You can also add raisins and some crushed saffron. no lentils can be consumed during navratri and that includes moong dal also. Do keep on stirring at intervals so that the kheer does not stick or get browned from the base. Don't forget to check out Step-by-Step photo instructions and helpful Tips & Tricks !! Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates. Rajgira kheer recipe with step by step photos – simple, easy dessert made with ramdana/rajgira or amaranth grains. Apply ghee or oil on this side. Then gently lift up with a spatula and fry the paratha on a hot tava. If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Also, the sheera will leave the sides of the pan. Make sure you don’t add too much of water. Hence add as accordingly. Rajgira aur Sama ki Idli: Soak one cup sifted rajgira atta, half cup kuttu and half cup sama in six cups of buttermilk for four to five hours. Serve these rajgira paratha hot or warm with curd or any curry meant for fasting like: Welcome to Dassana's Veg Recipes. I share vegetarian recipes from India & around the World. All our content & photos are copyright protected. harsimrat, we have a big collection of navratri recipes already posted. 1. 2. I make this kheer similar to the Samvat rice kheer (barnyard millet pudding) I prepare. Now gently remove the paratha from the cloth or place the cloth upside down on a hot tava and peel of cotton cloth. You can also garnish the rajgira kheer with some sliced almonds or cashews or saffron. rajgira khichdi. (sendha namak) as required. 4. Usually rajgira paratha are made during fasting or vrat days. Twitter Now gently remove the paratha from the cloth or place the cloth upside down on a hot tava and peel of cotton cloth. The edges come out neat this way and are not uneven. But when making rotis with some other non glutinous flour, I add hot water and knead. The addition of water depends on the quality of flour. Use a non-stick pan or well seasoned pan as the paratha might stick. Hi, I am Dassana. Then add the crushed green chili paste, cumin powder and rock salt (sendha namak). I also have a professional background in cooking & baking. 5. For instagram mention, Chivda Recipe | Maharashtrian Poha Chivda (2 Ways), murukku recipe, how to make murukku recipe | murukulu recipe, Chana Masala | Punjabi Chole Masala (Stovetop & Instant Pot), Plain Dosa Recipe and Dosa Batter (Sada Dosa). Ghee starts to ooze out slightly from the sides. I ground the flour at home using raw amaranth grains. Add 4 to 5 tbsp sugar. As … 3. Welcome to Dassana's Veg Recipes. In a pan or bowl take the amaranth/rajgira flour. YouTube Dust with amaranth flour. Apr 23, 2019 - Vegetarian Amaranth Recipes using the whole grain and flour. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url. Adding the mashed boiled potatoes definitely helps to https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/rajgira-kheer-recipe-amaranth-kheer Rinse ⅓ cup amaranth grains in a fine meshed seive or strainer. spinach khichdi /healthy palak khichdi /palak rice. When one side of paratha is partly cooked, flip with the help of spatula. Mix well and serve. 2. *Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving. 7.  lastly add 4 to 5 tbsp sliced cashews or almonds, ½ tsp cardamom powder, 7 to 8 dried rose petals, chopped (optional). If you have made the recipe and liked it then do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. These paratha stay soft even after cooling, so they make a nutritious tiffin box snack too. Use a non-stick pan or well seasoned pan as the paratha might stick. Serve these rajgira roti hot or warm with curd or any curry meant for fasting. Stir again and simmer the kheer for 2 minutes more. Then mash them lightly and add to the amaranth flour. rajgira khichdi recipes. It gets slightly brown in color. Like our videos? As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url. If you are looking for more Navratri recipes then do check: If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Roast the rajgira till you get the toasted, nutty aroma of the flour. However, you can also cook them in a pan. sliced or 4 to 5 tablespoon sliced cashews or almonds, crushed to a powder in mortar-pestle or ½ teaspoon cardamom powder, If you have made the recipe and liked it then do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. While rolling add some more flour if required. Pressure cook the grains on a medium flame for 3 whistles or for 9 to 10 minutes. Amaranth Tikkis 3. Facebook once the kheer comes to room temperature, you can chill it in the fridge. ½ cup of amaranth grains yielded about ¾ cup flour. 5. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. These amaranth paratha can be made even during regular days. Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates. In a pan or bowl take the amaranth flour. sabudana khichdi / javvarisi khichdi. Stir the milk and the cooked amaranth grains mixture very well. Take milk and sugar in a saucepan, Turn the heat on medium and just warm it up. 3. With your palms or with your fingers, gently pat the dough ball and flatten it till till it increases in size. No need to boil. For that, remove the required amount in a bowl and reheat in the microwave for a few seconds only. Mix very well and cover the flour mixture. Was wondering why there isn’t any navratri recipe when navratri is gonna start. With your palms or with your fingers, gently press the dough ball and flatten it till till it increases in size. Keep a moist kitchen cotton napkin or towel on your workplace. Running the kitchen for decades, I share tried and tested Vegetarian recipes with step-by-step photo guide & plenty of tips so that your cooking journey is easier. Take a small or medium sized ball from the dough and place it on the moist kitchen cloth. Simmer on a low flame for 6 to 7 minutes. The addition of water depends on the quality of flour. Hence add as accordingly. 6. Add 1 or 2 tbsp water in parts and knead to a smooth dough. I have shown two methods in the step by step pics below for rolling. Instagram, Home » Recipes » Navratri & Fasting Recipes, By Dassana AmitLast Updated: August 16, 2019, .wprm-recipe-rating .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #E8C32A; }5 from 1 vote • 8 Comments. Keep the cooker on stove top on sim or low flame. keep cooking with constantly stirring with a spatula. . Once hot add rajgira atta. Parathas rolled this way have uneven edges. Also, keep an eye on the milk as well. First boil 2 small to medium potatoes in a steamer or pressure cooker till they are thoroughly cooked and of a mashable consistency. Can we eat moong dal during navratri fast? Dust with … First boil 2 small to medium potatoes in a steamer or pressure cooker till they are thoroughly cooked and of a mashable consistency. Lastly add 4 to 5 tbsp sliced cashews or almonds, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, 7 to 8 dried rose petals, chopped (optional). Hi, I am Dassana. keep cooking with constantly stirring with a spatula.