Book Summary: Antifragile by Nassim Taleb March 12, 2016 March 12, 2016 Kirtika 4 Comments Antifragile – a term used to mean the opposite of fragile, and denote things that gain from disorder, chaos, stressors. He gets in Twitter fights, eats a lot of squid ink pasta, but also has many fans. An antifragile ego will do just that. Some events or objects are anti-fragile. Important Note: This is an audiobook summary of Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb - this is not the original audiobook. Check out this great listen on Audible.com. An investigation into how luck, uncertainty, and randomness come to play in a world we don’t understand. And this is the correct answer. But if I ask you what Antifragile is. This Summary is perfect for the time-crunched reader, the last-minute studier, or anyone who wants a solid overall understanding of the original book. Antifragile – by Nassim Taleb ‘Things that gain from disorder’ Wind extinguishes a candle but energises fire. Antifragile means the more you attack it, the stronger it gets. If they come out confusing, it's my fault - read the book :) Unlike many books of this genre, which spend 200 pages padding a 5 page idea, Antifragile is a fractal of a book, taking it's central ideas and examining and applying them in myriad ways. You want to be the fire and wish for the wind. CHAPTER 2. Others are fragile. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. Fragile-Robust-Antifragile as Damocles-Phoenix-Hydra. Book Summary of Taleb’s Antifragile. Favorite Quote Wouldn’t it be great if the more you fail the stronger you get? Domain dependence. Nassim Taleb tackled this very question in his latest book, Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder, which built off his previous works and applies the lessons learned to today's biggest challenges. Acute stressors increase antifragility. On this episode of the podcast, I'm giving you a sample audiobook summary of one of my ALL-time favorite books: Antifragile by Nassim Taleb. We publish a new book summary every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2 PM Central European (Summer) Time. First of all, this has nothing to do with the (in my opinion good) movie Black Swan. The book has many more examples and insights, but is no light read, so if you haven’t fully grasped the ideas behind antifragility yet, check out Blinkist’s summary and use it to build the confidence to make Antifragile your bedtime read – you’ll learn a lot! In the same way, we want not just to survive uncertainty, but be strengthened by it. BOOK I: THE ANTIFRAGILE: AN INTRODUCTION CHAPTER 1. Read 3 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. Book Summary of Antifragile: Things that Gain From Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb Notes The wind energizes the fire and extinguishes the candle. Start reading, start learning! “Antifragile PDF Summary” It seems like Nassim Nicholas Taleb continues to impress with his ideas. The central theme of the book is “antifragility,” which Taleb defines in the Prologue: “Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. For example, glass, etc. I'll try to mention a few major ideas. CHAPTER 3. Antifragile | In this episode, we'll take a look at several Big Ideas from our audiobook summary of Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. When we can build antifragile systems which can thrive in uncertainty. The opposite of fragility is not robustness, because robustness only indicates the ability to withstand uncertainty.… snake appearing out of nowhere) and end with conquering or containing that challenge. Antifragility is a property of systems in which they increase in capability to thrive as a result of stressors, shocks, volatility, noise, mistakes, faults, attacks, or failures. Antifragile_-_Nassim_Nicholas_Taleb Run time 00:19:20 Scanner Internet Archive Python library 0.8.1 Year 2013 Youtube-height 720 Youtube-id k4MhC5tcEv0 Youtube-n-entries 863 Youtube-playlist theRSAorg Youtube-playlist-index 336 Youtube-uploader The RSA Youtube-uploader-id theRSAorg Youtube-view-count 61618 Youtube-webpage-url Likewise with randomness/uncertainty/chaos, you want to be able to use them, not to hide from them. Where we find overcompensation. Nassim Nicholas Taleb, the bestselling author of The Black … At the conference, Taleb examined how small doses of volatility can … So you would say that thing if a force is applied to them, they will break. Why This Book Matters: In a world where we try to avoid volatility and uncertainty like the plague, this book explains why we need to do exactly the opposite: become antifragile. You can receive them as soon as they’re released or in one convenient, weekly roundup. Antifragile doesn’t mean strong, because strong is still defined by its breaking point. Antifragile examines why this is, what we can learn from it and how to be more aware of these principles at work in our own lives. As Taleb explains in his book, antifragility is fundamentally different from the concepts of resiliency (i.e. Taleb starts by providing a basic definition that will be the focus of the entire book. Here are my main takeaways: Book Summary: Antifragile by Nassim Taleb are relatively infrequent events, that start with an unexpected challenge (e.g. Author : Jim Roberts; Publisher : BookRix; Release Date : 2020-03-27; Genre: Business & Economics; Pages : 32; ISBN 10 : 9783748721444; GET BOOK. ISBN: 978-1400067824 Also available in audiobook Antifragile is a standalone book in Nassim Nicholas Taleb’s landmark Incerto series, an investigation of opacity, luck, uncertainty, probability, human error, risk, and decision-making in a world we don’t understand. The problem with Antifragile is that it is a deeply antisocial book. Book Summary: Antifragile. The Antifragile. Explains how we missed the word “antifragility” in classrooms. Find out why Taleb claims that the success of modern society depends on people … A Summary of ‘Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder’ by Nassim Nicholas Taleb ” george on December 20, 2012 at 9:15 pm said: Agree that your summary…easier to understand than the book…prefer the organization. Most people think … This book has done more to reshape my view on risk and how to address it. He didn’t like it. Antifragile Summary. Book I: The Antifragile: An Introduction Chapter 1: Between Damocles and Hydra. Short Summary. "Antifragile" is a book that is difficult to summarize. Book Summary|Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb Where do the world’s smartest people get their ideas? Welcome to Four Minute Books. Summary of Antifragile book. Antifragile is a stand-alone book in Nassim Nicholas Taleb's landmark Incerto series, an investigation of opacity, luck, uncertainty, probability, human error, risk, and decision-making in a world we don't understand. Antifragile is the fourth. Apr 4 2019. I enjoy his writing and, among all his books, think Antifragile is the most complete description of his philosophy on life and markets. Important note: This is an audiobook summary of Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb - this is not the original audiobook. Antifragile Book Summary Difference between Fragile & Antifragile If I were to ask you what Fragile Things are. Summary of Nassim Nicholas Taleb s Antifragile by Milkyway Media Book Description : More Margin Checklists for an antifragile life. Check out this great listen on Audible.com. Today’s agile book summary comes from our Principal Consultant Patrick Wilhelm. Nassim Nicholas Taleb’s book Antifragile discusses the ways that some systems benefit from, or even require, volatility and unpredictability. From great books! Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder is a book by Nassim Nicholas Taleb published on So although the book has a table of contents, chapter summaries and map, a summary of the book is difficult to discern as the content headers Since we cannot rely on our predictions, we must actively seek to reduce our downside, thus becoming more antifragile. Get 2 Premium Book Summaries (For Free!) What does Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder say to its readers? Antifragile is about how we should measure risk. The concept was developed by Nassim Nicholas Taleb in his book, Antifragile, and in technical papers. This fantastic book serves as a reminder that we are becoming too “Fragile.” If you not convinced about the meaning let’s share a thing or two. From the best-selling author of The Black Swan and one of the foremost thinkers of our time, Nassim Nicholas Taleb, a book on how some things actually benefit from disorder. Antifragile is not strong or robust, it’s the opposite of fragile, which means that the more you attack it, the stronger it gets. Antifragile is a concept Nassima Taleb came up with in the homonymos book. How can it navigate you especially in times of insecurity like the ones we live in now? Antifragile is a standalone book in Nassim Nicholas Taleb's landmark Incerto series, an investigation of opacity, luck, uncertainty, probability, human error, risk, and decision-making in a world we don't understand.The other books in the series are Fooled by Randomness, The Black Swan, Skin in the Game, and The Bed of Procrustes. Just pick your frequency when you join our free newsletter. Nassim Taleb is a polarizing guy. FlashBooks | Book Summaries for busy people. I am pretty sure people will still be reading Taleb's two previous books in 10 years' time. This microbook is a summary/original review based on the book: Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder Available for: Read online, read in our mobile apps for iPhone/Android and send in PDF/EPUB/MOBI to Amazon Kindle. Obsessive love is the most antifragile thing outside of economics. One of my friends studied economics in college. Book summary: Antifragile – Things That Gain From Disorder. This book is about statistics, probability, and how we often falsely use those to estimate the likelihood of real-life events. Buy Antifragile: Things that Gain from Disorder 01 by Taleb, Nassim Nicholas (ISBN: 9780141038223) from Amazon's Book Store. The greatest strength is to avoid being at the mercy of other people, events or circumstances. Antifragile is a standalone book in Nassim Nicholas Taleb’s landmark Incerto series, an investigation of opacity, luck, uncertainty, probability, human error, risk, and decision-making in a world we don’t understand.