In late April, 10 weeks before his party, Tyler got into a fight at a friend’s house and was arrested on a charge of aggravated battery. He was wearing a black shirt and black shorts, and his left hand was hidden behind his back. We want to hear from you! If Tyler’s parents weren’t home, why were their cars there? Ashley, who didn’t know Tyler very well, assumed he meant that his father had passed away a long time ago. In mid-adolescence, Hadley began showing a range of difficulties, including increased isolation, anxiety, depression and parental conflicts, Kinscherff said. The film follows three juveniles: Juan Gamez, Antonio Hernandez and Jarad Nava. It’s unclear when Sweet will announce his decision after the hearing concludes, but it could be weeks or months later. "I won’t pretend to say that I know exactly what he’s going to look like when he’s 40.”. During Hadley’s resentencing hearing, state prosecutors will go first and present crime scene evidence and testimony that describes the killings in great detail. The street on which the Hadley family had lived since 1987 is named “Granduer.”. Mike cued up Wiz Khalifa’s “No Sleep” and a couple of tracks from a Lil Wayne mixtape, “Tunechi’s Back” and “Racks.” The computer area was even filthier than the rest of the house. I’m scared and I feel so alone…”, He forgave Michael Mandell for turning him in, and preventing him from committing suicide, though not before pointing out that “I’m in jail because of you.”, “I wish I could throw back some Miller Lights and smoke a fat ass strawberry White Owl. 12:50 PM PST I don’t care.”. Tyler Hadley: lol yup shes a cunt fa sho i might kill her Finally Greene knocked on the front door and rang the bell. The funeral service for the Hadleys was attended by nearly a thousand people. “If I get caught, I’ll be in jail a long time.”. “That’s crazy,” said Markey. “He … carried out his evil act of pure selfishness, and enjoyed every minute of horror he inflicted on his loving parents. At the end of the block lies the St. Lucie River, hemmed on either side by a narrow track of riparian forest. Lol He took three pills of Ecstasy, because he worried that he couldn’t kill his parents while “sober.” In the garage he found a claw hammer. But I gotta say it feels good to be sober. For a full five minutes he stood there, thinking about what he was about to do. } “Where the fuck did you get that?” asked Tyler. He mentioned that he was going to St. Lucie County prison in Fort Pierce that night to visit his brother. “In other towns there are places where teens can hang out, but not in Port St. Lucie.”, “The town is so boring,” says Anthony Snook, a lanky 20 year old with an ironic mustache and a surfer’s drawl, while shopping for a new glass pipe at 420 Peace Avenue, a local head shop. But there was a general sense that what happened to Tyler might have happened to any of them. Word was that his name was Tyler Hadley, he attended Port St. Lucie High, and, most crucially, his parents were out of town. “No matter who you were, even if she didn’t like you, she would never give up on you,” says Cameron Adams, a friend of Tyler’s who had been Mary Jo’s student. Mary Jo suffered from depression, and worried that her son might suffer from it as well. Taylor Handley, Actor: Chasing Mavericks. His parents always expected him to be someone else that he wasn’t and that’s not right. “I wasn’t scared, or disgusted. Worried that they might accidentally start a forest fire, she confronted Tyler’s mother. Assuming that there were people inside getting high, he tried to enter, but it was locked. He figured Tyler was trying to make a joke. There was no access to the beach, no downtown, and no place for teenagers to hang out at night other than a giant arcade called Superplay USA, which advertises itself as a State-of-the-Art Family Playground. Mike was talking with some girls on the couch when a very drunk skater kid — he looked like one of Tyler’s friends — ambled over. “I don’t want no one smoking inside,” said Tyler. Though Port St. Lucie was eviscerated by the real estate crash, Tyler’s parents held recession-proof jobs.