As soon as you open a hot water tap, this device can sense the flow to activate just like that. Since it is an electric tankless water heater, the Tempra 24 Plus does require a minimum circuit breaker space of a double pole 2 x 60. This Smart Technology electric tankless water heater is configured for climates where incoming water temperature can reach as low as 37 degrees. Wiring for an Electric Water Heater I do have plenty of spare empty slots in the sub panel. Application: Wiring a Water Heater. Divide the power specified on the label by its operating voltage to obtain the maximum current draw. It can provide between 1.8 and 4.3 gallons-per-minute depending on the inlet water temperature. Electrical Questions and Electrical Answers, Electric Wiring for a Bathroom Light Fixture, Mary asks How Should I Upgrade My Electrical Wiring. 1. Chris Deziel has a bachelor's degree in physics and a master's degree in humanities. Eache 40A double-pole breaker requires two (2) hot wires and one (1) ground. ECO 11 Tankless Electric Water Heater 13 kW 240 V EcoSmart ECO 11 is a 13-kilowatt tankless EcoSmart ECO 11 is a 13-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for a bathroom, small sink, office breakroom and other point-of-use or low-flow applications. If you are looking for a great electric, tankless water heater then this is the one you have been looking for.” If you had eight such bulbs, however, the breaker would be too small. From the information you have provided and what the NEC code states, careful consideration should be given to installing the right circuit breaker as soon as possible for the right level of protection for this circuit. Below, we've highlighted what size water heater you would need in our example of 6.5 GPM at a 63° F temperature rise. This electrical wiring question came from John, a Handyman in Fairfield, Ohio. To determine the size of the breaker you need to control a heater circuit, you need to know the current rating of the heater. Rheem ® Tankless Electric Water Heaters make it easy to enjoy instantaneous, continuous hot water, space-saving design, and significant energy cost savings. I enjoyed. The 125 per cent requirement applies only in the case of continuous loads. Thanks, John. Required Breaker:4 x 40 A. Now lets consider this Water Heater Circuit Installation EcoSmart ECO 8 is an 8-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for a bathroom, small sink, office breakroom and other point-of-use or low-flow applications. EcoSmart ECO 18 is an 18-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for apartments, condominiums, townhomes and other whole home applications. Thanks for your electrical wiring question John, the following will assist you with your electrical question. The right size is a tankless water heater that can heat enough gallons of water to a specific temperature per minute to keep up with the demand. I agree with you that this water heater circuit is not a typical configuration, and the common circuit for a new home is #10 copper wire protected by a 2pole 30amp circuit breaker, however lets look at this application carefully.