TORONTO — It's been a meteoric rise for jockey Kazushi Kimura. Below is a table for each race of the day. Welcome to Equibase.com, your official source for horse racing results, mobile racing data, statistics as well as all other horse racing and thoroughbred racing information. We strive to achieve the highest ethical standards in all that we do. on “Just to ride winners and be safe. Simply copy the promo code below & apply it during checkout. Save 50% on an Equibase UNLIMITED PP Subscription. Miller said. Follow horse racing with Alex Hammond on Sky Sports - get live racing results, racecards, news, videos, photos, stats (horses & jockeys), plus daily tips. "When I first met him in April 2018, he didn't speak a lick of English, we communicated through Google translate. 5AM My agent is Canadian and speaking (to him) every single day, that’s helped me learn more quickly.”. There's no doubt Woodbine's competitive jockey colony will look a little different this season with a fresh (albeit masked) face in the mix. "I rode for the Queen," Kimura said, the excitement clearly evident in his voice. TORONTO — It’s been a meteoric rise for jockey Kazushi Kimura. We would like your feedback, please fill in our survey. 2AM That made Kimura the first Woodbine-based jockey to win the award since Omar Moreno in 2010. "To be honest there really isn't room for many more rides in terms of quantity because he's already riding eight, nine times a day," Miller said. Miller said he’s been taken aback by Kimura’s drive and persistence. Jordan Miller, Kimura's agent, doesn't expect his client to get more rides in 2020 as a result of capturing the Eclipse award. He was hell bent on learning the English language and, really, I can’t give him enough credit for that because all he did was go to the track, then go to the library and study.”. I used to set targets; I don't do that anymore. Our newsroom abides by the RTNDA Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and follows the Canadian Press Stylebook. There's no doubt Woodbine's competitive jockey colony will look a little different this season with a fresh (albeit masked) face in the mix. The table is ordered by our algorythmically calculated expected order of finish. "I've just needed more practice speaking. "With Eurico retiring that leaves a void and the top riders are going to be the ones who fill that void. / This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 25, 2020. “I’m so happy about (the last) two years but I feel it’s not enough yet. Keep up to date on late scratches and other changes – those are not taken into consideration. 8:30PM "The only difference coming up is going to be the quality of rides. TSN3, Wed Future Stars Friday/Older Horses on Saturday (current), Fillies and Mares Friday/Colts and Geldings on Saturday (previous), Newest Races Friday/Original Breeders' Cup Races on Saturday, Figure Makers: How Speed Ratings Are Created. His first victory in Canada came June 9 aboard Tornado Cat, a staggering 70-1 longshot, in his 11th career mount. 5:30PM TSN5, Tonight at “When I came to Canada I couldn’t speak English, that’s why I tried talking, reading books and learning. PT Long recognized as Canada’s largest and most innovative horse racing operator, the company has grown into an admired and respected multi-purpose entertainment organization delivering first-class service within its world-class facilities. “Every morning he’d be at the track and do what he had to do, then go to the library and just read books and study with people. Kimura grew up around horses as his father runs a thoroughbred training centre in Hokkaido, Japan. He left home at age 14 to attend the Japan Racing School in Shiroi City, Chiba Prefecture, and remained there for two-and-a-half years. I rode five or six [Tuesday] morning as well so it's like being a free man again,” laughed Holland, who last raced in Mauritius in December. Last year, Kimura won 148 races, including 146 at Woodbine. Proprietary to and © 2019 Equibase Company LLC. Phone: 306-763-7421Newsroom: 306-922-6397. Valid for one time use only. Exclusive offer for our best customers - Get an UNLIMITED PP subscription at a special price! “That was a wonderful experience and opportunity. Such a decorated start will certainly increase the weight of expectation on Kimura’s shoulders in 2020. My agent is Canadian and speaking (to him) every single day, that's helped me learn more quickly.". I will stay hungry and be strong.". Offer expires after 30 days. All he cares about is being the best and luckily he has all the traits to be the best.”. You reached this page when attempting to access https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbTopLeadersByTrackDisplay.cfm?TRK=WO&CY=CAN&STAT=J from 91.121.184.169 on 2020-11-03 05:33:55 UTC. Try SFTB Plus for Free $10 a Month Gets You Horse Racing Advanced Stats including an optimizer for each race. He was named Canada's top apprentice jockey following his first season, then in January received an Eclipse award as North America's outstanding apprentice rider.