(An Alaskan moose also holds the record for the heaviest weight at 36 kilograms (79 lb).) One was a moose steak. By the age of 13, moose antlers decline in size and symmetry. Is it wrong to have the desire to be better, to do it bigger? The alaska or yukon moose is the biggest sub species. Where does it stop though? Giant Yukon moose confirmed as world record, CBC's Journalistic Standards and Practices. Last month Heinz Naef of Dawson City and his fellow hunters had to travel more than 10,000 kilometres to Reno, Nev., to have the rack verified. It is a priority for CBC to create a website that is accessible to all Canadians including people with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive challenges. How can we share these experiences with our fellow man? your site and how much I appreciate all the help you give everyone. 3. alaska hunter: kenneth best score: 255 year: 1978 location: mcgrath, ak no one, it seems, is ever looking for a world record moose; they just find one and shoot it. After shooting many brands and makes of rifles and ammo, I Remington 700 CDL 30.06 Springfield is my go-to gun for hunting. The world’s biggest moose is 32 feet tall, and “lives” in norway – photo credit: jan kristoffersen. You Do you hunt trophies to get your name in a record book? Israel Payton, an Alaskan, may have just harvested the world record moose with a successful hunt on this whopping bull. Click the button and find the first one on your computer. Everything about a moose is big! Interesting video about the longest – largest deer that has …. males grow antlers in early spring. Select it and click on the button to choose it.Then click on the link if you want to upload up to 3 more images.Picture file size must be less than 100kb. I know there are lots of opinions out there. hunters and very informative for both new and veteran hunters alike. Hunter Heinz Naef shot what he believes could be the largest moose ever harvested in Yukon last month (Sept. 2013). The biggest moose stands at 7.6 feet tall and weighs 1,807 lbs. But this time it. The chase is wonderful and exhilarating. Again, it's a fantastic site, keep up the great work.". Do we they are the largest deer in the world and the biggest antlered animal in the world. at least that's the case for the top three alaskan yukon moose. Click here to see the rest of the form and complete your submission. Longest tongue on a dog Longest tongue on a dog. Rex J. Nick was hunting near Pilot Station on Native corporation land in Game Management Unit 18, Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta, along the Lower Yukon River on September 26, 2010, when he harvested the new World’s Record Alaska-Yukon moose. Moose are the largest deer of all the deer species. The smallest moose are found in its southernmost populations in Wyoming and Manchuria, where large bulls weigh 300–350 kg … The book includes 57 chapters, with more than 150 pages of information, jam packed with tips, techniques and discussions - The Ultimate Guide to Moose Hunting! In an interview with Pat Lefemine, founder of Bowsite.com, Chuck Adams said (regarding world record animals) “I never discount luck. for 31 years, mac the moose in moose jaw, sask., was the tallest moose statue in the world, standing nearly 10 metres in height. A hunter in search of a world class moose will spend a lot of money and time to achieve his goal. "There was one border guard and he immediately went on the radio and said 'Come on guys, you've got to see this. Follow this link and see how moose hunters are responding to the question. Check Out 4 Of The Biggest Baddest Moose On The Internet. these animals are just amazing i hope you. ultimate goal. Only males have antlers, and they typically spread 64 inches with a weight of 44 pounds. Would You? Select it and click on the button to choose it. Storing moose meat in the freezer or refridgerator is a good thing. Moose are hunted as a game species in many of the countries where they are found. No animal should be killed for the sole purpose to raise a hunters social status, to do so is crossing the ethical line for hunters. They are also the tallest mammals in North America. I suspect that a world record moose would not be worth eating! Find out interesting moose skinning techniques. Thank you the moose is the tallest mammal in north america,stands six feet tall and has huge broad and flat antlers. It is not like you can run up to it and take some measurements! These are tough This moose had antlers that spread approximately 79 inches. When Kenneth Best and hunting partner Art Beatie left camp near McGrath, Alaska, they did so in a 12 ft raft with a 12 ft ceiling of gray, wet clouds hanging over the willows. Of course the argument will be made to take pictures and let the beast live. Caught on Camera several times but never seen in person. In 2004 Eric Arnette scored big, really big. Frank and Louie the cat was born with two faces, two mouths, two noses, three eyes — and lots of doubts about his future. …, Possible World Record Moose This moose would break all records including rifle! Moose meat tastes, wrote Henry David Thoreau in “The Maine Woods”, “like tender beef, with perhaps more flavour; sometimes like veal”. The previous record was 261 5/8. Megaloceros Giganteus. For three decades, the canadian city of moose jaw took pride in its status as the home of the world’s largest moose statue. Tell us why or why not! my mail box. On this episode of the experience we are hunting giant alaskan yukon moose! 6 ReDrop Report. It took the three men an hour to get it in a position just to be butchered. Although moose are typically large animals, they are rather timid and only become bold during the mating season when the males fight for a female mate using both their hooves and their antlers. Learn how you can make your own moose call. an adult female generally weighs 500 700 pounds; an adult male 600 1,000 pounds. | Reference.com. bulls can get 2.5m high at the shoulders (average 2m) and up to 3.1m long at a weight of 1000 kg. Good Killed using a .338 at 50 yards, it was very difficult to take the large moose down - as a matter of fact, it took 40 minutes and two guides to kill the moose. A giant of the species, a huge body and a monstrosity of an antler set, the last of its kind. Information Outfitters - equipping you with over fifty years of outdoors experience! Entering your message is easy to do. The animal had extremely large paddles. Sidebar: You may also be interested in what other hunters are choosing and using for big game rifles. I am a two time World Champion Moose Caller & although I have shot many Moose, mostly Calves, I don't have a …. With big bulls standing nearly seven feet tall and weighing up to 1,500 pounds, moose are massive animals and are the largest species in the deer family.