Neither game in the collection is at the cutting edge of technology, so some jaggies and blurry textures don’t spoil the experience at all, especially when played in handheld mode. Accepted Answer. With a click of the analogue sticks you can speed the game up by 3x, turn off random encounters, or even increase HP and limit breaks. Unfortunately the new Xbox One and Switch ports don’t have those cheats for some reason. Limit attacks like Squall's Renzokuken rely on timing an R1 press to a set rhythm, where now you have only a quarter of the visual feedback to work with. FF10 and FF10-2 HD Remaster for PS4, PS3, PC, and Vita includes significant differences from the original PS2 versions Final Fantasy X and X-2. All Discussions Screenshots Artwork Broadcasts Videos News Guides Reviews ... Makes me think twice about my stance on adding speed hack modes to other JRPGs that I mod. So what are the 5 game boost it offers? The situation improves tremendously with the FMV sequences, which are far crisper and cleaner, but the jarring disparity between low resolution, blurry backgrounds and pristine 1080p 3D rendering just doesn't work. FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster. For all the flaws of this remaster then, it's worth checking out just to see how Squaresoft pushed PS1 technology still further after the game-changing FF7. This means that re-rendering with a full 1080p target wasn't an option - instead it's relying on assets plucked straight from PS1 or PC versions of the day. Resolution is the third point. Additionally, the ending credits feature a new audio drama and examples of FF10 & 10-2 concept art. FeatureLarian's gorgeous Baldur's Gate 3 looks to be a game of groundbreaking systemic depth, The Witcher 3 builds: The best alchemy, Death March, Sign builds and other combat builds to use. It may cost pretty much twice what it does on PS4 and PC, but it is the best version. When I hit it, in the top right or left, I forget witch, on screen it will show like a fast forward looking symbol, 2 little arrows point in … And a glass of water, sweetheart, my socks are on fire!". Strange how 7 for the Playstation 4 got game boosts. Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. Gang Beasts is a silly local multiplayer party game with doughy ragdoll physics and horrific environmental hazards. That's not to say that there aren't positives, however. So what are the 5 game boost it offers? The remakes are based on the previously Japan/European exclusive FFX International and FFX-2 International editions. For a game pushing the envelope as much as FF8, that meant running with hard frame-rate caps based on the situation. It's just like the PC version in that regard, which relied on keyboard arrow keys - giving you only eight directions of movement, even if you're using PS4's analogue sticks. How do I get rid of my permanently deleted nintendo account from my switch account??? All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. All Discussions Screenshots Artwork Broadcasts Videos News Guides Reviews. Despite this minor quibble, however, the Switch port of Final Fantasy X /X-2 is now undoubtedly the best for a number of reasons. The hard frame-rate ceiling still works as before; it runs at 30fps while travelling around, and there's no real push to anything higher. Dozens of songs from the original soundtracks are remastered and included in the HD Remake. Negative: 0 out of 30. It was the early days of 3D on console and this meant that 30fps really was a luxury - and you often accepted even lower performance as a compromise in getting cutting edge visuals. Thanks for taking part! This combination of FMV and real-time 3D was an incredible feat of technology for its day, but Squaresoft pushed out the boat in many other ways, too. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. How to remove my account from a non-primary Switch console remotely? An epic journey begins... with YOU! Technically, Final Fantasy 8 was clearly a pioneering effort for its use of animated backdrops. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night or Mario Odyssey? Oh, and how about some bonus Final Fantasy 10 remaster analysis too? It meant we got visuals far beyond what PS1 hardware could ever realistically achieve in real time - by virtue of sheer brute force, filling four CDs with pre-rendered video sequences. So, if you’re thinking of picking up Final Fantasy X /X-2 HD Remaster and have a Switch, you know what to do. < > Showing 1-10 of 10 comments . Final Fantasy X HD Remaster and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster retailed for HK$228 each, while the download version retailed for HK$209 each. Never miss a thing. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Daily Deals: Preorder Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or PC and Save 17% Off, The Most Messed Up Moments in the Comic Book Version of ‘The Boys’, The Best Anime Fanfiction Where the Hero Is a Villain, FFX International and FFX-2 International editions, Things Ghost of Tsushima Doesn't Tell You. So their is no boost that maxs out your level to 99? No part of this site or its content may be reproduced without the permission of the copyright holder. Equally, rumble is entirely missing from this version and so you don't get any feedback during Squall's limit breaks. Does the PS4 version contain boosters from the Steam version (such as increased speed or supercharge overdrives)? With a simple swipe of the screen you can quickly heal your characters when out of battle instead of having to navigate menus. With the 99 Items boost you dont need level boost. If you notice added input delay on menus in this remaster, this is part of the reason why: 60fps is now 16fps. On PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch first, with free upgrades to next-gen. Cyberpunk 2077 will be "slightly shorter" than The Witcher 3 because players complained The Witcher 3 was "too long", "We got a lot of complaints about The Witcher 3's main story. It's a big plus point over the original game, and gets you to the heart of what makes these games fun. and when launching remastered are the 4 main options plus credits and settings. The main problem is that all of the original backdrops and cut-scenes are still of a low quality, with only a smoothing filter added. Firstly, there are no analogue controls. In some respects, maybe just emulating the PS1 version would have given us a better time here. Environmental textures have been redesigned for higher-resolution output, and character facial models have been altered to create a wider variety of available expressions. FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster > General Discussions > Topic Details. The triple triad card mini-game is as addictive as ever, and in terms of world building, it's full of charming details that add considerably to the greater whole. Performance is arguably worse in the remaster. © Valve Corporation. Edit: The steam version of FFX's remaster … His favourite games include Gitaroo Man, F-Zero GX and StarCraft 2. Hinnyuu. How apt that in the week that Eurogamer itself celebrates its 20th birthday, a remaster should appear for one of 1999's finest console releases. The first is that it looks great – not as good as PS4, Xbox One or PC, but great nonetheless. It's a game ripe for remastering, but unfortunately, the end result is far from ideal. Eventually I pressed Esc on the keyboard and got a totally different menu than any I'd got using the controller! maybe I was thinking of X when I was talking about 9.....sorry, Golf with your friends has a free update today "The Deep". The Creature Creator and Field Arena tournaments from FF10-2 are also included in the HD Remake. It list 5 Game boosters in this game. I spent about 30 minutes browing the web trying to find how to activate the speed booster to help with grinding sphere levels with no joy. Despite its many issues, Final Fantasy 8 remains an incredible game to play today - but the notion that this remaster delivers an across-the-board upgrade is debatable at best. Demon's Souls on PS5 has over 180 game help videos, Mass Effect N7 Day panel announcement sets fan tongues wagging, FeatureHow a visually impaired streamer hunts shiny Pokémon, Pokémon Go is having its most lucrative year yet, FeatureSingle-player League of Legends "true RPG" Ruined King coming early 2021. In FFXII if I hit the L bumper it goes to 2x or 4x game speed depending on your setting to speed up grinding in the game, maybe FFX has that and you hit the button that does it. Its price might be a bit steep on Xbox One and Switch – £44.99/$49.99 is a lot for two games that are nearly 20 years old and that have already been ported here, there and everywhere – but still, there are much worse ways to waste your money. May 12, 2016 @ 3:45pm How do you activate fast forward? All Rights Reserved. Which of these old FPS would you like see remastered? Meanwhile, the 3D aspects have issues too in that much of the core asset work is still based on 20-year-old artwork. The Dorrit mission for example, was used to demo the game ahead of release - an incredible set piece involving a mech crab chasing Squall through the streets. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Japan GEO Stores: Pikmin 3 Deluxe #1. Final Fantasy 12 recently arrived on Switch and Xbox One, so we made a video about it. sevenheavens. I wish lol, nope, it's just the same Remaster as the PS4 version, "Massive, massive quantities. Don't see them there either. All these benefits add up, I’m sure you’ll agree, to make the Nintendo Switch the best format to relive Final Fantasy X and its sequel, or indeed play them for the first time. Instead the entire frame shows the 3D action, overlayed with a transparent HUD for HP. But they didn't do it for 10 on Playstation 3 or 4. On the surface, it's a bit of a cheat, but it's become a routine extra for Final Fantasy remasters - even FF12 - to help with the grind of long dungeons. This may explain why the new release shares many of the more disappointing quirks of the original PC port, which compare unfavourably with the PS1 version. For more information, go here. On other formats and in docked mode, they’re a little bit pixelated. Take the world map, for example. Often you'll have settled on an attack pattern that just needs repeating over and over, so the 3x speed-up is especially great for blitzing through the repetition. Also, the large, intruding battle window of FF7 - which took up a good chunk of the screen's lower half - is removed. 12 surprisingly does let you boost speed, but the PS4 remaster did also 12s speed boost was in the original ps2 Zodia edition but at 2x speeds. Exceeds Wii U version. A list of essential PC mods and how to add them to your game. Wow I'm really miffed they didn't put boosters on the PS4 version. I... Can you hold your nerve in the hunt for the infamous 'Trapper' killer? And besides, Final Fantasy X seemingly remains as compelling as always. The twist here is that menus no longer run at 60fps, but sync up to the 3D action.