, 'See what you get for 10 bucks!'". Ned Braden: They teach you how to underline in college. One of the greatest joys about movies are the quotes, and sports movies are no exception. Am I right? Ned Braden: Now, they give you one phone call. [looks directly to the Hansons] Show us what you got! And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. Roy responding to Jeremy Roenick talking trash. Shes just scrappin' Hey, how does Braden treat her? Reggie Dunlop: Lard ass Bartley Donnellson,You all saw what happened. One such standby is the opposing team’s evil coach, and Jack Reilly might be the best of all time. From the best hockey movies of all time, here are the classic lines from The Mighty Ducks, Mystery Alaska, Goon and more. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. —Mark Messier before Game 6 of the conference finals in 1994. I'm just plain miserable before every game. Short Funny Movie Quotes You Will Never Forget “If I’m not back in five minutes, just wait longer.” Ace Ventura: Pet Detective; Walter Sobchak: “Shut the f*ck up, Donnie!” The Big Lebowski; Melvin: “Sell crazy someplace else. The film, which grossed $41.2 million, became an instant classic for '90s kids. “ Hockey's a funny game. The invention of the morning skate. Funny guy, that Basho. Charlie Conway: Goldberg, you're the goalie. The invention of the trap. How DARE you! Peterboro Referee: Got my eye on the three of you. “I play hockey and I fornicate, because those are the two most fun things to do in cold weather.”. They think mind bottling is a real phrase. ", "Good luck to you, Peter. Ned Braden: That's what I said, isn't it? Because dirty little bastard was taken. Put some lumber in their teeth, let 'em know you're there! Johhny Upton: Yes I am, Joe, and you know why? LETTERKENNY HOCKEY QUOTES . Great support from Strother Martin, Paul Dooley, and the rest. This quote transcends the sports film genre and has entered into the mainstream lexicon more than any other one-liner, quote or phrase on this list. Reggie Dunlop: . They ended up beating what was supposed to be the best team in the world by a score of 4-3. ", "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? One of the more poignant moments of Eight Men Out. Becoming a good hockey player takes motivation, dedication and work ethic. Cubic acres of good, fresh air have been wasted debating the top sports movie lines of all time. Jim Carr: And from Mile 40, Saskatchewan, where he now runs a donut shop, number 10, former penalty-minute record holder for the years 1960 to 1968 inclusive, Gilmore Tuttle. 1. If you don't get chills during this scene, you might want to have your nervous system checked out. You'd think they didn't have a care in the world. They spent their own dough to get here, and they came here to see us! Gary Bettman. You have to prove yourself every shift, every game. Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world. "Why is a puck called a puck? "Was I talking out loud? When you are bringing complaints to someone, they’ll be more receptive to alter into their behavior if you make it your problem, rather then placing the blames on them. You go pout on the sidelines. Who's gonna take his place. There are many lines from Slap Shot that could make this list, but are not on here for fairly obvious reasons. Jim Carr: Ned, what's a young man of your background still doing playing professional hockey? The peanut vendors are standing up to them. Reggie Dunlop: Not the f*** scenes, they don't. Reggie Dunlop: Well, maybe Braden's a faggot, you ever think of that? I'll never forget an exclusive interview in which Swamptown revealed that he calls his hockey stick the "Big Tomahawk," and he usually refers to the opposing players as "the little scalps". (Not only is it allowed, it’s well implemented and a necessity to the game). Johnny Upton: What did the old man trade for these assholes, a used puck bag? My father didn't kick the Nazis'... and the puck drops!”. Not tonight. I know. One of the greatest speeches in movie history. Reggie Dunlop: You are totally f***ed! What a guy.”, "I often look at the guys who can whistle before a game and shake my head. Halifax Highlanders announcer Rod McCaudry ranks up there with the best of them. But, know this shit hard. There has to be a Carl Spackler quote on this list. ", "I'm glad I won the [Norris Trophy] now, because I expect it's going to belong to Bobby Orr from now on. Even if you’re not a huge hockey fan, this film can easily be enjoyed by any sports fan. Joe McGrath: You can't put a bounty on a man's head. Cubic acres of good, fresh air have been wasted debating the top sports movie lines of all time. Nick Brophy: I'm not bullshittin' ya. This is the best way to heckle someone. I mean, “it’s not worth winning if you can’t win big?” Telling these poor kids to goon it up against the other team’s star player? Johnny Upton: I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap bastard. With all due respect to Alexander Karpovtsev, who was lost in the Lokomotiv tragedy, this rant by Blackhawks play-by-play man Pat Foley is one of the most honest in hockey media history. Hockey's Joe Namath put his money on the table and backed it up. The invention of the trap. 1 "It's just a flesh wound." ", "How would you like a job where, every time you make a mistake, a big red light goes on and 18,000 people boo? One of the most memorable lines in movie history. "Remember [funny quote]? We’re all stocked up here.” As Good As It Gets “I am serious. This is hilarious. These 50 quotes are the greatest in sports cinema history. "Why won't you go home?! You boys just haven't been bringing in the crowds like you used to. Goldberg: Does that sound stupid to anyone else? Ned Braden: You're drunk. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. It's a federal law. This is a classic scene and a classic line. Tonight, we stay with them. Lily Braden: You're bullshit, you're really bullshit. We could all end up in the clinker for this. Herb Brooks — Miracle. [continues masturbating gestures]. McGrath: I'd rather have them playing with their toys than playing with themselves. How to Start Exercising? Reggie Dunlop: Let 'em know you're there! A lesbian. I can’t wait to take it all away from them”, “A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet”, “I think the thing you always got to keep in mind, you know, hockey is a game of one-on-one battles”, “The important is that we watch each other’s backs out on the ice ", "Sometimes people ask, 'Are hockey fights real?' The single greatest insult you could deliver as a 12-year-old. Reggie Dunlop: That's great. If... #4 This line cracks me up every time I watch the movie. Best line? Cuba Gooding Jr. makes Tom Cruise scream, "I love black people!!!" You have to take pride in yourself. Reggie Dunlop: I am personally placing a hundred-dollar bounty on the head of Tim McCracken. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform." “A good hockey player plays where the puck is. Get that stick in their side, let 'em know you're there! 45 Funny Movie Quotes That Will Keep You Laughing "I’m not like a regular mom, I’m a cool mom!"