Straight after qualifying, you could be working for one school or a chain of multiple schools, running a multi-million £ budget whilst helping improve the lives of teachers and students across the country.

How long did you do IT Audit before that opportunity presented itself? Without even fully exploring the full extent of the commercial & strategic exit opportunities available to accountants & auditors, TS roles are idolized, often with the overarching goal of getting into M&A, Private Equity (PE) and/or becoming a C-Suite / Senior Executive. FAQ – Should you leave Audit and Accounting before finishing your qualification? TS will be responsible for auditing / verifying the accuracy of financials provided by senior management of the target company and working with the in-house Finance team to feed into the valuation models held by the Corp Dev team.

Any accounting roles that are comparable in salary require direct accounting experience. Exit Ops for Finance Analyst at an Investment Bank Will I be considered a failure if I go into big4 audit Audit career Big4 Corporate Tax or Audit at Big 4 (Better Opportunities…

Here’s a role where you could put use your skills to use for implementing massive … Did they teach you not to capitalize the first word of a sentence? We draw upon our extensive personal and successful client experiences to advise on anything from CV/Resume/document and profile editing (e.g.

Here’s a role where you could put use your skills to use for implementing massive scale, massive impact projects (think: building dams, airports, energy infrastructure). This mini-series intended to give you a quick and dirty overview to some of the most talked about Accounting & Audit exit opportunities.

What clients, teams, senior partners etc. Has anyone here made a move out of Internal Audit? Going against the grain and doing something different to your peers and current colleagues might seem like a scary prospect. Or how about personalised advice from one of our Co-Founders?

move from Audit to Transaction Services / Transaction Advisory Services (TS). Switched from Big 4 IT audit to eGRC consulting. someone with deep expertise in a specific industry area). If you apply for TS you’ll be competing against a vast number of newly-qualified Accountants for the very few available openings. I was able to get involved with the data analytics group where I then split my time with IT audit. alongside a healthy salary, pension and, The 2 years spent at the consultancy were, There are plenty of roles out there like this – and with, Other than Investment Banking & Corporate Finance, other paths you’ll probably hear, Product Control within an investment bank, Staying on within your existing role to work your way up the ranks. will I get exposure to? Spice up your CV/Resume for the post-accounting & audit world. The detailed job spec might include most of the following: A school is just another type of business, and being a Bursar is basically like being a CFO.

Close. Despite the lucrative bonus packages, on an hourly basis junior M&A Analysts are often making just £10 an hour … hardly worth writing home about.

Hey man, curious as to what you do exactly as an IT consultant. Upon entering Corporate Finance, TS or Advisory after qualifying, The long hours, repetitive work and stress are – quite simply –. I work in Higher Ed.

Fantastic leverage to bargain for a nice compensation & benefits package . We’ve combined our tried-and-tested experience and intel (incl. IT Audit Exit Opportunities. There are definitely internal opportunities; I’m not looking to leave my agency, necessarily. This particular post covered Big 4 Financial Due Diligence (FDD) – a subset of the Transaction Services (TS) department, with other roles coming soon! Audit Exit Opportunities – Case Study: How to move from Accounting to a tech start-up.

I lucked out to interview with people that had wonderful experiences with their own internal auditors and are really excited about my background. We’ve been where you are and can help you forge your swift exit. Has anyone here made a move out of Internal Audit? Other than Investment Banking & Corporate Finance, other paths you’ll probably hear most of your newly-qualified Accounting peers considering will probably include: It’s important to consider exactly what skills you will develop within these roles and where they have the power to take you. But I promise you … if you do the research, commit to making the leap, and get recruiters to take you seriously, you will not regret it. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 | TheSwiftExit.com.All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions, Break out of Accounting & Audit | Advice, Articles & Community | TheSwiftExit, At some point, almost every Accountant we know has mentioned, exit opportunities available to accountants & auditors, For those of you who are certain Transaction Services (TS) is where you’re going, why not check out our 3-part post where we’ve broken down the fundamental ways to help you stand out from your peers and make the, move from Audit to Transaction Services / Transaction Advisory Services (TS), It’s no secret that the hours within Transaction Services, Corporate Finance & Investment Banking are a killer. If you step away from the herd (whom are probably busy charging towards TS) there are roles far easier to secure because of the lower competition AND which actually involve MORE exposure to strategic work and senior level executives. A lot of the clients we coach ask about moving into more strategic & commercial roles after spending time in traditional accounting & audit, but don’t know where to start or even what opportunities exist …so-much-so that we’ve put together a map of the landscape of accounting exit opportunities, which I encourage you to check out! Yes, but it would probably be a demotion. In fact, the company will likely pay for Corporate Finance training of some kind when they get senior enough.

This particular post covered Big 4 Financial Due Diligence (FDD) – a subset of the Transaction Services (TS) department, with other roles coming soon! Your email address will not be published. We’ve created a digital guide specifically to help those of you applying for more commercial & strategic roles. Career. Those high-performing peers of yours at the top of the class will have first choice on the better roles. gained exposure to a client base of large and small corporates, private equity companies and governments; had unlimited opportunity to build my commercial & strategic skill set; was regularly wined & dined by senior executives, lawyers & bankers; received double-pay overtime (yes, overtime!) the myth of becoming CEO via the Accountancy route, CV/Resume advice for Accountants/Auditors. …but that’s the best place to start!Knowing the full extent of exit opportunities available to you, how you are positioned relative to them, and the hurdles you might need to jump over, is the most effective way to plan your route in. Further, skill sets like those you get in TS tend to lose importance as you progress in most careers.