[Chorus] C Em Somewhere over the rainbow F C Way up high F C And the dreams that you dream of G Am F Once in a lullaby-y-y ... y-y-y C Em Oh, somewhere over the rainbow F C Blue birds fly F C And the dreams that you dream of G Am F Dreams really do come true-ue-ue ... ooh-ooh-ooh [Verse] C Someday I'll wish upon a star G Am F Wake up where the clouds are far behind ... me-e-e C Where … Try landscape mode instead of portrait. song: "(Somewhere) Over The Rainbow /What A Wonderful World", They key that it is currently in is the easiest for beginners. It works for me. that’s because it sort of is, while you are partially right the ukulele is a mix of an instrument from Portugal and another from a place i don’t remember, some people made an instrument that was a mix of them and that’s how ukuleles were created, but i agree with you that it should be more well known. That's where you'll find me, C             Em … This is the article number 5 about Ukulele songs. Have you ever song a single higher or lower to fit your voice without the lyrics? Your email address will not be published. It’s easier sometimes to look up someone who can show the island strum to you once and then you have it forever in your mind. Please visit our About page for website information! You may only use this for private study, scholarship, or research. Yes, I use that strum as well. So, if you want to learn a really popular song, read this article! artist: "Israel Kamakawiwo'ole", And the dreams that you dream of, C            Em I think it matches with the song, anyway. But which chords do you use DDU-UDU and which are DUD-DUD? Somewhere Over The Rainbow and What a Wonderful World performed by Israël Kamakawiwo'ole. I know imagine being the poor Portuguese guy who invented it. The bridge progression starts with the same I-V-vi progression, but moves to IV instead of I. (Somewhere) Over The Rainbow /What A Wonderful World Chords by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Hawaiians.. “Somewhere over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World” is a medley of Judy Garland’s “Over the Rainbow” and Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole and released on his albums Ka ʻAnoʻi and Facing Future. I love it. Never let something about you bring yo down. The V of vi (E7) from the intro shows up again here. The verse of the “Wonderful World” starts with the progression C-G-F-C (I-V-IV-C) and moves to F-C-E7-Am (IV-I-V of vi-vi). Ukutabs is a place to learn. Appreciate Richard's work making these free ukulele songs for you? Hopefully, we’ll find other songs by Israel, displayed on the CoolUkulele website. At the time, copies of the recording were only made for Kamakawiwoʻole himself and recording engineer Milan Bertosa. lol I hope it works for you! man you dont deserve the hates like really 25 dislikes why do people gotta be so mean? Since a lot of people are searching for Somewhere over the rainbow chords we have decided to take it in here. And why shouldn’t we? The return section, acting as the final verse, uses the same chords as the original section. Tuning: E A D G B E. Capo: 5th fret. Search. His version has been used in several movies, commercials and television programs. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” Ukulele Chords – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole Iz’s “ Somewhere Over the Rainbow ” and “ What a Wonderful World ” medley cover was released on his 1993 album: Facing Future (the 14th Track). Don’t give someone 488 dislikes just because they got a fact wrong. Sorry I know I am not using the proper strumming patter thing but I have never taken anything so I am just doing what I think is right. It has since been used in several movies, commercials, and television shows and is now probably the most widely recognizable song of Ukulele and Hawaiian music. “Somewhere over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World” was originally recorded in a spur-of-the-moment demo session in 1988, and was done in a single take. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I, OFFICIAL Somewhere over the Rainbow – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I), 8 String Ukulele Tuning – Complete Tutorial, 6 String Ukulele Tuning – Ultimate How-to Guide, One-Chord Ukulele Songs for Beginners – No Fail, Ukulele Lullaby Chords – Six Soothing Slumber Songs. Tabs Articles Forums Wiki + Publish tab Pro. I have heard that called the island strum too. :)), Hey+ and – mean transpose. Iz isn’t dead my friends. I play a G7 I stead and that works well. [Verse 2] C Em F C Oh, somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly, F C And the dreams that you dream of... G Am F Dreams really do come true - oo - oo,...oo - oo - oo! those are strumming patterns you can use, DDU is down down up Oh C somewhere Em over the rainbow, F blue birds C fly F And the C dreams that you dream of, G dreams really do com Am e true F … Some C day I’ll wish upon a star G Wake up where the clouds … You can play it with just C Em F G Am. We are planning on putting more chords/tabs up and will definitely try to get some more IZ songs. , https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvmTbruKzM&t=253s it means down down up and down up down. Any reason why you chose that? I use DDU-UDU but on the first D I pick the g string instead of strumming. The rest of the intro is pretty straightforward harmonically besides the Am7 (vi7) which is interesting, and the E7 (V of vi) borrowed dominant from the minor 6th (Am) which returns in the “Wonderful World” section. So, if you want to learn a really popular song, read this article! (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
. For this song ONE option is to strum down down up up down up or DUD UDU. G                         Am  F If you have any other questions, I’m here to help! First of all, Somewhere over the rainbow is in the category of relatively easy Ukulele songs or beginner Ukulele songs. This website is to learn how to play ukulele, not be disrespectful to others. You can then hit the plus or minus buttons and see that the notes in the song change. C ooo-ooo E m ooo-ooo F ooo-ooo C ooo-ooo F ooo-ooo E 7 ooo-ooo A m ooo-ooo F ooo-ooo . ☹️ I am a newer player so I don’t know good strumming patterns. Eureka!! Where I strum down a little more… enthusiastically I guess… every other beat or something like that… I go DOWNupdown-DOWNupdown or it would be the DOWNdownup-upDOWNup….. Hope this was helpful ?