It might sound like a jaw-dropping expense for a woman who grew up in a cramped council flat. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express. As Cilla transformed from pop star to prime-time TV darling, the savvy star went about building a property empire worth £11million. ‘I’ve had to learn, since being single again, to do the show – and then put on another show afterwards, can you get that? “They were all groups. ‘But in those first few years I did everything I could to prolong my life. But then I was a very bad girl three years later. Bobby isn’t the only loss she’s coping with. Day 2: From council flat to mansions and champagne. “The Queen of Showbiz will definitely get the tributes deserves.”, What are non essential shops: full list of retailers closing in 2nd lockdown, Moment husband 'proves' his pregnant wife’s child isn’t his at their BABY SHOWER, Ryan Giggs arrested on ­suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend at his mansion, Model in low-cut print top forced to cover boobs on flight with son, 7, The Chase contestant reveals shock behind-the-scenes secrets from game show, ©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. View our online Press Pack. I kept thinking, “What kind of God would do this to me and my family?” Jack, my youngest, was only 18. The work got me through, a bit like it did with Bobby. It is not known if he had a partner at the time of his death, aged 62. Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed, The TV star had a fake wedding to Nell McAndrew, Dale was very close to the late Cilla Black, The classic intro to Supermarket Sweep starring late and much loved presenter Dale Winton, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). ITV is planning a tribute to the much-loved star, which will be the centrepiece of their festive schedule. He phoned me at 5.30 that morning going: "Daaarling, are you OK?" Bobby was the raconteur. The Living TV presenter said the pair had only stepped out four times so far, and two of those meetings were at football matches. Cilla Black became the nation’s sweetheart over the course of her music and TV career. He has friends from all backgrounds. The show, called The One & Only Cilla Black, featured Black herself and was hosted by Paul O’Grady. A source revealed: “The venue thought this was acceptable as it was only a little, hotel-sized fridge. Friendly's restaurant chain files for bankruptcy after pandemic restrictions decimated revenues, Joe Biden heads into election day with polling leads in Pennsylvania and Florida and razor-thin margins separating him from Trump in Ohio and Arizona - and a chance to score decisive blow with Texas TIED, Trump closes the gap even further: Biden hangs on to slim leads in six swing states Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin in final poll heading into Election Day, My haven: Former Eurythmic Dave Stewart in the LA studio where he works his magic, Loyal Golden Retriever reunites with her owners after losing them, Shots fired outside Vienna synagogue as man seen holding weapon, Experts capture 'murder hornet' queens after returning to clear nest, Shoppers appear to stockpile in Birmingham despite govt warnings, King of Thailand 'loves' pro-democracy protesters demonstrating, Captain Tom Moore gives encouragement ahead of latest lockdown, Special forces rescue students from Kabul University shooting, London: Men wield knives at confrontation on Edgware Road, 'Hoping for second miracle': Kate Garraway on Derek's ICU battle, Joe Biden has series of awkward gaffes at rally with Barack Obama, Armed police hunt for reported attackers along Vienna's streets, Michael Gove admits national lockdown could be extended. Early life . BELOVED duo Bobby Willis and Cilla Black charmed the world with their tale of enduring love. Maybe it’s a nervous energy, I don’t know. I remember it so precisely because I was guest-editing US Harpers Bazaar. I just knew it was George. The last time we spent proper time together was in Barbados this year – we went for dinner the day I arrived and spent most of the trip together. "If I do fall in love again, I will be shouting it from the rooftops. Before she died in 2015, Cilla Black was one of Dale's best pals. “This spliff was being handed around and I thought, ‘This has been in everybody’s mouth, but it ain’t going in mine’.”, Cilla went on to have a puff on a cannabis cigarette, offered to her by music mogul Tony King. She’s got huge guts, and she doesn’t act like a huge star except when she needs to': Nicky Haslam on Cilla Black. ‘The hardest thing is when you realise they’re never, ever going to come back. Though she was spotted dancing the night away with John at an exclusive London nightspot, she insists she's just enjoying her "single status". This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. After a shopping spree, Cilla and her pals nipped into Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant at Claridge’s. Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). “We found these incredible tapes. “The council and mayor intend to work with her family to organise a very special day and are eyeing up the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, which she loved, as a potential venue. In the meantime, Cilla promised she wouldn't keep fans in the dark about her love life. Find out about the TV presenter's friends and whether he was in a relationship . Photograph: Rex. Friends including Paul O’Grady and Cliff Richard feature in the programme, discussing the legacy of the late, great Cilla. The 61-year-old TV star told the Daily Mirror that she is "very fond" of Reading manager John, a father-of-two and the UK's 186th richest man, but their relationship is still in the early stages. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here.