Well, this one is…. This has been a heck of a quest. Whew, it feels good just to slow down! The Swamp of Sadness is a deadly swamp that symbolically represents pure sorrow and misery, and is an early location in Fantasia in The Neverending Story. I think I actually felt tears running down my cheeks when I watched this as a kid. ( Log Out /  Snap out of it, Artax, you’re all right. Atreyu knows that the swamp of sadness will only suck you down if you stop believing you can walk through the swamp. And of course she isn’t much help since she’s so dismissive that all hope seems to flee the moment she’s finished speaking. What the heck? The Evil Wiki is a FANDOM Books Community. Losing Artax is only the beginning, as he must eventually find and speak to the ancient tortoise, Morla. Atreyu knew exactly that the swamp sucks you down if you stop believing you can walk in the swamp. And that’s what happened to Artax, who stopped believing in himself and, as a result, sadness overtook him. I mean, galloping across the Grassy Plains with Atreyu is my idea of a perfect afternoon, but this has been nonstop! You can’t Aw, shucks, he can’t understand me. ( Log Out /  I mean, galloping across the Grassy Plains with Atreyu is my idea of a perfect afternoon, but this has been nonstop! Artax Sinking into The Swamp of Sadness in “The Neverending Story” Might be the Saddest Movie Scene Ever . 06. 09. In a list He’s a man on a mission today. Experiences art Let us move now on to introducing the second part of this explanation, related to the point symbol, which is inside the circle. In detail, this aspect is particularly crucial in the symbol of the monad, since the ascensional movement of the spirit must necessarily be an autonomous action, not depending on external elements. Barely makes any sense, if you think about it. The Swamps of Sadness is a location in Fantastica in Michael Ende's novel The Neverending Story. I admire that. He’s not even turning around. He has a brief respite when he meets Falkor, Urgl, and Engywook, but not for too long. Tom 3 years ago. Melancholy, that’s it. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Star Wars, Goonies, Game of Thrones, from fantasy to science fiction to the dramatic and silly, Tom is all about the greatest and most insane stories that can be found. The Imaginary Pitch Meeting That led to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Eight DC Comics Characters That Need To Be In The Next Suicide Squad Movie, The Pros and Cons of Making a Wedding Crashers 2, The Impact 2001: A Space Odyssey Had on Star Trek, 10 Things You Didn’t Know about Kristen Welker, 10 Things You Didn’t Know about Sofie Grabol, 10 Things You Didn’t Know about Christina Cole. Ain’t no carrots in this swamp — ha! Atreyu desperately struggles to free him, but Artax just sinks deeper and deeper. Atreyu does not have an easy mission and going it alone is even harder when you’re slogging through a place known as Swamps of Sadness. I wish I could talk. I’m feeling pretty crummy, if I’m honest with myself. Additionally, persistent anxiety and depression might lead to self – harming behaviour and, in the most extreme cases, to suicide. If I say the names Atreyu and Artax and tears don't immediately well up in your eyes, you're too young. Artax Sinking into The Swamp of Sadness in “The Neverending Story” Might be the Saddest Movie Scene Ever, Five Classic Movie Comedies that Could Easily Be Made Into TV Shows. What Artax The Horse Was Thinking Before He Sank Into The Swamps Of Sadness: Another Neverending Story By: Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer@gmail.com. it still haunts me to this day. Artax, why couldn't you give a shit? Amazing. The Swamp of Sadness does what it says on the label – overwhelms its victims with hopelessness and depression, so they lose the will to go on. I’m not clear on the specific parameters of the quest. Did You Know Marvel Made a Freddy Kreuger Comic in 1989? Artax, please. you can lead a horse to water but MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LED ARTAX TO THE SINKING SWAMP OF SADNESS, ATREYU, YOU DUMB SHIT. It is where the giant turtle Morla, the Ancient One, lives, and where he informs Atreyu of the remaining distance for his journey to reach the Southern Oracle, ten thousand miles away. Of movies SoundCloud. Take a trip down memory lane that’ll make you feel nostalgia AF. Artax died in the swamp of sadness due to deeper and deeper depression into which he had fallen. I’m, like, four feet tall all of a sudden. Although the graphic representation of the circle symbol is strictly linked to the notions of negative repetitiveness, persecution and constantly suffered offenses, our attention is instead focused on the concepts of anxiety, depression and lack of self – control (which are also expressed by the circle). 02. Atreyu knew exactly that the swamp sucks you down if you stop believing you can walk in the swamp. the gravitational attraction exerted on us by evil. (Artax doesn't move and Atreyu slaps the puddle sending water flying toward the horse. Lousy quest. Five Reasons Why DeSaad Deserves a Solo Movie, What We Learned from The Batman: Three Jokers Trailer, The One DC Character Who Can’t Stand His Own Super Powers. Wow, this mud is relentless. You’re on an adventure! You have to try, you have to care. He soon becomes stuck. Why no gift of speech for ol’ Artax? Bastian uses his imagination to restore Fantasia to its former glory, and Atreyu is seen riding Artax across his homeland in the Grassy Plains. https://t.co/eP4nM7gpHK, 10 SADDEST MOVIE SCENES OF ALL TIME, RANKED: Check Out Mario & Luigi: Super Anime Brothers, Check Out Rambo Fight in the Mortal Kombat 11 Trailer, Guy Spends 2 Years Making a Video Game to Propose to His Girlfriend, Video Proves That Mario’s Brother Luigi is a Monster, Thirty Minutes of Rain From Thirty Different Video Games. Soon enough the young warrior learns that the quest he’s been sent on is far more serious than he realizes. Who do you think you are with your shirt open to the navel? The sadness Whatever Happened to Bastian From Neverending Story? therapist: so where did your problems begin? 10. Hope we find them soon! Artax died in the swamp of sadness due to deeper and deeper depression into which he had fallen. the gravitational and the ascensional ones, they are symbolized respectively by the down and up arrows, also included within the philosophical symbolic system. Quest. I’m such a worthless slacker. Artax, you're sinking! Eventually without Artax he begins to falter, tripping through mud and muck with each step as the dreaded enemy known as the Gmork continues to hound him, gaining ground with each stride and hungrily making his way towards Atreyu. In fact Atreyu, who did not experience feelings such as depression and sadness, was not affected by the force of the swamp. Apparently. Aw, quit your whining, Artax. Users who like ARTAX DIES IN THE SWAMP OF SADNESS, Users who reposted ARTAX DIES IN THE SWAMP OF SADNESS, Playlists containing ARTAX DIES IN THE SWAMP OF SADNESS, More tracks like ARTAX DIES IN THE SWAMP OF SADNESS. Anyone who becomes depressed while in the swampland sinks into the mud and drowns. Are Actors Trained for Fighting in Movies Actually Good Fighters? You're letting the sadness of the swamps get to you. And I bet my foals think I’m a deadbeat sire. ‘Course I never was the sharpest nail in the horseshoe. It is a barren swampland with quicksand-like mud pools. You know what I'm talking about. Legends say that whoever lets despair overtake him or her will sink into the swamp. That’s okay — the quest must be really important or Atreyu wouldn’t be so serious about it. What a dumb word. He’s been talking about the Childlike Empress and the Nothing and blah blah human blah for days. Wow, I’m not budging. Atreyu is protected from the Swamp of Sadness by the Auryn that the Childlike Empress gave him, but Artax has no such luck. He soon becomes … I am officially stuck in the mud. It's an absolutely horrific scene, and it's made even worse when you realise that Artax is being swallowed by his own despair. Obsessed with travel? Indeed, the spiritual positivity expressed by the point exerts an upward action whereby we are relieved from the gravitational evil attraction. In an individual and … Last night he didn’t even read to me. Is your network connection unstable or browser outdated? i’m sure 87% of my depression is from that scene. For me, I'm your friend, I love you. 01. 08. Self care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life. 10 Movies That Capture the High School Experience Best, Five Classic Movie Comedies that Could Easily …, Video: Could Robert Pattinson be the Next …, New “Zoolander 2” Trailer Brings Stupidity and …, 10 Things You Didn’t Know about TLC’s “I Love a Mama’s Boy”, Five Characters We Could Use a Little Less of on Cobra Kai, Heath Ledger Has a Connection To The Queen’s Gambit, Author Mo Willems’ Books Are Getting the TV Treatment. 03. Atreyu! Reporting on what you care about. Why are there racing snails and giant bats and flying dragon dogs all over the place, but no talking horses?