This product is matched to user comments in this post. You guys are really lost. . Industrial ice cream and sorbet is allowed while pregnant. Can I eat the laughing cow when pregnant ? Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress. Only files 8MB or smaller of the following types are supported: JPEG, PNG, GIF. Reply. you'll be fine. That is hilarious I just got back from getting ice cream and was wondering the same thing! Who has never desired ice cream, especially in the hot summer months. Yea they dont use raw egg eat up! Glad you asked, I love that stuff. There are 3 ranges of ice cream: industrial, homemade and artisanal sold by specialized stores. The 2nd risk of infection is Salmonella , a bacterium found in eggs. there isn't raw eggs in cookie dough ice cream. In fact, I'd give ice cream an A: it has calcium, protein, fat. We will not give a clear-cut answer, because there are cases where it is possible to eat ice cream and others not. Can I eat Cookie dough ice cream while pregnant? Get expert guidance from the world's #1 pregnancy and parenting resource, delivered via email, our apps, and website. But is it safe to eat cookie dough ice cream when we are pregnant? Share Your Updates With Family And Friends Every Week. There are different problems associated with ice cream eating. My dr just told me for anything mass produced the eggs have to be eradicated (sp) so they are safe to eat. The chapter below gives you the authorized ice cream categories. I know that you have a risk of getting salmonella if you eat raw cookie dough, but I heard that if its made with pastuerized eggs then its safe to eat. Home / Community / Free for All / Is it ok to eat cookie dough ice cream during pregnancy? You don’t know if you’re going to be able to eat cookie dough ice cream when you’re pregnant. Lv 6. Sorbet are often made with water and fruits. Londanmhuff. Is it ok to eat cookie dough ice cream during pregnancy? Sep 15th '08. To convince you of the complexity of the information, it is also difficult to verify how the ingredients necessary for the composition of these ice creams are preserved and whether the cold chain has been respected. Arizona, 1 child; Bolingbrook, Illinois, 4 kids; Saskatchewan, 1 child; BR, ON, Canada, 1 child; Texas, 4 kids; 2 angel babies; Pennsylvania, 2 kids; California. If one of these questions is positive, do not buy the ice cream. Is it ok to eat cookie dough ice cream during pregnancy? I'm jealous I have gestational diabetes, I can't eat anything like that, and I would love to. I ate it the whole time I was preggo, and everything was fine, plus I dont think its real cookie dough! Below are the two categories of ice cream allowed during pregnancy. lol, 3rd post in 3 days i think. In the next chapter, we will explain any concerns about ice related infections. Then ask how the eggs (raw, snow), milk (raw, unpasteurized) and cream (unpasteurized) were placed. Can you eat ice cream when pregnant? Can I eat white ham pizza when pregnant ? The risk is to infect the baby during the consumption of ice cream made from raw milk or unpasteurized cream/milk. There are different problems associated with ice cream eating. But, I thought that you were supposed to avoid raw things because of bacteria. Ice cream and sorbets industrial are safe. I would … I've been eating it the whole time  and I never even thought of that! … 1 Reply. You don’t understand if you have the possibility to eat cookie dough ice cream while pregnant. Jw...but does anyone knw the answer to that? For the fastest help on, More posts in "July 2011 Birth Club" group, Create a post in "July 2011 Birth Club" group, Mommies Post Partum Depression and Anxiety, the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. I bought some ice cream at the store the other day, and of course my favorite is chocolate chip cookie dough. 0 0. BabyCenter aims to share products and services we hope you'll find interesting and helpful. Just make your own cookie dough, and don't eat it after it's sat for a while. Hey. Don't eat raw cookie dough of course, but the stuff that is put in the ice cream is perfectly safe. Can I eat chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream while pregnant? Most of them are infectious. You find out now if you will be able to eat cookie dough ice cream while pregnant. Enjoy it sounds yummy! I know that theoretically, cookie dough means raw egg, and raw anything is bad. 0 0 ~KGB~ Kaitlyn's mommy. Good Luck! I have been craving ben and jerrys half baked! I have a really really bad craving for their cookie dough mixed in with cake batter ice cream. Mommy ♥'s Charli 17 kids; Arizona 3089 posts . If you go for artisanal ice cream or ice cream, ask the seller if it contains eggs, milk or fresh cream. 17 kids; lol. For homemade ice cream, you can make the same arrangements as mentioned above. Relevance. You can buy the ice cream seller a fruit sorbet. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Is it ok to eat cookie dough ice cream during pregnancy? Can I eat pastry Christmas log when pregnant ? 8). but yes you can eat it, I would of guessed not a good idea, but glad to know it's ok then, It's ALWAYS ok to eat Cookie Dough Ice Cream!!! With thousands of award-winning articles and community groups, you can track your pregnancy and baby's growth, get answers to your toughest questions, and connect with moms, dads, and expectant parents just like you. I'll live vicariously through you! 14 Answers. Anonymous. I eat it and I don't think it's real cookie dough anyway . I want some but i dont wanna get sick from it or it harm the baby bcuz of raw eggs in …