In this chapter, we will understand the Environment Variables, General Configuration, Database Configuration and Email Configuration in CakePHP.. Configuration CakePHP comes with one configuration file by default, and we can modify it according to our needs. I guess for all intents and purposes, the OP could create a symbolic link to the elements directory in webroot and load them that way too. A CakePHP plugin providing EASY content management, inspired by Wildflower, Magento and CMS Made Simple mtancoigne / superBake Admin Interface has:config has:controller has:elements has:helper has:lib has:model has:readme has:resource has:shell has:view version:2.x text Text to include inside the audio/video tag Set to true to not trigger notices. This option is deprecated, and will be removed in CakePHP 3.0. If tag is not provided it's guessed based on file's mime type. the first option is ‘Day’), you can supply the text in the 'empty' parameter. Possible values 'asc', 'desc'. And I want to use them in my application. CakePHP - Helper with tutorial and examples on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, XHTML, Java, .Net, PHP, C, C++, Python, JSP, Spring, Bootstrap, jQuery, Interview Questions etc. If you have some really generic code it should be a lib or put it in the Utility folder / namespace or create a new namespace. @Chad: I think the OP thought "since I already have the element why not load it directly" without realizing what you mention here. Defaults to false. - ignoreMissing - Used to allow missing elements. Default 'desc' value The selected value of the input. In cakephp 2 I was using Lib/Util folder for this operation. orderYear - Ordering of year values in select options. CakePHP comes with different configuration options. - callbacks - Set to true to fire beforeRender and afterRender helper callbacks for this element. text Text to include inside the audio/video tag But it seems like in Cakephp 3 I should put them into vendor folder and load them. I dont want to share its code publicly. To create an empty option element with a prompt text of your choosing (e.g. If tag is not provided it's guessed based on file's mime type. It can be considered as mini-view. ... To provide characteristics in case your separator is divided into two elements. These vendor files doesn't belong to a online repo. Load an element from a specific plugin. If no configuration is given or for each missing configuration element the one used is the default. View Elements. Returns a SELECT element for years. For example: If a string, that string is displayed as the empty element. Elements are the small block of layout code, that can be re-used in any page by calling in default.ctp or layout.ctp file to avoid re-writing code. Components in CakePHP 1.3; Components in CakePHP 2.x; Components in CakePHP 3.x; To share re-usable code between models it would be a behavior. tag Type of media element to generate, either "audio" or "video". It is like ad boxes, sliders, navigation, etc. tag Type of media element to generate, either "audio" or "video". There is one dedicated folder “config” for this purpose. No. Use Plugin.element_name instead. For a view it would be a helper. Creates a select element populated with the (numerical) days of the month. In your controller you need to load the component with the configurations required for each type of photo crop. I have my custom static utility classes. Attributes: empty - If true, the empty select option is shown. If tag is not provided it's guessed based on file's mime type. If tag is not provided it's guessed based on file's mime type.