It's a lot more teenaged and romantically themed that the superior French original "The Night Ate the World" which I really enjoyed much more. It became the first film to surpass 1 million since February 2020. Sacrificing common sense for cinematic shots omg. Copyright © Fandango. Realizing that they will die if they stay put, the pair rappel from their balconies, recover the policewoman's revolver, and fight their way to the 8th floor of Joon-woo's apartment together, determining that the floor is safe. Regal Some say that it is similar to The Night eats the World which i havent seen yet. The ending literally annoyed the hell out of me. India News . English, English, Spanish, Korean, Simplified Chinese, … [34], "Yoo Ah-in, Park Shin-hye team up in zombie horror film '#Alive, "Despite appearances, #Alive is most definitely not a zombie movie", "Korean zombies will make you feel '#Alive, "In '#Alive,' two survivors struggle to escape zombie-hit homes", "#Alive Starring Yoo Ah-in and Park Shin-hye, Confirmed for September 8 Release on Netflix", "Yoo Ah-in and Park Shin-hye Sign on to #Alone", "[단독]'타인은 지옥이다' 이현욱, '#ALONE' 캐스팅..유아인X박신혜 호흡", "Zombie Thriller Starring Yoo Ah-in, Park Shin-hye Due out Next Month", "Park Shin-hye's Zombie Thriller '#Alive' Sets Netflix Premiere", "Ahead of 'Peninsula', another zombie thriller dominates South Korean box office", "Zombie flick '#ALIVE' sells more than 200,000 tickets on opening day", "Movie lovers start to return to theaters thanks to '#Alive, "[공식] '#살아있다', 코로나19 속 개봉 5일만 100만 돌파…'유아인X박신혜 특별한 감사 인사, "[HanCinema's News] "#ALIVE" Opens on South Korean VOD Services", "Zombie thriller '#Alive' becomes Netflix's most popular film", "#Alive: Why This Korean Zombie Movie Is Number One On Netflix Worldwide", "Review: Korea's "#Alive" Is a Perfect Zombie Movie for the Coronavirus Era", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alive_(2020_film)&oldid=986503902, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Awards But I was pleasantly surprised with a pretty interesting take on zombie movies. There is an easy pleasure about watching a character in a tough spot think their way through step-by-step. View in Hindi: LIVE TV. Filming took place in Gunsan and wrapped up on December 12, 2019. Yoo-bin is able to wrap a bag over the infected wife's head, then releases the zombie upon her husband. English, English, Spanish, Spanish, Korean - Audio Description, Korean [Original], Korean - Audio Description, Korean [Original], Brazilian Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Thai. WHY EVERY CHARACTER IN ZOMBIE MOVIE ARE DUMB AF AS THEY NEVER SAW A ZOMBIE MOVIE IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE??? You're almost there! 6/10. I feel like i'm watching a CCTV video and observing every moves of the zombies quietly. it was shown in the trailer the use of drone which the viewer would think that it would be a significant tool for them to survived, but it is not useful as you would expect in the trailer. |, October 2, 2020 line and sends him food. Alone by Matt Naylor, who co-adapted his script with Cho. There are no approved quotes yet for this movie. Eventually, he befriends a woman across the courtyard and they rely upon one another from afar as partners in survival. [...] By taking a concept unfamiliar to the sub-genre, #Alive transforms how zombie movies can be handled as well as providing an exploration of the different circumstances individuals find themselves when dealing with the apocalypse. In the stranger's home, the pair accepts his food, which has been drugged. Yes, it was almost like a remake of a French zombie film, "The Night Eats the World," about a male survivor communicating with a female one, down to the zip-lining to the other building. The zombie horror understands the human side to a devastating event which makes it more than just a genre film. Seeing that Joon-woo is hungry, Yoo-bin connects their apartments with a homemade zip The only downside is that sometimes you think, How come zombies don't attack them right away? |, September 22, 2020 On July 11, 2019, Yoo Ah-in and Park Shin-hye joined the cast,[11] followed by Lee Hyun-wook on September 16. | Going into this film I expected an absolute mess, all I had seen was the horrible title. Audio. Aint no wannabe critic. and the Terms and Policies, Please click the link below to receive your verification email. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. Zombies seems a little easily repelled for my liking....but I guess you can't just have the two cast members killed or film over. Coming Soon. He has a very good actor, since he is the one who deals the most with the film. There seemed to be some parallels between the imagined threat here, and the very real threat, Coronavirus. The movie is very easy to follow and is practically wordless for long stretches, relying upon clear and concise visual storytelling to be able to follow one man's plight under the worst of circumstances. Coming Soon. The boy stayed in that building for so long. It becomes more like any other zombie movie. They begin signalling to each other daily. It was just unbearable. Just a one time watch movie out of curiosity. #Alive is a new Korean movie on Netflix that revolves around a zombie apocalypse. My hand usually gets clammy when watching horror movies but not this time.. Those who rate this high, probably theyre fan of the actress but theres nothing really special about it. there are thing that i've noticed in the film that made me rate it lower than 6: If the sequel to Train to Busan (Train to Busan 2 - Peninsula) disappointed you as it has me, this second Korean Zombie flick will make up for it. | Fresh (20) Lee Chae-kyung as the zombified wife of the masked man, This page was last edited on 1 November 2020, at 08:01. Decent horror movie, Its not Train to Busan but it's good enough. It worked with that beautiful middle hour of Cast Away and it works here with #Alive. Trailer: #Alive. But this shud not deter genre fans from watching this. And regarding zombies, the truth is that they are disturbing in a way and if I can consider this movie a little more morbid, you can even see how zombies take their bodies to eat them with others! External Reviews The pair fight their way to the rooftop, chased by the infected. | horror, For the most part. [Full review in Spanish]. While his family is out, the news reports that a mysterious rapidly-spreading disease is causing its victims to attack and eat uninfected people, and the government has lost control. More Details. The film also doesn't pay more attention towards the gore but tension is maintained. |, September 16, 2020 Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! The characters are likable and the boy/girl chemistry between the two lead actors was good.