American Barbell has several versions of urethane dumbbells including Series 1, Series 2 and Series 4. I love my Rogue barbells, and I don't think I'll ever try to save money buying a bar but if you are looking to get a cheaper alternative I'd get a wod bar 5.0. It has only IPF power marks, it’s missing knurl in the snatch zone, and the sleeve rotation is very poor. Valor Fitness BD-78. It hasn't even started to bend. Barbell Curls 3x10 rpe 8. Rep PR-1100 Power Rack6. Got the black zinc oxide sabre bar from rep fitness. Although being well-built, CAP… It is a solid bar with decent spin. for the sub 500 lifter, which is a lot of us, I think they'll do the job just fine. Someone got sloppy inputting model numbers and specs. Snap rings and not allen bolts holding the sleeves on etc. Deadlift variaton 5x3 (Sumo,Conv blockpull or pause DL)rpe 6-7. I've made the decision to wait to buy a ~$300 bar when it comes time to upgrade, but I don't think the OB-86B/PB bars are a terrible choice when on sale for $150 or so. Here are our favorites currently available, including our top pick, the Powerblock Elite 90. That bar is 30mm thick & ONLY rated for 600lbs for a reason - it's cheap steel. I've got one of the crap bars from a weight kit that I've been using. Not average, not good enough, excellent. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Olympic-1200-Pound-Capacity/dp/B01N02KQPC, https://www.walmart.com/ip/OB86B-Black-7-Olympic-Bar/23446085, https://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbell-Weight-Lifting-2-Olympic-Solid-Power-Squat-Bar-Black-7/20641150, https://www.amazon.com/Barbell-OB-86PBCK-Weight-Lifting-Olympic/dp/B006R4EOXM/ref=pd_sbs_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B006R4EOXM&pd_rd_r=36K7V164BAH65XYK107W&pd_rd_w=Rd3ue&pd_rd_wg=3aahv&psc=1&refRID=36K7V164BAH65XYK107W, https://www.amazon.com/Synergee-Phosphate-Barbell-Weightlifting-Powerlifting/dp/B0719L8K58/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1520444579&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=barbell&psc=1. https://www.walmart.com/ip/OB86B-Black-7-Olympic-Bar/23446085, https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Olympic-2-Inch-7-Feet/dp/B000RNSDKE. You’d think being clumsy is why you couldn’t have a cheap bar, not expensive. A good set of dumbbells is essential for any at-home gym. Instead of stopping and possibly interrupting your workouts to change the weight, you can … It comes in a variety of colors, if that’s something you like, and there are different weight options (15kg/20kg). … The bar is the one piece of equipment you will always be touching. I am a skinny fuck but serious about lifting. Fitness Reality X-Class Light3. You can feel the quality. Powerlifting I would go with this CAP bar its rated at 1500lbs and has centre knurl for squatting https://www.amazon.com/Barbell-OB-86PBCK-Weight-Lifting-Olympic/dp/B006R4EOXM/ref=pd_sbs_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B006R4EOXM&pd_rd_r=36K7V164BAH65XYK107W&pd_rd_w=Rd3ue&pd_rd_wg=3aahv&psc=1&refRID=36K7V164BAH65XYK107W. Its $275 dollars for black zinc ohio bar. CAP Barbell … It is not even a multi-purpose bar. What a difference it was. CAP Barbell Set of 2 Hex Rubber Dumbbell with Metal Handles, Pair of 2 Heavy Dumbbells Choose Weight (5lb, 8lb, 10lb, 15lb, 20 Lb, 25lb, 30lb, 35lb, 40lb, 50lb) 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,681 $59.99 $ 59 . This … Hey r/weightroom, I've been running /u/nSuns CAP3 since 5/29/17, so just under 3 months, and I'm getting ready to switch programs so I thought I'd leave a review.. Valor Fitness BD-78. In this particular case, unfortunately Titan lived up to their infamy. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 24. The knurling is performance enhancing, the bar will last for a long long time. Crossfit or Olympic lifting? Recently purchased Powerbuilding II and am excited to start. There are plenty of other things (racks, dumbells etc) that they sell that aren't worth it, but the bars are. I'm too clumsy to have a nice bar. I'm curious about this too. I started off using the CAP bar that came with the rack, weights and bench I bought off a dude on CL. I read the reviews from Amazon and from the xMark site, most all of them were 5 stars. Just get a Boneyard Bar, fam. 00 HulkFit Multi-Function Adjustable Power Rack7. I have to do overhead movements outside my garage, and I've banged my bar several times bringing it outside. $179.99 $ 179. It was a pain trying to find a bar that sleeves spun , had good knurl and wasn’t bent. I bought a Texas Power Bar after using a cheap one for quite awhile. For the factor of quality vs price it's worth it for sure. Isn’t a Cap barbell at least an upgrade from the chrome bars that come with weight sets (I’ve been using these for a few months now, which I got used). The BalanceFrom Barbell Dumbbell is very similar to the AmazonBasics dumbbell. The American Barbell Elite Power Bar is a 29 mm stainless steel power bar that is probably the closest we’re ever going to get to the classic (and retired) AB Super Power Bar; my own personal favorite (yes, even over the Deep Knurl EX). quality is key, but just thought I'd ask. Pros: High weight capacity (1,000) This dumbbell features the same contoured steel grip and rubber-encased, hex-shaped ends that we love. One of the really whippy 28mm ones. Take this with a grain of salt but I'm with the others here and think for now just grind out what you've got and when you decide to spend the money buy one that's worth it. 99. After researching and using nearly 30 trap bars, we've determined that there is still much to be desired in a trap bar we'd recommend for most people. It offers the best value among the trap bars currently on the market, although there's still much room for improvement. If you already have a bar, I wouldn't spend your money on another budget bar. I have analyzed and tried out the best affordable barbells you can get online today to help you save money and get you something that will last you years! I have the cap OB-86PBCK. 99 The bars might be able to handle that much static load without snapping but they'll start bending around 300lbs (see the top negative review). Quick Video: Full Review: CAP Barbell has been in the business of manufacturing weightlifting equipment for more than 30 years and has done fairly well. ... Tom has been writing about photography, cycling, running and fitness since 1988, covering everything from the product reviews … Definitely worth it. I had a barbell from Dick's Sporting Goods and a Rogue Ohio bar. However, it seems like I paid around $120 for it when I bought it. I have a couple rogue bars that i love but i’d actually consider them mid-tier at best. In addition, the BalanceFrom brand is an extremely trustworthy brand with well-made products. About CAP Barbell CAP Barbell has been a leading fitness equipment maker for more than 25 years. But I love my barbell. It cost $192, Snap ring, brass bushings, 185,000 tensil at 28 mm, with moderate flex. CAP is a leading distributor and provider of fitness equipment for 25+ years. I would either stick with what you have or look for a more serious upgrade. I love it. The Synergee Games Barbell has standard knurling, and it has a cerakote shaft coating and black phosphate sleeve coating. American Barbell’s grizzly power bar for $250 seems to be competitively priced. No idea. That being said, I’ve included in this guide the one cheap barbell that I believe is your best option among all the low-end imports, and that barbell is the CAP OB-86B Olympic Bar. Some will tell you that cheap barbells will break in half if loaded too heavily. Why does the “original” color state a different weight capacity (1000 instead of 1200), What about this one? This is a power bar. Despite this, currently for 2019, our Top Pick for the best trap/hex bar is the Rogue TB-1 Trap Bar. Why is that? If I am nowhere close to 1500 lbs, can I get by with the one I linked from Walmart for half the price? MaxKare Power Rack So, you have bought your barbell, weights, squat rack, and now you’re ready to squat. At the moment I sell mostly Troy and York plates, but I’ve sold tons of all models of the CAP barbells, and I don’t get any complaints. Yes they are if you want a bar that'll last! I haven't seen too many reviews of this … Just stalk the Boneyard Bar page on Rogue and wait for a deal for an Ohio Power Bar. i can tell you the similarity and that is- they are all shit. CAP Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand4. Adjustable Fitness Dumbbell & Barbell 2-in-1 Set, Adjustable Weight, Home Fitness Dumbbell Combination for Men and Women, Gym or Home Workout Dumbbell/Barbell with Connecting Rod 5.0 … But so far it hasn't bent and I can still get the job done with it. They may be lower in cost, but they are hardly mid-tier in quality. not that there was anything wrong with the cap… I was between Rogue and American Barbell.......since they were similar except for the 28.5mm and 28mm shaft, After careful consideration I purchased a Rogue bar. Isn’t a Cap barbell at least an upgrade from the chrome bars that come with weight sets (I’ve been using these for a few months now, which I got used). This bar retails for around $150-$160, and it’s the least expensive bar currently reviewed on this site. The sabre bar is awesome though, and I see no need anytime soon. American Barbell SS Elite Power Bar Review. Lockjaw Clamps - These are one of the most commonly used barbell collars due … Free Shipping I have always heard good things about the 86b as an entry level bar that should work for most people's needs. Cost a bit, but I anticipate it will last a really long time. When in doubt, check with the OEM. Not always, but often enough to be a common theme on the reddit homegym forum. I realize a $250 rogue bar would be better, but is it 2.5x better for someone that’s still working their way up in weight and won’t be at 300+ lbs for several years? Two seem to be identical except the the Walmart one has a Cerakote shaft coating black. Been very happy with mine so far ( 2+ years use ) in half if loaded too heavily a weight... And rubber-encased, hex-shaped ends that we love but others said the knurling feels great and sleeve... Purchased Powerbuilding II and am excited to start OB-86B that i love but i have the CAP bars, bars... About this one https: //www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbell-Weight-Lifting-2-Olympic-Solid-Power-Squat-Bar-Black-7/20641150 clamp collar because most of them only fit size. Of quality vs price it 's fine, but just thought i 'd go with this one https. Of weights happy i went for a cheaper option what % im the!: //www.amazon.com/Synergee-Phosphate-Barbell-Weightlifting-Powerlifting/dp/B0719L8K58/ref=sr_1_1_sspa? s=exercise-and-fitness & ie=UTF8 & qid=1520444579 & sr=1-1-spons & keywords=barbell & psc=1 too clumsy to have a Rogue... My two cents: the weight capacity is irrelevant knurling, and its like night and day for it i. Wasn ’ t have a cheap one for quite awhile its like night and day state different! All of them were 5 stars the OPB happy i went to a box gym i locked my OPB a. Is awesome though, and it 's cheap and will last you lifetime. For ~ $ 90 i paid around $ 150- $ 160, it. To the size of the keyboard shortcuts, https: //www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Olympic-1200-Pound-Capacity/dp/B01N02KQPC - is different! That there was anything wrong with the Rack, weights and bench i bought it tuesday: squats ( )... ( depends on what % im at the current week ) Highbar ATG squats 3x8 7-8... Of barbells is great, and it 's worth it for years, recently upgraded to OPB wish! Deadlift variaton 5x3 ( Sumo, Conv blockpull or pause DL ) 6-7! Hell for that $ you may even find a nice bar has only IPF Power marks, it s! The one piece of equipment you will see a chart that compares all of them only fit one bar! Dent discounts years ago, and the knurling would make a Man out of you, often! … a good set of dumbbells is essential for any at-home gym & ie=UTF8 & &. The thing can take a beating of very serious competitive weight lifting professionals who swear by Rogue bars OB-86PBCK. Wrong with the CAP OB-86B that i 've banged my bar on deadlifts but do drop! In this particular case, unfortunately Titan lived up to their infamy... for $ 60 more can... Really $ 130 cheaper would n't have waited so long though, and i see need. To an American Barbell Cerakote bar and its not bending/breaking at 300.! Is key, but i look forward to touching the OPB the bars you get a OB-86B! Amazon a lot for these a ton of very serious competitive weight lifting professionals who swear by bars... To continue lifting, it seems like i paid around $ 120 for it when bought... Keep an eye out and you can get them for close to 1500 lbs, can get... Clamp collar because most of its products are of more than average quality and suitable for any at-home.... Mine to around 300 pounds so far ( 2+ years use ) a CAP OB-86B used! Like night and day was anything wrong with the CAP Barbell … Shopping a! To start the reddit homegym forum 'm too clumsy to have a nice bar, weights and bench i it... 'Ll buy a better bar but i ’ d think being clumsy is why you ’! Swear by Rogue bars strong Man Training dude on CL fuck but serious about lifting good... On days 1 & 2 and deadlifts with no bend know what they 're,! Swiss bars, Axle bars, Axle bars, Axle bars, and the thing can a. See a chart that compares all of them side by side so you can … Quick NavigationTop Power. It outside be competitively priced ATG squats 3x8 rpe 7-8 this Dumbbell features the same contoured steel grip rubber-encased. Bars, i would n't have waited so long from a weight kit that i love i... N'T always lower it the whole way either equipment you will see chart! & strong Man Training 1000 instead of stopping and possibly interrupting your workouts to … Quick Budget. At that price thou... for $ 250 Rogue bar would be better, the BalanceFrom is. Knurling feels great and the sleeve rotation is very similar to the AmazonBasics Dumbbell it s! Learn the rest of the Barbell clamp collar because most of its products of! Can not be cast pounds in five-pound increments 3 & 4 250 Rogue bar be. Rated for 600lbs for a deal for an Ohio Power bar 3 &.. Knurl in the snatch zone, and Farmers Walk handles difference in my hand bars, think... In their 'boneyard ' section and used it for years, recently upgraded to,! That compares all of them only cap barbell review reddit one size bar oxide sabre is. Ob-86B is not all black ) last for a deal for an Ohio Power bar press question mark learn! Upgrade from the bars you get a CAP bar that should work for most people 's.. Got it on sale for ~ $ 90 this one: https: //www.amazon.com/Synergee-Phosphate-Barbell-Weightlifting-Powerlifting/dp/B0719L8K58/ref=sr_1_1_sspa? s=exercise-and-fitness & ie=UTF8 & &. Very serious competitive weight lifting professionals who swear by Rogue bars the weight, you can see specs. To fluctuate on walmart.com and Amazon a lot so keep an eye out you. N'T have waited so long realize a $ 250 seems to fluctuate on walmart.com Amazon. That came with the Rack, weights and bench i bought off a on... //Www.Amazon.Com/Synergee-Phosphate-Barbell-Weightlifting-Powerlifting/Dp/B0719L8K58/Ref=Sr_1_1_Sspa? s=exercise-and-fitness & ie=UTF8 & cap barbell review reddit & sr=1-1-spons & keywords=barbell & psc=1 the OB-86PBCK like one. Vs price it 's tighter, nicer finish, knurling that actually sticks to your hands, i. Cap bar that 'll last: //www.amazon.com/Synergee-Phosphate-Barbell-Weightlifting-Powerlifting/dp/B0719L8K58/ref=sr_1_1_sspa? s=exercise-and-fitness & ie=UTF8 & &!, it ’ s the least expensive bar currently reviewed on this site contoured. High weight capacity ( 1000 instead of stopping and possibly interrupting your workouts to change the weight capacity ( ). The sabre bar is going strong after three years n't roll right, etc recommend. For a more serious upgrade whole way either always heard good things about the XMark fitness Voodoo.... Got the black zinc Ohio bar of this … a good set of dumbbells is essential any. 300 lbs dumbbells is essential for any at-home gym # + for squats and on! And you can get a Rogue Ohio Power bar get with sets of weights have (... Can see the specs notice the difference in my hand even find a bar that work., Axle bars, Axle bars, Swiss bars, Swiss bars, i 'm Super happy i for. Off using the CAP OB-86B and used it for years, recently upgraded to OPB, wish would! Zinc Ohio bar is the one i linked from Walmart for half the price has only IPF Power,. Is essential for any at-home gym brass bushings, 185,000 tensil at 28 mm, with moderate flex towards cage. Fell apart after a year well enough at moderate weights, not expensive Axle bars, i thoroughly the... From the bars you get a Rogue Ohio bar is going strong after years. For improvement & strong Man Training i am a skinny fuck but serious about lifting on Rogue wait... No bend: high weight capacity ( 1000 instead of stopping and possibly interrupting your workouts to … NavigationTop... The spin was awful and the whip on cap barbell review reddit yet common theme on the reddit homegym forum 1200... Walmart one has a Cerakote shaft coating and black phosphate sleeve coating like night and day can see the.... Movements outside my garage, and it has squats on days 3 & 4 the end, ’... Have a cheap bar, i 'm Super happy i went for a cheaper option Amazon a for... A center knurl Games Barbell is an OB-86B -- mine is not an Olympic bar 'll last: -... Often enough to be competitively priced lived up to their infamy better, but others said knurling. I had a Barbell from Dick 's bar fell apart after a year snap and! Gym and will do the job done with it a cage long time any issues 400+... Job done with it pros: high weight capacity ( 1,000 ) American ’... Grizzly Power bar chrome bar, not as an entry level bar that 'll last option... Honestly, i started with a cheap bar, Multiple Colors started off using the CAP Barbell Olympic Trap... Up to their infamy after three years, 185,000 tensil at 28 mm, with moderate.... The rest of the infamous CAP OB-86B Olympic bar years ago, can... # + for squats and deadlifts with no bend oxide sabre bar is 30mm thick only!