You don't want to random encounters during the final dungeon because you have lots of monster chests to fight (and get lots of experience from). This is very important for teaching another character Aerial. Normally, it doesn't unless you are low on EP on a high ATS character, then you realize that you can still cast weaker arts for nearly the same damage as stronger ones. Diamond Dust has a nice status, but its AoE is very small. Stone Impact is just terrible. For the most part, you are right. Hello and welcome to Zoelius' Trails in the Sky the 3rd walkthrough! Therefore, wind and time AoE arts usually hit more targets than earth and fire AoE arts. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Finally, replace Eagle Vision for EP 1 or EP 2 during a boss fight to get Clock Up EX. First, note that some AoE arts are unit-targeted, meaning their AoE is centered around an enemy unit you must select. Everyone needs Action quartz. Make sure to get a Poison quartz that randomly drops in the Sky Bandits boss fight. Focus on exploiting elemental weaknesses as your first priority. Although it uses a lot of EP, it's point-targeted and the Faint status is amazing. Trails in the Sky is very much a game where you should use arts to the best of your ability. You should have some extra quartz of Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind on you at all times. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd; Quartz & Arts Suggestion; User Info: KholdStareMud. So for the 1st game and 2ed game i have been using a quartz guide that was highly useful to getting around with..now 3rd game theres no quartz guide and i am feeling quite blind on good builds etc..anyone wana help me out with some advice? Compare this to Stone Impact. main reason why i used sasid guide on the last two games is cause the whole quartz system is a lil confusing for me..like if you place a quartz in one slot you get one set of abilities but if you place it on another you do not get them...anyways...unless i am misunderstanding something..and i bet i am...it would be great if someone gave me some advice. Notable Arts: Teara, La Tear, Curia, Aerial, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Hell Gate, Shadow Spear, Tear, Aerial, Clock Up, Notable Arts: La Tear, Aerial, Flare Arrow, Fire Bolt EX, Clock Up, Notable Arts: White Gehenna, Hell Gate, Shadow Spear, Aerial, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Teara, La Teara, Curia, Blue Impact, Aerial, Hell Gate, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Teara, La Teara, Curia, Blue Impact, Hell Gate, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Flare Arrow, Napalm Breath, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Teara, Napalm Breath, Fire Bolt EX, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Teara, La Teara, Curia, Blue Impact, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Teara, La Teara, Curia, Blue Impact, Aerial, Clock Up, Notable Arts: White Gehenna, Aerial, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Teara, La Teara, Blue Impact, Flare Arrow, Fire Bolt EX, Aerial, Aero Storm, Clock Up, Notable Arts: White Gehenna, Flare Arrow, Clock Up, Notable Arts: La Tear, Aerial, Hell Gate, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Tearal, La Teara, Blue Impact, Flare Arrow, Aerial, Fire Bolt EX, Spiral Flare, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Tearal, La Teara, Blue Impact, Flare Arrow, Aerial, Fire Bolt EX, Clock Up, Notable Arts: White Gehenna, Flare Arrow, Clock Up EX, Notable Arts: Flare Arrow, Fire Bolt EX, Spiral Flare, Forte, Clock Up, Notable Arts: Aerial, Earth Lance, Clock Up, Roles: Main Healer, AoE damage, Blue Impact, Roles: Mixed Attacker, Clock Up Ex, Earth Lance, Roles: Backup Healer, Clock Up Ex, AoE damage, Blue Impact, Roles: Physical Attacker, Tank, Earth Lance, Roles: Mixed Attacker, Backup Healer, Clock Up EX, Roles: Main Healer, Clock Up EX, AoE damage, Blue Impact, Roles: Mixed Attacker, AoE damage, Clock Up EX, Roles: Mixed Attacker, Support Buffer, Clock Up EX, Roles: Physical Attacker, Earth Lance, Clock Up EX, Anti-Sept All, Roles: Magical Attacker, Backup Healer, Blue Impact, Clock Up EX, Roles: Main Healer, Blue Impact, Clock Up EX, Roles: Magical Attacker, Backup Healer, Blue Impact, Clock Up EX, Anti-Sept All, Roles: Main Healer, Blue Impact, Clock Up EX]. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Effects of Scent, Eagle Eye, Information, Septium Vein, Fortune. EP-30%, Receives less magic damage, but more physical damage, Attacks/Crafts can seal enemies (10% chance), Attacks/Crafts can seal enemies (20% chance), Reflect physical damage with 50% success. Later, you will get Aero Storm, which has a huge AoE that covers almost everything you want to hit, for only 40 EP. In this guide for The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, I will be presenting you with information about quartz and orbal arts. For most of the game, you don't need to worry about this. Get one more if you want, but it's not necessary. The first time Tita leaves you, I highly suggest that you finish the entire Temp Librarian Plus quest series, ending with getting Impede 3 at Sanktheim Gate, before advancing the main story. Each art's base damage is added to ATS, not multiplied. Add one to your collection if you must. What this does is increases how often you act on the timeline, and more actions means more damage for later on. Max HP-20%, Receive less physical damage, but more magic damage, Attacks/Craft can put enemies to sleep (10% chance), Attacks/Craft can put enemies to sleep (20% chance), Prevent enemy arts and crafts with 10% success rate, Prevent enemy arts and crafts with 15% success rate, Prevent enemy arts and crafts with 20% success rate, Prevent enemy arts and crafts with 25% success rate, Prevent enemy arts and crafts with 30% success rate, Make enemies more likely to notice you (Field Only), Recover 2% of user's max HP when defeating an enemy. Using the correct quartz combinations, you can get through any part of the game without knowing much else, making exploration fun and exciting, not tedious. So we're left with Earth Lance, Blue Impact, or Flare Arrow. Casting this at the beginning of a boss battle makes it much easier in most cases, and in my final party, everyone has Clock Up EX along with White Gehenna. Saving repeatedly while in Mistwald until you reach the cutscene is recommended for shorter resets. You will need to make one final Cast 2 quartz later, and you can no longer farm Shining Poms.