See all photos. Of course, the show is very diverse, and so it's not just. But I love working with people who want to work and like my work, but trying to do things and hope that it will turn something else and maybe I will get this? He has to show the world: 'This is who I am.' Even though I understand a lot of their complaints, I respect the fact that they care enough to speak out and I want to be supportive in this way and I also want to share my position, even though it might be different than theirs, but it’s all valid. Duncan kind of wants to slow down his role in the business, this isn’t you in real life, right? But as of now, nobody is going back to work that I'm aware of.". I think that voice, we have to put in what we can put in. But their business activities are more illicit, prompting a string of events full of suspense and shock. BT: What was it like to come back together with the cast and Ivan Reitman and Jason Reitman for Ghostbusters Reunited Apart, which leads into Ghostbusters: Afterlife? I want to be with people who love what they do, they come to work, that’s why I love working on Grace & Frankie. Ernest Lee "Ernie" Hudson Sr. is an American actor, playwright and producer known for his roles as Winston Zeddemore in the Ghostbusters film series, Sergeant Albrecht in The Crow, and Warden Leo Glynn on HBO's Oz. Of course, now with this COVID-19, we can’t do what we used to do. No. rarely in the conversation concerning the angle of production. So that the auditioning or making calls, or doing all this? was thinking about retiring, turning it over to his son. And movies teach us that you want to be involved but you also want to nurture and support those who are coming through. "As one of the producers, that's the thing we're faced with now. I did Fantasy Island with Ricardo Montalban years ago and I was just starting, I mean nobody knew my name and that show would bring in a lot of guest celebrities. Ernest Lee Hudson net worth is. How have we shaped that? There’s a serious and unexpected threat that happens and does not go away very easily. Season 2 is set to pick up where its premiere season left off, with the Duncans recovering from the aftermath of their rival faction's assault on their home, sparking new rivals, drama and a turn in their business, involving the HEAT drug. He played the role of Miles, a friend of Jay Pritchett's, in "Virgin Territory" and "Bringing Up Baby". I mean, how do we go back to work safely? Copyright 2018 PopCulture.com. "The plot thickens, things get a little bit more complicated," Hudson said. [chuckles] If I’m watching a show and it’s going to be nasty and mean-spirited, I’m like: “I don’t want to…it’s not where I want to be right now”. Hudson goes on to share that he is also deeply humbled as a producer on the show to be able to be "part of the conversation," because as an actor and with most things he's done with his illustrious career, he's rarely in the conversation concerning the angle of production. "The plot thickens, things get a little bit more complicated," Hudson said. EH: It was important to produce it because I felt like unless I—rightly or wrongly—unless I got actively involved to try to move it forward, it might not have had a chance. Lily Tomlin, Jane (Fonda), Sam (Waterston), I mean, they come on point and they’re there to work and I love that. Ernie Hudson: I have a house in Minnesota, which is where I’ve been quarantined, or where I’ve been in lockdown, or whatever we’re going through since we shut down in Hollywood, but I have a place in Los Angeles, because I am out there a lot as well. Because I’m an actor, I’ve got a family, I go home. Sometimes there’s some people…not everyone sees it that way. It's a lot of fun.". Duncan, and he executive produces the show as well. - July 2, 2020 10:02 am EDT. Known For Ghostbusters Winston Zeddemore (1984) The Family Business L.C. EH: I’ve worked with a lot of people. For more on Hudson, what he has to say about Ghostbusters: Afterlife and all of your favorite stars, keep it locked to PopCulture.com and stay tuned for the latest news on Twitter. It’s wonderful for me when someone comes up and says: “Hey, I’ve worked with you and I only had a small part but you were nice to me, you took the time to talk to me” or whatever. We can go back and find stuff that was, in the old days, if you didn’t happen to see it, it’s gone, and now it’s a different world and that’s really exciting. stay tuned for the latest news on Twitter. ", Hudson goes on to share that while L.C. To me, it’s a dream, and we talked about getting together again and I never assumed it was going to happen, so the fact that we got a chance to reconnect, that was really, really special. Led by iconic actor and famed Ghostbusters star Ernie Hudson as the family patriarch, L.C.Duncan, the executive producer of the show on BET+ tells PopCulture.com exclusively for our PopCulture @ Home series that things are about to get very intense in Season 2. It’s our show. EH: Yeah. By creating an account, you verify that you are at least 13 years of age, and have read and agree to the PopCulture.com Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, By Tania Hussain Ernie Hudson Net Worth 2020: Wiki Biography, Married, Family, Measurements, Height, Salary, Relationships. I don’t worry about it, just enjoy it. "Right now, we're still trying to figure it out and hopefully within the next month or so, we will. BT: You were in talks about possibly playing a role in Black Panther. I’m limited in a way. EH: All different platforms, it is such a new world. BT: Is there someone with whom you’ve worked that you’ve taken under your wing? The Family Business Season 2 premieres July 2 on BET+, with the first six episodes of the new season available to stream. Male He is popular for being a Movie Actor. These people, they come to work and I really appreciate that. Win a Digital screening link of Antebellum! We certainly want to protect the people," he said. And I get that a lot. I just love Jason, he was a great kid when he was a little guy on set, now he’s kind of taken over and I’m really glad. Edward Norton. Years Active He certainly didn't imagine this reveal coming up, and she didn't know it was her son, but he knows now. As a child growing up in Benton Harbor, Michigan, Ernie Hudson wrote short stories, poems and songs... Born: December 17, 1945 Photos. Benton Harbor, Michigan, USA You know, I love everybody on the show, it’s been pretty extraordinary, and the fact that the fans, to my surprise, not the older fans who I think would naturally enjoy watching the show, but a lot of younger people…I mean, it’s really been a cross-section of people—black, white—who will come up to me and really, really relate to the character. And I want to be with people who want to do the work, but without all the extra stuff which I don’t have time for. I mean, he's made choices that I can't even imagine feeling like I would have to make those choices. EH: Yeah, you know I—36 years later—I had no idea that I’d still be talking about…but it’s really had a huge impact on my life overall, and to get a chance to reunite with people who shared that experience was pretty amazing. And everybody, I consider them all friends and it was nice to come back together, Jason Reitman directing and producing. But I know people who do see things in those terms.". We’re all making this. Everything is suggestions. The Family Business is a phenomenal series, and Hudson shines as head of a car dealership by day, crime family by night L.C. In order to do that, I have to show up and that means a lot, because that’s not always the case. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Of course, that's not going to happen," he said. I think that a lot of times it’s not as important to me, I do my job and let them do what they want to do, it’s okay. $15 Million. A lot of the young kids were out on the street protesting and doing all that I admire, but how do you contribute, how do you? "And the things that I had seen, it's one-dimensional because he has to be that all the time. You know, if I’m going to do it, then you want people to see it. There is a new definition of the phrase "Family Business", especially when Ernie Hudson and the cast are in town!. Ernest Lee Hudson Wiki Biography. I came into this business 50 years ago, and we felt, or I felt, that they’re not going to let me do this or that, and they’re going to have these limitations. Duncan (2018-2020) Ghostbusters II Winston Zeddemore (1989) Known For The Crow Albrecht (1994) Actor … The Family Business season two premieres tonight on BET+. It’s not about one person and that’s the fun of it. I mean it was almost spiritual. is a profoundly crafted figure weighing the balance of good and bad, when it comes to his family — especially in light of his daughter, Paris (played by Javicia Leslie, God Friended Me) committing murder — he will still stand by her side. The following is a condensed and edited version of a meditative chat with the delightful Ernie Hudson of The Family Business. Is this something that matters to you? Win a Paramount Pictures Halloween Blu-ray prize pack! But Ricardo, he came and knocked on my dressing room door and welcomed me to the set and took me around and introduced me to the other cast members and sat and had lunch with me and I thought that was so gracious to be included.