Duke's commitment to diversity and inclusion includes gender identity and sexual orientation. What will reflect badly on you is making something up that comes across as insincere, or worse, ignorant. Keep reading to learn what the Why Duke essay prompts are, exactly what Duke is looking for when they read them, and what you should write about to and convince Duke you'd be an asset to their school. The relationship of the lawyer and the businessperson is so intertwined that a competent lawyer must understand business and a competent businessperson must understand the law. First, many, many applicants mention the basketball team as a reason they want to attend Duke, so you won't make your essay unique or memorable if you give the same reason most other people do.

E-commerce is especially aspiring to bridge the gap between brand promise and customer experience. Why Pratt: College Admission Essay Sample.

No matter how you decide to answer the "Why Duke" prompt, here are four tips you should keep in mind to make sure you stand out from the crowd and show Duke that you're a student they want to have at their school. For each reason, you should describe what Duke offers and connect it back to your interest and skills to show how you're a good match for the school. There are many ways to answer the prompt, but you should always make sure to do your research on the school, use specific examples, show your passion for the school, and make every word count. My first car, the…. So take advantage of this opportunity and brainstorm essays that not only highlight your experiences but also convey your commitment to Duke’s academic programs and passionate …
Don't answer this optional essay unless you have something real to say.

SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination BoardTM. Here's the essay prompt for 2020: Please share with us why you consider Duke a good match for you. The more specific you can be when answering the "Why Duke" prompt, the better. All rights reserved Gradesfixer ™, Why Pratt: College Admission Essay Sample, What Makes Me… Me: College Admission Essay Sample, The Importance of Mentoring: College Admission Essay Sample, The American Flag: College Admission Essay Sample, Ten Apples a Day…Keeps Colleges Beating at Your Doors: College Admission Essay Sample, Raised in North Carolina: College Admission Essay Sample, Purpose of Education: College Admission Essay Sample, Of Life and Basketball: College Admission Essay Sample. Most schools have that, and the people reading your essay will wonder if you're using an identical essay for every school you're applying to. All Duke students are required to answer the "Why Duke?" The key here is to be specific about why Duke is the best school for you. It won't. The weather is moderate, there are beautiful coastal areas, but most importantly, being in North Carolina means being close to Duke. Duke is a selective, private university located in Durham, “Bull City,” North Carolina. Remember, Duke's optional essays are just that—optional. SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination BoardTM. Get the latest articles and test prep tips! It can be tempting to respond to everything on the application and if you have an important story to tell, you definitely should. • The College Entrance Examination BoardTM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site. With our advice, you'll figure out what you should study as an undergrad. At Duke, I saw the opportunity to combine these two interests in many ways. Read our guide to choose the test that's right for you, Find out more about PrepScholar Admissions now.
their overall approach and writing. Share about your unique perspective. The moment I stepped onto Duke's campus, I leaned over to my mother, gasping, and said, "Whoa," even before beginning my tour. Real people are reading your application, and we want to do our best to understand and appreciate the real people applying to Duke. The College Entrance Examination BoardTM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site. While the question talks about Duke's commitment to diversity, don't feel like you have to invent diverse experiences just to fit in. A generic statement like, "I am impressed by Duke's strong engineering programs" doesn't tell the school anything about you or help you stand out from other applicants. My decision to attend Duke Law's LLM in Law and Entrepreneurship was, without question, the defining moment of my career. If you fit this description, you can use our free essay samples to generate ideas, get inspired and figure out a title or outline for your paper. You'll need to be clear, succinct, and honest in order for your Duke admissions essay to stand out. While it is true, there is always a way to simplify the process of getting Example Why Duke Law Essay to the goal. Techolution’s IoT solutions enable Asset Management, Remote Operations, Inventory Controls, Automation Monitoring, and more. Shows Passion: It's clear that this student loves Duke. There's not a separate "long essay" prompt for Duke, so don't worry when you don't see the prompt pop up when you click over to the writing supplement tab. If you apply to Duke via the Common Application, you'll also need to select an essay prompt to answer. My aunts are Taiwanese and Singaporean, and my cousin is Italian. By continuing we’ll assume you board with our cookie policy. As a born and bred North Carolinian,…, There are many things in life I could do without: mosquitoes, watermelon seeds, telemarketers, bad weather, cars that won’t start, cold swimming pools, traffic lights, stuffy noses, people who disagree with me, and movies that look good until fifteen minutes after I’ve handed over my…, Nothing better epitomizes today’s motto of learning than Aristotle’s analysis of education, “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” It seems that the fruits of education have bloomed even greater and sweeter than ever before. AI empowers edge-decisioning, faster market response, and reliable controls. What ACT target score should you be aiming for? We'll learn your background and interests, brainstorm essay topics, and walk you through the essay drafting process, step-by-step. Unless you really have nothing to say, I'd suggest including something. Duke University Nondiscrimination Statement, Duke's commitment to diversity and inclusion includes gender identity and sexual orientation. It's completely fine if you're not quite comfortable enough or ready to talk publicly about these topics. What are they really looking for in your response to "why Duke"? We are most concerned with your individual performance.

essay. I was well on my way through elementary school before…, September 15, 2002 4:35 P.M. “Star 94 FM Real-time Traffic…those heading northwest on Peachtree Industrial should expect major delays due to a gas leak….” I abruptly change the radio station. Founded by Methodists and Quakers in the present-day town of Trinity in 1838, the school moved to Durham in 1892 and has since risen to consideration as one of the top academic institutions in the world. It is, however, the space to talk about your specific identity and journey.