A review of the Century VZ2008 rifle chambered in 7.62×39, including range demo and field strip. It ejects the steel casings about 10-13 yards high and about 20 yards out. Not intentially, when I had the doubles last week I was sighting in with new ammo off the bench. Dies for 5.45x39 are available. i-m hoping i'm gonna hear that these are actually a well made product without issues common to century rifles. Prompt response from NoDak Spud:   "The receiver in your rifle is not from us. Ask them if they made the receiver and if so, which receiver they supplied. However, outside of the North American continent the AK-47 and its numerous offspring are the hallmark of simplicity and efficiency. Update... By far the best century build I've seen and shot. I'm going to start doing this in the not-too-distant future. The Garand and Stoner are distinctly western and all but universally embraced by the American shooter.

Did not have to change how I work the trigger, just hold the thing firmly does the trick. :thumb: You can reload for 5.45, but it's not as easy as most cartridges because the brass and .221" bullets aren't readily available. Share this gun video: Click to … I was just not holding it secure enough and it had to have been bump firing doubles.

Nonetheless, many western shooters still view it as something unusual. Today that point is a bit moot, as the die has been cast and hundreds of thousands of rifles built for that round are in service. Dies for 5.45x39 are available. The Century Arms International AK-74 Sporter is an excellent AK style rifle chambered in the exceedingly popular 5.45x39mm cartridge. (If so, what would be the best alternative?) I say, take a good look at it, try one out, and make your own decision.

Lots of companies get worked up about doubling or slam fires due to the fear of litigation. The Tapco G2 is excellent and aids accuracy.

Thanks!

Were these the guns that had the key holing barrels? Today I was shooing drills in standing position and occasionally off the bench, but in all cases stock held tight into the shoulder pocket. OP, may I respectfully suggest the new Red Star Arms trigger group as a replacement for your rifle? Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. You are most likely riding the trigger on the bench and recoil did its thing. Using lighter, faster moving projectiles, many said this was simply a move made to “keep up” with the NATO 5.56mm. AKs are steadily gaining ground with domestic shooters, thanks to the efforts of importer/manufacturers such as Century International Arms, who have made the design both available and enticing to the American shooting public. The primed cases are sourced from Tula (Russia), IIRC.

They made some for Century.

Reliability is the name of the game and few makers can lay claim to the efficiency and simplicity built into the AK design. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm.

These bullets are made to travel at super-sonic speeds and come apart rapidly when they encounter resistance. May change with ammo the way it is. Several bullet weights and designs are available. You can reload for 5.45, but it's not as easy as most cartridges because the brass and .221" bullets aren't readily available.

AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home...8793080/Hornady-545x39-Ammunition/1145605.uts, Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. All Rights Reserved.

i have bashed century arms on here several times. I doubt primers would be the issue. also, does anybody know who makes the receiver? Ask them if the use of the G2 fcg is recommended.

Receiver marked "Century Arms Inc, Georgia, VT. M74 Sporter SN: M74-CXXXXXX" (C followed by 6 numbers).

It has a 16.25" barrel with 1:8 twist, a side mount rail, flash hider and bayonet lug. A forum community dedicated to survivalists and enthusiasts. I am generally leery whenever century is involved in anything other than simple importation. From the years leading up to World War II on to the middle of the Cold War, rifles and carbines of the Garand design (M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M14, Mini-14) all dominated the American self-loading market.

Century's early work was crappy. You can re-form virgin .222 Rem cases to 5.45 cases. AKs are steadily gaining ground with domestic shooters, thanks to the efforts of importer/manufacturers…, by Tactical-Life.com / Widners probly wont do anything and Century has a 1 year warranty from the day it leave the factory. Come join the discussion about collections, gear, DIY projects, hobbies, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

All the part numbers match, and there is no corrosion at all. The rifle has a 18.5" barrel and is in good used c... on Jan 12, 2019 JavaScript is disabled.

All the AK74 receivers we sent to Century had the serial number range of J00XXX1 and up.". Tapco G2 trigger and a few other US made parts for compliance. But these days, I think they've really got their stuff together. Can someone tell me who makes, or who probably makes this receiver? On the Asian continent, the Automat Kalashnikova is the supreme monarch. 5.45 they would be starting from scratch, so may at this point not be worth it. Yes, I know that some Europeans would argue with the previous statement but facts are stubborn things. Glad I picked it up.

5.45x39 is not domestically produced, so that might be problematic. Holding the buttstock firmly into the shoulder it does not double. However I came across this warning on their triggers.

I have read the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy, and I hereby agree to those terms.

Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun News and Gun Reviews, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), WATCH: Obliterating Pumpkins With a Mini Cannon and .69-Caliber Balls, Auto-Ordnance ‘Commander in Chief’ AR-15 Pays Tribute to Donald Trump, VIDEO: Only the Best Pass the Army Ranger RASP 1 Selection Program, Holosun X2 Series: Updated Line Increases Technology for Use Afield, Rival Arms ST-3X Precision Rifle Stock: Designed for Chassis Systems, Hawke Optics Releases Professional Steel, AR Cantilever Mounts, True Velocity Invited Into Australian Defense Force Next-Gen Project, WATCH: High-Intensity Vehicle CQB Pistol Course with Centrifuge Training, Special Weapons for Military & Police Magazine.
[ARCHIVED THREAD] - Century Arms M74 AK 74. Nodak Spud receiver on a Bulgarian parts kit with US made barrel IIRC.

Midwest Industries makes rail system that looks surprisingly at home on the Century Arms AK74.

This is the issue they are referring to in your post: Contact Nodak Spud. AKs are steadily gaining ground with domestic shooters, thanks to…. The Hornady 5.45 is HALF American. Reliability is the name of the game and few makers can lay claim to the efficiency and simplicity built into the AK design. Century Arms M74 Sporter Rifle 5.45x39mm Description: SOLD Caliber Info: 5.45x39mm Metal Condition: Excellent, Light Finish Wear, Few Small Nicks & Scratches Wood Condition: Stock is in Excellent Condition Bore Condition: Bright Barrels: 16 Stock: Synthetic Stock & Pistol Grip Fore End: Magpul Butt Pad: Factory Buttplate Weight: 7 Lbs Sights: Adjustable Military Type Iron Sights For a machine that is pushing 70 years, the AK shows little signs of age and can still hold its own against many modern designs. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I'm going to start doing this in the not-too-distant future.

This Sporter is just …

What is the quality generally like on these? I also got mine at Widener's.

Since I was shooting from the bench, I am hoping it was just bump firing / me nursing the trigger.