Propp is a second cousin of Dylan Wruck. GM Harry Sinden re-signed Poulin but not Propp, so Clarke, fired by the Flyers, hired by the North Stars, brought Brian to Minnesota, where after upsets of Chicago. Finally, with 1:37 left in regulation in Game 6, Flyer goaltender Ron Hextall took matters into his own hands, slamming Chelios into the boards and pummeling him with blows, apparently in retaliation for the hit on Propp.

Brian Phillip Propp (born February 15, 1959) is a former Canadian professional ice hockey left winger who played 15 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) from 1979 until 1994.

I see too many games today where robotic coaches roll lines in the fear that guys are going to get tired.

Clarkie did me a favor trading me to where we had a chance to win.

[8] As of 2015[update], Propp is the Director of Strategic Relationships for Wolf Commercial Real Estate in Marlton, New Jersey. Brian moved past Bobby Hull on the all time playoff scoring list among left wingers to become the highest scoring left winger in NHL playoff history on April.12.1991 as Minnesota North Stars beat Chicago Blackhawks 6-0 in Game 5 in the series as he scored the game-winning goal on Dominik Hasek. Philadelphiaflyers.com is the official Web site of the Philadelphia Flyers.

“Timmy Kerr wouldn’t even raise his stick when he scored,” Propp laughed. Has Mr.

Propp, the third, had 425 in 16 seasons, four times topping 40, four times bettering 90 points, twice coming within three of 100. “So me stepping up to that next level in the big game was important for my career. Five times Brian Propp reached the Stanley Cup finals without once becoming a champion.

[9][10], Propp has two children.

Propp adopted "The Guffaw" and it became his signature move first appearing the 1986-87 season.[4].
A hearty last guffaw to Brian Propp, ... My wife Kris (they met on a Flyers cruise in 1987 and were married in 1992) was a broadcast major and also helped me tremendously. Propp was inducted into the Saskatchewan Rural Hockey Hall of Fame in 2002 and in 2003 he was inducted into the Saskatchewan Provincial Hall of Fame.

You think your kids are going to keep all your trophies when you are gone? Although Propp only scored 29 points, it was a productive season for him as he played both his 1000th NHL game and scored his 1000th NHL point which, fittingly, came on a goal against the Philadelphia Flyers.

“It worked. The Flyers were leading Game One at the Forum, 1-0 when Chris Chelios left his feet to drive Propp into the glass with an elbow.

Copyright © 1999-2020 Philadelphia Flyers, L.P. and the National Hockey League. Right time, right place, wrong team again for Propp, whom the North Stars loaned the following year to Lugano in Switzerland for part of the season. Propp was born in Lanigan, Saskatchewan, and grew up in Neudorf, Saskatchewan. He finished up with the Whalers, achieving both NHL point No.

[5] The team was selected based on play in the Canadian Hockey League. With the Flyers struggling and General Manager Bob Clarke wanting to re-tool the club to get younger, Propp was traded at the 1990 trade deadline to the Boston Bruins where he joined long-time Flyer team-mate Dave Poulin who had been dealt there six weeks before.