Cost: Adults -- $5; Kids 17 and under -- free. We believe in justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Tony McDade, and so many others lost to police violence. McKay rammed them, a man and his son in a pickup truck stopped on the side of the road and watched them, Macaulay told police. Franconia Sculpture Park disclosed that it terminated co-founder/CEO John Hock in August for "inappropriate conduct toward a young female.". Low 21F. Cost: Adults -- $5; Seniors, military, university students -- $3; 19 years and under -- free; Healthcare workers and first responders -- free through December 31, 2020. People with information on either of these incidents can also leave tips anonymously by calling 1-866-7Lockup or by sending a text message to 443-902-4824. We have increased signage around the park and cordoned off a number of high-touch sculptures. Another potential complainant had surfaced on Facebook. … The board has steadfastly rejected my repeated requests to participate in a professionally moderated mediation in an effort to preserve the viability and vitality of the sculpture park I created and love, and to salvage my damaged reputation. < i > EDITOR'S NOTE: The following details the police interview with Caleb Macaulay and Gregory Floyd Jr., both witnesses to the May 11 shooting death of Franconia police officer Cpl. Hynes didn't give Alinejad any kind of timeline for how long the sculptures can stay there. How to decipher the status of your Maryland vote-by-mail ballot. This group exhibition explores themes[...], Tuesday, November 17, 6pm via Facebook Live “Dinner & Discussion” with Franconia Emerging Artists-in-Residence   6:00pm-6:20pm – Wesley Fawcett Creigh 6:20pm-6:40pm – Lee Noble 6:40pm-7:00pm – Emma Beatrez 7:20pm-7:40pm – Tsohil Bhatia 7:40pm-8:00pm – William[...], Franconia Sculpture Park is excited to announce Frost Fest @ Franconia, a weekend-long holiday market and bazaar where shoppers will find unique gifts by local artisans and vendors. That is when, according to Macaulay, the officer began pushing Kenney's car with his police SUV. More:Election 2020: In-person voting locations open Saturday. "My safety while I was an intern was jeopardized, and my trust in professional relationships questioned," she wrote. The property was originally purchased in 1930 as a retreat for one of those artists, Anna Hyatt Huntington, to recover from tuberculosis. A series of CDs feature interviews with Caleb Macaulay, Liko Kenney's best friend and the passenger in Kenney's car the evening McKay attempted to pull them over for a motor vehicle stop that ended up the road toward Easton with Kenney shooting McKay to death and running him over with his car. For a week each summer, Breckenridge, Colorado, buzzes with creativity during the Breckenridge International Festival of Arts' (BIFA). Below are some of the country's best outdoor art experiences. The sculpture was built about 20 years ago in a park underneath the elevated train, France 24 said. I agree, Franconia Sculpture Park is pleased to present “New Domestics”, the inaugural exhibition in the Mardag Gallery @ Franconia Commons curated by Franconia’s Executive Director & Chief Curator Ginger Shulick Porcella. A message from Franconia:  2020 has not been easy. Breaking News alerts from The Caledonian-Record news team. He said then he couldn't see anything and he heard shots coming from the car and he tried to look and thought he could see Cpl. Even before Election Day, the 2020 race was the most litigated in memory. Vibrantly colored sculptures of the names of the 12 people killed in the shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill now stand tall in front of the Thousand Oaks business where they … Be Nice. Back in town, the Breckenridge Public Art Collection displays more than 30 outdoor sculptures inspired by the mountains, wildlife, mining history and more. As a reminder, please do not visit Franconia if you are exhibiting symptoms, and please follow the CDC’s guidelines before visiting the park. One of those children was Noel Sparks. We provide golf carts for visitors and patrons with mobility impairments on a first come, first serviced basis between 9am-5pm (last rental at 4pm), 7 days a week, from April 15 through October 15, for a $10 rental fee. or anything. With more than 60 installations, it's one of the few places in the world where practicing architects can display their creations alongside more traditional sculpture and has featured pavilions created by noted architects Steven Holl, Benjamin Cadena, and Hou de Sousa among others. We also encourage visitors to wear masks at all public programs and events until further notice. The fatal shooting call came in about a half-hour after police began investigating another shooting for which the victim had checked himself into the hospital. He was taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries, the department wrote. AT 5pm EST "Karen likes it you guys. Stunning #sunset at the park tonight. "Franconia Sculpture Park is a wonderful place. At that time, they did not know who the officer was driving the cruiser. Each sculpture is attached to a metal pole that stands 8-feet tall. He estimates that 2,000 hours and $100,000 has gone into this project. In a subsequent e-mail to Franconia's advisory board, she said Hock met with Bischoff "for over an hour. When: BIFA is scheduled for August 16-23, 2020, Cost: Trail Mix events are free; BIFA scheduled performance costs vary. ', Trump 'army' of poll watchers led by veteran of fraud claims, It's here: What to watch on Election Day in America, Election Day shadowed by threats of legal challenges, Huge voter turnout expected despite virus, political rancor, Supreme Court to hear case about juvenile life sentences, Franconia Sculpture Park hires new interim executive director, Franconia Sculpture Park CEO and co-founder John Hock abruptly exits, Meet the artist behind an iconic George Floyd mural and Prince's gold star, From the Black Death to the coronavirus, pandemics can also yield powerful art, Grieving for Minneapolis, BareBones reinvents Halloween as an art event, 'This American Life' star Ira Glass on 3 favorite podcasts and 'the power of narrative', Isabel Wilkerson says her new book 'Caste' is 'an X-ray of our country,' exposing what divides us.