Sprocket teeth: the number of teeth in the drive sprocket, at the motor end of the unit. The ANSI standard B175.1 divides all chainsaw power heads into two groups: Any chainsaw that does not qualify as a low kickback cutting system will bear a warning such as: “WARNING – This chainsaw is capable of severe kickback that could result in serious injury to the user. If you find raised numbers, these are casting part numbers. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260271374502&_trksid=p2759.l1259#ebayphotohosting. Retrobike Forum Index » Road » Retro Classic Road, Moderators: ededwards, Elev12k, Tel, Jamiedyer, Users browsing this forum: SpenB and 42 guests. Carlton cycles foundation for raleigh team pro timeline radpropaganda vintage carlton track frame help bike carlton cycles foundation for Just because something is a few years old hardly makes it "vintage" or worth having. If you don’t know all three of those characteristics, you should go to your nearest Carlton dealer, with your saw in hand, for help. Unfortunately the Carlton was bought as frame only so I can't get a date of a hub or brake caliper etc. Late 70s is about right. Brand: The brand name of the harvester head, Model: The number or name of the harvester head. Am wondering how old this frame is - late 70's? Marque enthusiasts use records of shop ledgers that recorded dates sold and frame numbers, and then calculate the ages of other bicycles by comparing them with known frame numbers. The decals are in the wrong places if memory serves, Normally that style of frame came with Crespera lugs so probably 1967-69 when they were swapping over. Bar length: The cutting length (or “called length”) of the saw bar, measured from the front of the saw to the nose end of the bar. Carlton safety features greatly reduce the hazard of kickback while maintaining high cutting performance. Notes field: Look in this area for important messages about part information. The Frame Numbers are alway stamped. I Those in the know suggest that the wrapround seatstays were stopped when echt carlton production ceased in 1980/1. I'll try to have a look later (not acceptable linky from my work). Pitch: the size of the chain, measured by determining the distance between three rivets and dividing by two. Ah! The drive sprocket and bar nose sprocket are teamed with the chain, and must be the same size or pitch. the notorious Carlton "missing years" for numbering. Gauge: The thickness of the lower portion of the chain drivelink, the part that fits into the saw bar. Be careful; a bar made by Carlton may take a different drive link count than that of another producer. For example, if you choose a .080” gauge chain and a .122” bar, you will see the note: Please see your Servicing Dealer to verify pitch, gauge, and motor mount . Unfortunately the Carlton was bought as frame only so I can't get a date of a hub or brake caliper etc. A hard-nose guide bar having the same effective bar length, and the same or smaller nose radius as a sprocket-nose bar. When replacing chain on saws less than 3.8 cubic inches (62cc), any low-kickback chain of the proper pitch and gauge can be used. Even the now defunct "carltonme" website drew a blank. Purports to be 531 so should be a nice one.