In many burial grounds graves face all four points on the compass. Even those who are non-religious who prefer burial over cremation will typically end up burying their dead facing the east. Woodmen of the World derived from the Modern Woodmen of America, a fraternal group which was founded in 1883. The only question is, which direction is the tomb going to face? Is it legal for a pointer to point to C++ register? How come Russia doesn’t have the biggest economy in Europe? I know most of them face east correct me if I’m wrong because the dead would be ready to rise up and face the “new day” but why do some face west, north and south? There is more than one interpretation for some symbols so interpretations must be used as possibilities, not certainties. There is hardly a cemetery founded in the 1840s and 50s without some form of Egyptian influence in the public buildings, gates, tomb art, etc. I know most of them face east correct me if I’m wrong because the dead would be ready to rise up and face the “new day” but why do some face west, north and south? Many believe that by facing west, they will be positioned to return to their homeland when resurrection finally arrives. The north side of the cemetery was considered less desirable and is often the last part of the burying ground to be used, or you may find the north side set aside for slaves, servants, suicides, "unknowns," etc. Are States and Provinces the same thing and are there more equivalents of these? Why do people call Mary Magdalene the “Black Madonna”? Generally most mourning cards are black with gold lettering. Discover what you'll need to consider when planning, or attending, ... The earliest settlers had their feet pointing toward the east and the head of the coffin toward the west, ready to rise up and face the "new day" (the sun) when "the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised"  or when Christ would appear and they would be reborn. “Do Jews Bury the Dead in a Specific Direction?”, chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1672031/jewish/Do-Jews-Bury-the-Dead-in-a-Specific-Direction.htm. Why are people traditionally buried facing east? However, burying the dead in a position that faces a different direction isn't an act of defiance. The north side of the cemetery was considered less desirable and is often the last part of the burying ground to be used, or you may find the north side set aside for slaves, servants, suicides, "unknowns," etc. Christian graves also tend to face east, but the geography of the cemetery can be more influential. Tennessee Gen Web Project, Copyright 2002. However, burying the dead in a position that faces a different direction isn't an act of defiance. The Woodmen of the World emblem is a sawed-off tree stump, often with a mallet or beetle, an ax, and a wedge:  the motto "Dum, Tacet Clamat" ("Though Silent He Speaks") usually appears somewhere on the border. The origins of eastward burial can be traced back to some of the earliest religions that worshipped the sun. Do doctors "get more money if somebody dies from Covid”?