If you're interested, you can see some of my favorites here.

He is master of keeping private life secret. [40], The podcast features discussions pertaining to their lives as professional content creators for YouTube, as well as their interests and annoyances. Q&A with Grey. Yes, I'm sorry, I know this playlist is unfinished and, if any of the videos videos I've ever made can be said to be important, it's these. Of course, there are only so many classes in the day, and everyone wants their pet subject taught in schools, so the equally important question is what to get rid of to make room for computer programming and, without the slightest hesitation I'd ditch the foreign languages classes -- after all, computer programming is getting us closer and closer to a universal translator anyway. Standard is a community of digital creators. [37] It was selected as one of Apple's best new podcasts of 2014. CGP Grey has an estimated net worth of $1.7 million in December 2019.As a YouTuber, he receives a huge amount from advertising revenue,based on the channel's audience. 1 iTunes podcast in United Kingdom, United States, Germany, Canada, and Australia.

It's been my experience that creative projects are self-sustaining. Here are Colin Gregory's real words, " I don't have a favorite but I am irrationally fond of Tungsten especially because my wedding ring is made out of it". And besides, it's not like there's a shortage of good science channels on YouTube. 1 iTunes podcast in the United Kingdom. [27][28][29][30] Another two videos explaining copyright law and the Electoral College have been featured on Mashable.

He holds dual American and Irish citizenship and belongs to white ethnicity.

[19] Grey has stated that the presentation style of his videos is influenced by that of Yahtzee Croshaw's Zero Punctuation series.

What, you mean the method by which we determine truth? He went to college in upstate New York, earning two degrees – one in physics and another in sociology. Source: CGP Grey. I die a little inside thinking about how political systems can distribute tiny costs across large numbers of people to the benefit of a few. These include American Truck Simulator and Mario … The American-Irish internet sensation currently resides in London, United Kingdom. Colin Grey owns a merch where he sells unisexual t-shirts, hoodies, gifts, home decor, stickers and so on. I know it's not very helpful advice, but it's the most truthful advice I can give. The problem isn't politics or voter apathy, it's the system that creates the politics and voter apathy. Easy fight. Alright, thanks to everyone who submitted questions -- it's been fun, Internet. Also, I listen to a monstrous number of audiobooks and podcasts. [2], Grey's video that debunks popular misconceptions has been featured on CBS,[25] as has his video about the history of the British royal family. For me, being confused and frustrated with a topic is a vital part of figuring out how to explain it to others so I'd say 95% of research I do on my own. Computer programming.

CGP Grey. Typical topics include technology etiquette; movie and TV show reviews; plane accidents; vexillology; futurology; and the differences between Grey's and Haran's personalities and lifestyles. After spending several years teaching in the UK, Grey wanted to 'escape the system' and become self-employed. March 2, 2013. Those monks were awesome.

When I first started this channel, I thought that I would make videos mostly about those two things, but for various reasons, that hasn't happened yet. After that I moved to London and earned a PGCE in Science Education, and became a qualified physics teacher in England. 3rd parties really can't thrive under those conditions. No other part of human society organizes itself this way and for good reason: it artificially slows down the best and brightest.

Nevertheless, the YouTube star once mentioned in one of his videos that he's married unopenly. By the way, If you really like the logo, you can get it on t-shirts and now coffee mugs -- which is particularly appropriate as coffee is the fuel that without which these videos could not be made.

He's amassed over $31,441 earnings from YouTube to this date.

He's amassed over $31,441 earnings from YouTube to this date. [1] His channel surpassed one million subscribers in 2013,[2] and his videos have been reviewed in publications such as Business Insider and The Washington Post. [12], His grandmother was born in Ireland, and when he was a child, his father applied for Irish citizenship on his behalf; Grey thus has dual American–Irish citizenship. "[39] Grey reported a podcast listenership of approximately "a quarter million" downloads per episode as of September 2015. While nearly all of Grey's videos feature his voice, his face has never been shown in his videos, and Grey almost always has his face obscured when appearing in other people's videos;[18] he generally uses a stick figure with glasses to represent himself. Grey created his YouTube account on 12 August 2010, and also posts videos on his secondary channels CGPGrey2 and CGP Play, describing the latter as "anti … The idea that just because a kid is 14-years-old they're ready for trigonometry is weird. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. The idea that just because a kid is 14-years-old they're ready for trigonometry is weird.

Standard is a community of digital creators. Colin Gregory Palmer Grey was born in 1989 in New York, United States.

His channel surpassed one million subscribers in 2013, and his videos have been reviewed in publications such as Business Insider and The Washington Post. Unskilled Are Unaware: Further Explorations of (Absent) Self-Insight Among the Incompetent. [38] The Guardian included the podcast among its 50 best of 2016, naming episode 66 ("A Classic Episode") its episode of the year. If I'm really out of my depth on a topic -- like the debt video and the pope video -- I try very hard to find an expert to look over the final draft of my script but time constraints and finding trustworthy experts is sometimes a bit difficult. He began animating his videos in the stick-figure style with his “5 Historical Misconceptions” video. Trending :Joanna Gaines || Kamala Harris || Pat Sajak || Elizabeth Warren || Nicole Curtis ||. Allow me to summarize all of human existence with this single graph. the process by which trees get water from their roots to their leaves, Unskilled Are Unaware: Further Explorations of (Absent) Self-Insight Among the Incompetent. His attempt 'failed miserably,' and he later returned to the UK hoping to find a teaching job and found one.

I like to horseback ride through the mountains. CGP Grey and his Wife from Flickr. So a typical 5 minute video is 50 to 100 hours of work. Instead of grouping kids by age, I'd group try grouping them by ability instead.

Each episode, they discuss the methods and tools they employ to be productive and creative, and how they improve their self-employed lifestyles. [36], In January 2014, Grey launched the podcast Hello Internet along with co-host Brady Haran, another educational YouTuber and online content creator. The channel features short explanatory videos on varying subjects, including politics, geography, economics, and British culture. [4][33], Grey's video Humans Need Not Apply was covered by Business Insider[3] and Huffington Post,[34] and his animated video of Nick Bostrom's "The Fable of the Dragon-Tyrant" was "unanimously praise[d]" by the Life Extension Advocacy Foundation. Here we are: 500,000 subscribers -- well, actually… by the time I finished this video it's a bit more than that -- but who knew that after I promised to do a Q&A that the pope would resign?

CGP Grey has an estimated net worth of $1.7 million in December 2019. I don't have a favorite but I'm irrationally fond of Tungsten mainly because my wedding ring is made out of it.

Grey is a fine podcaster as well, he's launched two Podcasts: Hello Internet and Cortex which were chosen as a No. It features vlogs and things that would not fit on the main channel. )", "Q&A with Grey #2 (One Million Subscribers)", "Not Even Doctors And Lawyers Are Safe From Machines Taking Their Jobs", "Introducing Relay FM's 2015 Summer Pilots", "r/watchnebula – watchnebula is dead on arrival", "Q&A With Grey #3: Millenia of Human Attention", "British Numbers confuse Americans – Numberphile", "These 10 Videos Turn Tough Topics into Child's Play, 7.

It's basically a personal flag for my love of science and technology. On one of CGP Grey's "Question and Answer" video, he replied a fan's question, " What's Your Favorite Element?". While that's a lot, it doesn't include the research phase which is difficult to quantify -- some of the videos I've made I'd been collecting notes on for more than a year before starting. Alternatively use it as a simple call to action with a link to a product or a page. The Brain -- because it's the one that's me. C.G.P. [42], The podcast has an official flag called the "Nail & Gear" which was chosen from five candidates by a postal vote by the podcast's audience using an instant-runoff voting system. The more you write, the more things you want to write about and the more you program the more programming ideas you have.

Blog. For me each video spawns more videos. Instead of grouping kids by age, I'd group try grouping them by ability instead. CGP Grey's Wife, Married Life, and Relationship Status.