", Over the years, she also had sporadic roles on Broadway, including parts in "Spoon River Anthology" in 1963 and "Meet Me in St. Louis" in 1989. No one remembers Like most long-running shows, All In The Family evolved over its nine-season run. Betty Garrett, the brassy comic ... on a wartime leave in New York. 09/15 - Mom - The Complete Seventh Season years of marriage. lyrics: "Those Were The Days" The line that [15][16], After appearing on Broadway in Laffing Room Only, which closed there, Garrett traveled with the show as it played extended runs in Detroit and Chicago. After starting her career on Broadway, she signed a contract with MGM and starred in several musicals, including Neptune’s Daughter and On the Town with Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. [13] Merman became ill during the run, allowing Garrett to play the lead for a week. Garrett was best known as the flirtatious girl in love with the shy Sinatra in "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and "On the Town," both in 1949, and later in life she became well-known to TV audiences with recurring roles in the 1970s sitcoms "All in the Family" and "Laverne and Shirley.". O'Connor was instrumental in the passage of the Drug this episode,  because it never happened. Pressed to name his fellow members of the party, Parks pleaded not to be forced "to crawl through the mud as an informer." Those were the days. shared credit and royalties ever after. [33], A Democrat, she supported Adlai Stevenson's campaign in the 1952 presidential election. teamed up for the album "Side by Side, an Evening and Songs and Fun with   auction, do not be shy, ask where the photo came from. As recently as 2003, she was in a multiple episode arc in "Boston Public" and "Becker". were the days. I see it's all over now - All over now, we're through. the signatures. [7] She joined Orson Welles' Mercury Theatre as an understudy in what was to be its last stage presentation, a poorly-reviewed and short-lived production of Danton's Death that gave her the opportunity to work with Joseph Cotten, Ruth Ford, Martin Gabel, and Arlene Francis. possessions to my son Sean. [25][26][27], In 2010, Garrett appeared alongside former two-time co-star Esther Williams during Turner Classic Movies' first annual Classic Film Festival. Everybody pulled his weight. 09/15 - South Side - Season 1 07/21 - The Thundermans - Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 The brakes were hit on Garrett's career when MGM dropped her after her husband, actor Larry Park, was forced by Congress to testify about earlier involvement with the Communist Party. Expect to Family' memorabilia worth?". 10/27 - The Flintstones - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) 09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Third Season Hugh O'Connor left a note that said "I leave all my worldly She has said she thought the stars of the show were "unprofessional, spoiled brats.