Thank you! As suggested by this site, have left a message in the app (along with many others, but I notice that none has been answered!) We are not talking about the Facebook app itself here – we’re talking about the operating system. Delete FB app. My Facebook app keeps crashing ever since I updated it on the latest update. and just maybe I will be lucky enough to get an answer from someone in Facebook…fingers crossed! The app on my Facebook was updated yesterday and, since that time, I can’t stay in Facebook whenever I open it, it shuts down. Not sure if this is a coincidence but Facebook is now working properly. So, I know this is an old post, but it seemed pretty worthwhile to try. You will see a preview of the apps you have been using lately. Have tried all the suggestions and nothing has worked. Nov 7, 2017 and this is still happening 50x a day. Then, go onto the app store, search Facebook, and reinstall. Same here. Ive done all of the above and Facebook is still shutting off. There isn’t a magic bullet that fixes all software problems on iPhones, but the next best thing is Reset All Settings. This problem may start after updating to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Updated ,logged out , deleted app and reinstalled, done a boot . I have tried all suggested solutions. If you see Update, tap and wait for the update to download and install, and check to see if the problem is resolved. My iPad is doing the same thing. Nothing helped. MORE : How to deactivate your Facebook account, MORE : How to use Tinder without Facebook, Get your need-to-know Update Your iPhone’s Software. : notifications, etc.Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Mine crashes also since 2/16/17 on my iPad … I have updated software, I shut off and shut down, I’ve deleted and re downloaded. Mine keeps on crashing as well. You can discover Facebook by swiping left. For some reason Facebook app was eating up all of the CPU power when the Zoom view was set. Me too, fb crashes on ipad since yesterday 16 Feb 2017. Click the cross that appears on the top-right of the app logo, and follow the instructions to delete. Does not affect the other choices, ei. Facebook app crashing again? Having the same problem as the rest of you with FB just shutting down and going straight to my home page. Any ideas would be appreciated! My wife’s IPad started shutting down on 2-16 also. Just like any other app, the Facebook app is susceptible to bugs. I will use it like this for awhile. You can scroll through the list of apps, find the Facebook app, and update it manually, but updating all your apps at once is the easiest way to go. I’ll do it that way for now. Why would my Facebook Page get taken down or have limits pla... How does Facebook decide what to take down? Go to settings, delete FB account on iPad or phone. If your software is already up-to-date, move on to the next step. Still crashed too. You can find instructions on how to do this here. Especially when we pay hundreds of pounds for our devices and data plans. None of your suggestions worked. (Counting to ten was the hard part ). I went to facebook.com on Safari and was able to access my facebook account with out it crashing. We’ll see how long this lasts. Required fields are marked *. Any ideas? Appears Safaria may have been recently corrupted, perhaps with… Read more ». My iPhone is working fine…but FB on my iPad has been crashing since yesterday. WTH???? iPhone and iPad users have been reporting that their Facebook app has been crashing, leaving them unable to see pictures of their friends’ newborns or #newyearnewme statuses from those they went to school with. if the Facebook keeps crashing on iPhone again, try the next method to fix. Select your device, click summary, and click restore. You know that it’s important to keep your iPhone software and the Facebook app up to date, and the problem is most likely fixed for good. Go into Settings, Display & Brightness. See also: 5 Ways To Fix IPad Won’t Charge. It might be pricey, but once a restore has taken place and your apps are still breaking down, you need to call in the professionals.