Here there are a variety of property types to choose from single family homes, attached properties, apartment condos, and townhouse condos. When the Ring Road is complete, it will provide 101 kilometers of free-flow travel around Calgary and contribute to safe and easy movement of goods and people. Riverbend/Douglasglen/Douglasdale - You're probably wondering why is Douglasglen wrapped into this group versus with Quarry Park (since Quarry Park is in Douglasglen). Since they are near the convenient roads, they are great areas for those travelling around town for work or pleasure. They are perfect for students but also those that work at the university or Foothills Hospital. More of a 90s-2000s type? Plus 15 Map - updates. Each of these communities has a distinct feel and community. Also, they are very close to Fish Creek Park giving everyone fun activities throughout the year. The homes have rock/stone exteriors and have almost a chalet feel. Welcome to the small but mighty east Calgary neighborhoods. She knew I had no handle on those communities. Forest Heights - Sometimes called the best kept secrete for communities, Forest Heights is a pleasant community, tucked just south of Memorial. Focus on Midnapore. The schools are top notch and the services in the area are perfect for a family of any size. Welcome to the west, an amazing area of Calgary with a strong family focus. The streets are lined with old trees and there are plenty of parks. Given these roads, accessibility is great and there are a number of services in the area as well as schools. Moving here you will have new and future amenities in your area and you will be able to first hand see brand new communities take shape. Quickly, let's not forget these other popular communities: Parkdale - Very close to Foothills Hospital and the University of Calgary. Mission and Cliff Bungalow are beautiful communities with mature tree-lined streets and direct access to the Elbow River. This popular community is just north of downtown and is on the other side of the Peace Bridge. The following will break down the communities by area. There are some differences between the communities but all are very desirable. For example, University Heights has large older homes and has a higher price point, whereas, University District is a brand new community being built on a university land lease and will be home to brand new condos and townhomes. They are great communities on the edge of the City Centre area. Like the north, the NE has new communities sprouting up in the northern parts. These communities border The Bow River, giving them a great "outdoorsy" feel. New communities such as Livingston and Carrington are really turning some heads with how quickly builders are selling the homes in these areas. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, Calgary Mortgage Affordability Calculator. You are a short drive to downtown, but you can zip out to Bragg Creek in an instant. Redstone/Skyview Ranch/Cityscape - If you like new, these communities are perfect for you. These communities have some great properties and the price point is hard to beat. She now lives in a great condo in Altadore and I have since learned a lot about all of Calgary's awesome communities. Southland Corridor . The updated probable scenario estimated that 596 people would require hospitalization when the virus reached its peak. Also, the Green Line LRT is planned to move up Centre Street providing some nice anticipation for residents and future residents. This community is exciting and has plenty of pubs, restaurants, night life, shops, and stores. Being on the north side of Calgary, you can quickly get up to Edmonton without fighting through Calgary traffic to get on the highway. These communities are very close to downtown by vehicle, bus, or train (Glendale/Glenbrook). It's a shame we couldn't highlight each community as they all have their own look and feel. The C-Train runs right from downtown all the way south along Macleod Trail. You will find great new and mid-2000s style homes in this neighbourhood. Welcome to Calgary's southeast, a hotspot for welcomed master plan developments, lake communities, family-friendly amenities, and Calgary's massive South Health Hospital. These communities are also very close to SAIT and the University of Calgary. There are a number of schools in the area and variety property types to choose from. There are a range of properties and can be great for those looking to break into the single-family market. Although more expensive to break into, these communities have a feeling like you could live there forever. Also, as development continues in these areas, we are seeing such things as a brand new YMCA facility and new homes. These communities have great schools and amenities for Calgarians. Bordering 16th Ave NW and Nose Hill Park with Crowchild Trail running right down the centre, these areas have great accessibility. Those living in the Beltline are drawn to being "where the action is". These communities have been turned over and now house mostly infill properties. North East Calgary Community Map for 2019. © 2020. Haysboro/Acadia/Fairview - Looking at these communities on a map you will see you are basically situated off of Macleod Trail and Glenmore Trail. McEwan Glen/Sandstone - Talk about great family neighbourhoods here. Due to COVID-19 concerns, The City has closed some Plus 15 access until further notice. Furthermore, Seton continues to grow and development is making progress every day. Although every community is important, here are a few of the more notable communities: Lower Mount Royal - Located just off of 17 Avenue SW. You are also a stone's throw to Crossiron Mills for all your shopping needs. Some of Calgary's larger companies like Imperial Oil, Jacobs Engineering, and Cardel now call Quarry Park home. Market Mall is right in the centre of these communities so you have everything you need at your fingertips. Discovery Ridge - A sneaky community tucked away just south of Glenmore Trail, this community is the closest thing to living in the mountains in Calgary. Marda Loop is a fantastic area being quick to downtown and right off of Crowchild Trail, one of Calgary's main arteries. This is another lake community in Calgary and rests against Fish Creek Park meaning you can run, hike, walk, and bike all day in the woods while being right beside your house. Learn more about the Bow River Bridge Twinning Project, Learn more about the North Project (Trans-Canada Highway to Old Banff Coach Road), Learn more about the South Project (Old Banff Coach Road to Highway 8), Learn more about the Southwest Calgary Ring Road Project. Due to COVID-19 concerns, The City has closed some Plus 15 access until further notice. If you would like a great lake community, if work at the hospital or you are looking for a trendy condo, look no further. For the area as a whole, here are the current average home prices. We planned to meet at Analog (which I had to Google by the way). Welcome to Calgary's North East (NE) MLS Map. Also, NE Calgary is home to the international airport, the Peter Lougheed Hospital, and just off the C-Train Line. That is because these communities are quite different and Douglasglen most ties in with Riverbend and Douglasdale. Your 2019 Calgary MLS and Community Map with a breakdown of certain communities. Canada maps; Provinces; Provinces and territories. Hillhurst/West Hillhurst/Sunnyside - These areas are more commonly known as Kensington. Scenic Acres/Silver Springs - The name Scenic Acres says it all, nicely tucked away off of Crowchild, these communities are quiet and have a number of gorgeous single family homes. I came armed with my MLS community map in hand and I felt like I could keep up. Often times, when you ask someone where they live or work, they may say NW Calgary or SW Calgary, but typically they say something like "I live in Maple Ridge and my office is in Mission". Welcome to the South Calgary Communities. Of course, as a REALTOR®, I need to know the communities inside and out, but even just to have an image of where people are in Calgary is very helpful in day to day conversation. These communities cater to those that work or attend the U of C and those that are affiliated with the Foothills Hospital. Similar to the west, Calgary's northwest has great schools and is home to the University of Calgary. The Southwest Calgary Ring Road (SWCRR) is a project of the Province of Alberta and is one of the last sections of the Calgary Ring Road, which will circle the city when completed. This community is a nice balance between quiet living and being close to downtown. Located just north/north east of downtown and off of Edmonton Trail, these areas are mostly walk-able to downtown and have a vibrant feel. Silverado/Belmont/Walden/Legacy - The new communities of the SW/SE. These communities are also very close to Mount Royal University. People are very drawn to the heritage and character homes in the area. One of the distinct and inviting way builders are catering to the community is they are putting features such as spice kitchens, suites, and main-floor bedrooms to make living easy and enjoyable for all. Yes, it is further from downtown, but the amenities and size of homes are worth the slightly longer commute to get downtown. These condos range in size, age, and style. Located just off of Macleod, you are directly off the C-Train and the homes and area are built with a family-friendly vibe in mind. Pumphill/Bayview/Eagle Ridge - Luxury living awaits! They are nicely tucked away from the busy downtown lifestyle and therefore attract a variety of great people and is family-friendly. You can walk downtown in minutes or to the excitement on 17th Avenue SW. Quarry Park (Douglasglen) - Quarry Park is a stunning master planned development just off of Deerfoot and south of Glenmore Trail. Carrington/Livingston - They are new and they are selling fast. However, like most REALTORS®, just in case I need a reminder - I have the following photo on my wall (designed by a Calgary artist). Let's look at some current average home prices. Additional Information & Resource Library, Building Code Application to Plus 15 Walkways, Enclosed Walkway located on the interior of the block between.