We don't currently have any monologues from The Octoroon. You can find the original script here, where you can read it online or download it as a PDF. Sorry! Start: Last summer I lost my favourite... **Start**: Jacobs-Jenkins reframes Boucicault's play using its original characters and plot, speaking much of Boucicault's dialogue, and critiques its portrayal of race using Brechtian elements. Start: I know, right? New York, NY, Twelve Angry Men Start: I know, right? I think it’s important to re-connect with things you feel or have felt positive feelings for.” So I did. Jersey Boys All monologues are property and copyright of their owners. A theatrical, melodramatic reality is created to tell the story of an octoroon woman (a person who is ⅛ black) named Zoe and her quest for identity and love. Join the StageAgent community New York, NY, Twelve Angry Men Philadelphia, PA, Accessibility Statement Terms Privacy |StageAgent © 2020. library of free monologues. Nightwood Theatre – Lawyer Show 2011 – As You Like It – Men’s Monologues X 5 Monologue #5 Second Page It was a lover and his lass, With a hey, and a ho, and a hey nonino, That o'er the green corn-field did pass In the spring time, the only pretty ring time, When birds do sing, hey ding a ding, ding. Grace is such a mess. Residing comfortably in the world of unrealistic plot twists and comically heightened emotions, An Octoroon does well to retain its source material’s spirit. Research Playwrights, Librettists, Composers and Lyricists, See more monologues from It is an adaptation of Dion Boucicault's The Octoroon, which premiered in 1859. An Octoroon is a play written by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins. Let me tell you that, than... I’m much more dignified on the stage tha... Gluten Free Gay Murder Mysteries" - Radio Play. Gain full access to show guides, character breakdowns, auditions, monologues and more! Join StageAgent today and unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. Start: I know, right? to learn more about this monologue from An Octoroon and unlock other amazing theatre resources! Sign up today to unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. She has. Cheshire, CT, Pericles For the most part, Jacobs-Jenkins executes the bulk of his script updates to great effect. Philadelphia, PA, Accessibility Statement Terms Privacy |StageAgent © 2020. If you would like to give a public performance of this monologue, please obtain … Selected monologues from An Octoroon including video examples, context and character information. We don't currently have any monologues from The Octoroon. End: I ain’t never met a white person in my life who try’na help you escape from slavery. Join StageAgent today and unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. Sign up today to unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. Cheshire, CT, Pericles Take a look at our library of free monologues. Sign up today to unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. Why don’t you try adapting this ‘Octoroon’ — for fun. Join StageAgent today and unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. Accessibility Statement Terms Privacy |StageAgent © 2020. Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, Minnie is a slave at the Terrebonne Plantation in Louisiana. to learn more about this monologue from An Octoroon and unlock other amazing theatre resources! The audience is catapulted into a space that plays to their stereotypes and questions our society’s relationship to humanity and our history. The Terrebonne plantation is in upheaval – the Master has died. Upgrade to PRO An Octoroon is a play written by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins. It’s a play within a play. Minnie's Monologue from An Octoroon including context, text and video example. Research Playwrights, Librettists, Composers and Lyricists. But then all the white guys quit. Gain full access to show guides, character breakdowns, auditions, monologues and more! An Octoroon is an adaptation/re-interpretation of Dion Boucicault’s The Octoroon, which premiered in 1859–six years before the 13th Amendment passed, ending slavery. Like, you know? Jersey Boys Research Playwrights, Librettists, Composers and Lyricists. However, we have dozens of other monologues that you can read. Gain full access to show guides, character breakdowns, auditions, monologues and more. Sweet lovers love the spring. Take a look at our And then I couldn’t find any more white guys to play any of the white guy parts, because they all felt it was too “melodramatic.” I went back to my therapist and she was Grace’s a@# always... Gluten Free Gay Murder Mysteries" - Radio Play. Monologues are presented on StageAgent for educational purposes only. Grace’s a@# always talking about running away not that Massa dead and I’m like, B$!ch, you need to calm your busbody a@# down. However, we have dozens of other monologues that you can read. Jacobs-Jenkins, Branden, An Octoroon, Dramatist Play Service Inc., 2015, p. 19. Or I tried to. It is an adaptation of Dion Boucicault’s The Octoroon, which premiered in 1859.