girl in the last second of the film? View production, box office, & company info. There is a lot this film has going for it; it looks great, the setting is really creepy and it uses some good techniques to makes some of the situations the characters go through legitimately terrifying.This is also where it falls down however as while the situations are clever and put you in the place of the character to where you wonder what you would do, you never really care about the characters themselves. I'm not saying the Hazmat characters were perfect. Bleh. Especially the complex background plot that never gets answered, leaving you asking, Why is any of this happening? Overall, the crew did their job very well. I still recommend it, but those who obsessive about such failings such pass. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Use the HTML below. Subtitled Nonsensical Film Whose Location Is Best Part, Reviewed in the United States on September 11, 2018. Nora and Solveig are hiking through snow-covered, rough, but beautiful scenery on a tour of several days that will take the two young women to the top of a mountain. Biographical movie portraying Nikolai Astrup (1880-1928), one of Norway's most important painters and visual artists, and follow him through his short life and the inspiration behind his most famous paintings. Point for a good location: the sanitarium is spooky as it gets. Beyond that, this film (In Norwegian, so turn on your subtitles) makes absolutely no sense. The acting and directing are pretty solid. So, if you DON'T LIKE SUBTITLES, DON'T WATCH....YOUR LOSS. I'm still not sure if this was a ghost movie, demon movie or slasher movie. They made stupid cliche choice after stupid cliche choice. I would give this 3 1/2 stars if I could, but round it up to 4 to account for what I'm sure will be low ratings just for the fact that it's subtitled. Muss man auch als Horror-Fan nicht gesehen haben. You can demolish a building, but never remove the past. Personally, they don't bother me, and I feel like a lot of people miss out on good entertaining movies because they are so dead set against subtitles. Although both are directed by Pal Oie, “Villmark Asylum” relates to its predecessor only through an inconsequential callback placing their two settings in close proximity. This was a nice, good, creepy film. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. So, if you DON'T LIKE SUBTITLES, DON'T WATCH....YOUR LOSS. There are "clues" that lead to no reveal. Why was the girl blind and why did the nurse have a beak stuck in her head? They realize that the job is more than a search for asbestos and mercury. Shot twelve years after the first film, this time a crew of workers are tasked with identifying toxic materials in an ancient asylum. I really wish the writing was firmed up a bit. I would give this 3 1/2 stars if I could, but round it up to 4 to account for what I'm sure will be low ratings just for the fact that it's subtitled. The elderly janitor is still living there to ensure that no one access the dangerous building. There is no hint at why the crew is attacked, who the attackers really are, if they're part of an experiment (a few hints that it could be a post-war Nazi experiment location), why they are blind (or are they) in the light but not the dark, and the list goes on. Jannicke wakes up in the hospital. Gruselig ist hier nur die Ideenlosigkeit der Filmmacher. While not the best movie, this is very good, and a great pick for Prime. I enjoyed the play & use of light and shadows in the film, but I think what made the movie for me was the sound. Brio Flint. Had to turn on English CC which needs to be turned back off before watching another movie. Those actors should have been given more to work with, rather than being treated like props. I enjoyed the play & use of light and shadows in the film, but I think what made the movie for me was the sound. Title: Written by Brio Flint You can demolish a building, but never remove the past. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2018. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Over 300 rooms and kilometres of pipelines have to be screened in three days. What's more it never really feels like there is much at stake, also it starts off by being really precise about what the people are there to do and how much time they have to do it in and then most of this is forgotten.Overall this film could have been really good with a little more depth to the writing and a little more time spent getting to know the characters, but it is still worth a watch for the situations and setting alone. (SPOILERS) First, the logic behind a hazmat team sweeping a massive building in 3 days is ludicrous. This was due to terrible writing and direction. I gave this an extra 1/2 star to round up to three based on production value, the set (love abandoned hospitals), some wonderful acting and lovely score. Unfortunately for Villmark 2, they failed horribly in that respect. girl in the last second of the film? This could have been a great movie if the production and directing crew had taken advantage of #1 and #2 above and just scared us with even a typical slasher plot, but they blew it by not really creating any semblance of a logical story. Nothing was explained at all, just hints placed here and there that didn't come together at the end.