Now on their way, when David came back after the destruction of the Philistine, the women came out of all the towns of Israel, with songs and dances, meeting David with melody and joy and instruments of music.

(BBE), Jeremiah 20:13Make melody to the Lord, give praise to the Lord: for he has made the soul of the poor man free from the hands of the evil-doers. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (2000 U.S. CENSUS), Melody entered the list in 1930-1939 and reached its apex position of #137 in the U.S. in 2018. Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! Unless otherwise indicated, all content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. "Entry for 'MELODY'". A Song for the Sabbath. (BBE), Psalms 147:7Make songs of praise to the Lord; make melody to our God with instruments of music. And they sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, “Great and amazing are your deeds, O Lord God the Almighty! PM ... Thanksgiving Anniversary.

I will give you praise with all my heart: I will make melody to you before the gods. (BBE RSV), Proverbs 25:20Like one who takes off clothing in cold weather and like acid on a wound, is he who makes melody to a sad heart. (superl.) Therefore we ourselves boast about you in the churches of God for your steadfastness and faith in all your persecutions and in the afflictions that you are enduring. (KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS RSV), Amos 8:10Your feasts will be turned into sorrow and all your melody into songs of grief; everyone will be clothed with haircloth, and the hair of every head will be cut; I will make the weeping like that for an only son, and the end of it like a bitter day. Topical Bible For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org, 53 occurrences in 10 translations, Old Testament (51), Genesis (1), Judges (1), 1 Samuel (1), 2 Samuel (1), 1 Kings (1), 1 Chronicles (8), 2 Chronicles (7), Nehemiah (2), Psalm (19), Proverbs (1), Isaiah (5), Jeremiah (1), Amos (2), Zephaniah (1), New Testament (2), Ephesians (1), Colossians (1). I will sing a new song to you, O God; upon a ten-stringed harp I will play to you. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Serve the Lord with gladness! A Song for the Sabbath. CM. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. And David and all the men of Israel made melody before the Lord with all their power, with songs and with corded instruments and instruments of brass. Let them give praise to his name in the dance: let them make melody to him with instruments of brass and corded instruments of music.